Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low Budget VPS required for setting up OpenVPN..Kindly suggest
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low Budget VPS required for setting up OpenVPN..Kindly suggest

wisejockerwisejocker Member
edited August 2017 in Requests

Hi,
I am looking for a VPS at low budget for setting up my own OpenVPN VPN. At a time mostly 3 devices shall be connected via OpenVPN & will be doing torrenting. Kindly suggest some VPS that will allow the same & Asia Pacific location is preferred.
Thank you.

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited August 2017

Well @Quadhost nat (bundle) plans comes to mind. Despite their ghostship if it is just a private project it is quite cheap. Just checked my UK vps with them has 132 days uptime.

Also make sure to check out LES

• @Ympker said:
    Well @Quadhost nat (bundle) plans comes to mind. Despite their ghostship if it is just a private project it is quite cheap. Just checked my UK vps with them has 132 days uptime.

Also make sure to check out LES

Asia pacific is.difficult in leb price

Checkout virmach

Links in signature

• Asia pacific is.difficult in leb price

I will have no problem with some location like Netherlands, romania etc.

• WSSWSS Member

You're not going to have a lot of bandwidth with a LES setup. Most are between 200-500GB/mo.

• @WSS said:
    You're not going to have a lot of bandwidth with a LES setup. Most are between 200-500GB/mo.

500 GB should be enough

• @WSS said:

@wisejocker said:
    500 GB should be enough

http://www.lowendspirit.com/locations.html

How is the uptime of LES? Is that DCMA ignored providor...

• WSSWSS Member

@wisejocker said:
    How is the uptime of LES? Is that DCMA ignored providor...

I've only had downtime when a colocation deadpooled- and took my LES provider down for a couple days. If you're outside of the US, most DMCAs are ignored. If you abuse your LES, you will be terminated without refund, however, they are very commonly used for OpenVPN without issue. Torrenting is something I don't do, so I cannot speak for that, but I doubt they'd be too happy if you expected to do that with your 1-3GB drive space.

• Will try LES...Any other suggested VPS apart from LES?

• WSSWSS Member

Keep in mind that LES is a NAT setup. You get 20 ports for use (and one reserved for ssh). I think Vultr has a Singapore location, and RansomIT's Australian location is decent.

• @wisejocker said:
    Will try LES...Any other suggested VPS apart from LES?

Ramnode does.in.neatherland

Best of the lot

You cant go wrong with those guys

• @noaman said:

@wisejocker said:

Best of the lot

I had very good exprience with Ramnode for hosting my site...6 Months with no downtime... But dont know if they are suitable for personal VPN where torrenting from public tracker will be done.

• @wisejocker said:

@noaman said:

@wisejocker said:

Best of the lot

I had very good exprience with Ramnode for hosting my site...6 Months with no downtime... But dont know if they are suitable for personal VPN where torrenting from public tracker will be done.

No.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

LES doesn't allow torrents. Probably not even if you use it as VPN for torrenting.

Thanked by 2gestiondbi layfon
  • nicenice Member
    edited August 2017
  • no answer for my ticket for more than a week but servers still up

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

LowEndSpirit does not tolerate any way of torrenting. This lead to direct termination of service for any of the provider under LES.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • WSSWSS Member

So.. no LES.

• wisejocker said: I had very good exprience with Ramnode for hosting my site...6 Months with no downtime... But dont know if they are suitable for personal VPN where torrenting from public tracker will be done.

I don't know anything about torrenting other than what it says in their AUP (Torrents (Only allowed in US locations - must be limited to 20Mbps total), but I use a cheap ($15/yr) RamNode US server for my daily VPN traffic. I'm in Canada, but can at least say that there's been no interruption or slowdown in the last year.

• Curious!! How the VPN Companies get away with torrenting and such... Like I have seen ProtonVPN using LeaseWeb & PIA using LogicWeb for their servers but both LeaseWeb & LogicWeb etc. does not allow P2P. So how they PIA, ProtonVPN etc. allowing torrenting from their VPN?

• AidanAidan Member
    edited August 2017

wisejocker said: So how they PIA, ProtonVPN etc. allowing torrenting from their VPN?

They handle many abuse complaints daily.

Providers are more reasonable with clients who own 50 servers over clients who own a single entry-level server.

• openvz.io?

I don't know, how they're thinking about torrents but
    they're quite cheap and might be worth to think about
    or to collect the information you might need.

I'm hosting a virtual machine in sweden with them for
    openVPN purposes.

• @wisejocker said:
    Curious!! How the VPN Companies get away with torrenting and such... Like I have seen ProtonVPN using LeaseWeb & PIA using LogicWeb for their servers but both LeaseWeb & LogicWeb etc. does not allow P2P. So how they PIA, ProtonVPN etc. allowing torrenting from their VPN?

if I remember corrrectly, PIA forward torrent traffic to offshore IP

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • AlexJonesAlexJones Member
    edited August 2017

@sibaper said:

@wisejocker said:
    Curious!! How the VPN Companies get away with torrenting and such... Like I have seen ProtonVPN using LeaseWeb & PIA using LogicWeb for their servers but both LeaseWeb & LogicWeb etc. does not allow P2P. So how they PIA, ProtonVPN etc. allowing torrenting from their VPN?

That's correct

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited August 2017

@AlexJones said:

@sibaper said:

@wisejocker said:

That's correct

Only on US location so far. They route US P2P via OVH Canada.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

If your main interest is torrents, sign up for a service that targets that market.