Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

W4Networks - Anyone tried them?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

W4Networks - Anyone tried them?

netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Hello. I have an old Xeon server laying my house, and I want to check if I can colocate it. I ran into this promo on WHT

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1289730

tl;dr version: $15 monthly, 10TB transfer @ 100mbps, 2 IPs.

Anyone have worked with them? Thanks

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Interesting, they probably have one of those full rack deals with GoRACK. Seems they only got up their Florida 'datacenter' http://www.w4networks.com/data-center.

Tbh I wouldn't trust it just yet.

• Personally, I wouldn't ship anything to a new company offering a loss-leader out of the gate.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

What's a loss leader?

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2013

Like @Infinity said they probably have a full rack with GoRACK, you should just go with GoRACK directly and take their 25.50 special, its not that much more and they have some good rep.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1277401

edited July 2013

& the fact that half of w4s site is broken.

• @Hassan said:
    Like Infinity said they probably have a full rack with GoRACK, you should just go with GoRACK directly and take their 25.50 special, its not that much more and they have some good rep.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1277401

That's only 10mbits though.

So, no one knows them?

@concerto49 said:
    That's only 10mbits though.

Still not too bad though.

@netomx said:
    So, no one knows them?

I haven't heard of them before this thread.

I got this from them:

`Our business name registration within the US is in the process at the moment.

We are a registered company within Australia and have just expanded our services and presence in the US. We reside within the GoRack data center in Jacksonville Florida. Your server wont be coming to our office or into our possession as such, Our technicians will be placing it within our secured lockable racks within the data center.
    `

What can I do to test them, and not to risk my equipment?

WHT page says that they joined in 2007...

FYI: Gorack says:

Hello Mario,

W4 Networks is in our data center. We have a good business relationship with them.

--
    Thanks,
    Larry Ward
    GoRACK Data Center

• I think they should be fine then.

• Yeah it would be a loss leader. Power at GoRack is $16.00 per amp. So he is losing money just on power alone unless they are buying it in quantity.

If I knew what racks they were in I could take a peek and see if they are setup decent or if its a bunch of boxes thrown in a rack.. I am going to GoRack tomorrow.

But otherwise if Larry says they are legit then I guess they would be ok.

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited August 2013

@CNJeremy said:
    But otherwise if Larry says they are legit then I guess they would be ok.

Since W4 Networks is a customer, I suppose GoRack wouldn't tell you even if relationship with W4 is not so good.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@DalComp said:
    Since W4 Networks is a customer, I suppose GoRack wouldn't tell you even if relationship with W4 is not so good.

Well, as long as they are a customer I think the relationship cannot be bad, otherwise they would be kicked already. Depends how good is good and for how long that good lasted so far.