Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS or server with many IPs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS or server with many IPs

Hi,

I am looking for a vps or dedicated server with many IPS (preferably multiple /24). If you can help please contact me

Comments

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

What will you be using this IP space for?

• For such a large IP allocation you're going to need justification. And be prepared to pay for the IP space. What might you need all the IP's for?

• mcu99mcu99 Member

The Vps is for a client with ssl's I am reselling to and server is because I want to setup my own Vps's

• @mcu99 said:
    The Vps is for a client with ssl's I am reselling to and server is because I want to setup my own Vps's

What are you looking for in terms of the VPS and dedicated server? I assume only the dedicated server needs a /24

• mcu99mcu99 Member

Ideally dual cpu, quad core with 8-16gb ram, but all depends on price of the /24

• @mcu99 said:
    Ideally dual cpu, quad core with 8-16gb ram, but all depends on price of the /24

Most VPS nodes (around here and other places) are either E3 (quad core with 8 threads) and 32GB of RAM OR E5 (dual six cores with 12 threads) and 128GB of RAM etc.

We use a combination of both.

• You could easily use an older Dual L5420 server with 16GB RAM for VPSes. You can get L5420 nodes for a pretty decent price these days.

• mcu99 email me: [email protected] i might have something for ya, wouldnt be cheap with that /24 but a reasonable price.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2013

Why do you need /24 for SSL? There's SNI now. Seems like a big waste of money and IPv4 space.

• @perennate said:
    Why do you need /24 for SSL? There's SNI now. Seems like a big waste of money and IPv4 space.

No, he said the /24 is for the dedicated server selling VPS.

By the way, SNI doesn't work here. Lots of people still use XP + IE7 / IE8 etc (serious). China especially.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2013

@mcu99 said:

@concerto49 said:
    No, he said the /24 is for the dedicated server selling VPS.

By the way, SNI doesn't work here. Lots of people still use XP + IE7 / IE8 etc (serious). China especially.

Ah.

• BudgetVM dedicated servers a /24 is like $50

• MagiobiwanMagiobiwan Member
    edited July 2013

Those darn people still using OLD Browsers. Every site on the Internet should inform them of their annoyance, and possibly charge them a small (like $0.15) fee for the time and energy web developers put into making sites appear correctly in them old browsers. And recommend switching to Firefox or Chrome to avoid said fee. Or offer goodies to those who DO use a nice browser. Or redirect Users of old browsers to a plain, black text on white background site with at least 1 "Under Construction" image and an annoying looping MIDI in the background. Also liberal use of the < blink > attribute.

• @Magiobiwan said:
    Those darn people still using OLD Browsers. Every site on the Internet should inform them of their annoyance, and possibly charge them a small (like $0.15) fee for the time and energy web developers put into making sites appear correctly in them old browsers. And recommend switching to Firefox or Chrome to avoid said fee. Or offer goodies to those who DO use a nice browser. Or redirect Users of old browsers to a plain, black text on white background site with at least 1 "Under Construction" image and an annoying looping MIDI in the background. Also liberal use of the < blink > attribute.

The whole of China isn't going to upgrade. Also if you want large companies and government organizations (most people stuck on these old browsers) to have to pay or be shut off - they'll shut you off and not offer services.

I know some banks still requiring IE6 due to ActiveX.