Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email reseller
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Email reseller

draziloxdrazilox Member
edited July 2013 in Requests

Hi all!

Where could I find good reseller for email that I could easily resell white-labelled email boxes for customers.

The price im looking for would be ≤$2/mo/account.

I also don't feel comfortable hosting it myself.

Atmail Cloud looks pretty good, any others?

Comments

• dnwkdnwk Member
    edited July 2013

(Deleted)

• You take a look at polarismail.com

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I would recommend a trustworthy cPanel provider for a cost effective solution, considering your purpose will be reselling. If it were me, I'd host it myself all hand configured if I were reselling e-mail alone. I know you say you don't trust yourself, but it's really not that bad and there are a lot of tutorials in the subject of setting up mail servers as well as securing them. A little time learning how others do it and why they do it the way they do goes a long way.

• Agree with @jarland. Setting up a email cluster with hourly/continuous backups will give you more power and flexibility.

Hosted Atmail is also a good..
    If you prefer windows based newbie friendly solution try http://www.smartertools.com/smartermail/pricing.aspx

• @jarland said:
    I would recommend a trustworthy cPanel provider for a cost effective solution, considering your purpose will be reselling.

So what you're saying is, that I should get shared hosting and host email there?

@peppr @jarland I know it would be good in long term, but still don't feel safe and comfortable doing that.

• Didn't find any price, unless you ment Office 365, which is too expensive. Is it free?

• @drazilox It's free.

• @Jeffrey said:
    drazilox It's free.

Okay. I have to look into it. I have to know if I can resell it (for free, since it's free (well I guess it's not really reSELLING then)), and also if I can add multiple domains (customers domains).

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@drazilox said:
    Hi all,

I also don't feel comfortable hosting it myself.

Don't do it then? Get an account, learn it, then do it proper.

• @AlexanderM said:
    Don't do it then?

That was never an option. I added that so I could avoid getting comments saying "Host it your self" and "Hosted mail is for n00bs, lrn 2 do it urself" (yeah maybe only that first one).

• PatsPats Member

@jarland said:
    I would recommend a trustworthy cPanel provider for a cost effective solution, considering your purpose will be reselling. If it were me, I'd host it myself all hand configured if I were reselling e-mail alone. I know you say you don't trust yourself, but it's really not that bad and there are a lot of tutorials in the subject of setting up mail servers as well as securing them. A little time learning how others do it and why they do it the way they do goes a long way.

only issue is landing emails to Inbox.. if clients emails are landing at spam/junk box then..
    thats why i think starting with reselling of other's stable network would be good.. many domain registrars have email hosting option which can be resold.. or other co.'s like everyone.net and others..

• with a small buyin ($100 last i checked) for OpenSRS, you can get mailboxes with brandable webmail, for .50/mailbox, 5GB Disk, 35MB send limit.

• draziloxdrazilox Member
    edited August 2013

@ctalkington said:
    with a small buyin ($100 last i checked) for OpenSRS, you can get mailboxes with brandable webmail, for .50/mailbox, 5GB Disk, 35MB send limit.

Well, small and small, $100 (actually $95) is a lot at my point of view.

• How about this?

• @ElliotJ said:
    How about this?

I'm not using WHMCS. Also IIRC last time I talked at rackspace livechat, they said email reselling starts at $200/mo or /year. So yeah, not suitable for me at all.

• ctalkingtonctalkington Member
    edited August 2013

@drazilox said:
    Well, small and small, $100 (actually $95) is a lot at my point of view.

yah, its a bit but only one time fee and the reduction in support makes up for it after several tickets etc. at one point, they had a 50% off but not sure if its still floating around. As a bonus, you can sell other things they offer and you get a very competitive per mailbox price. fyi mailbox cost includes aliases, spam filtering, and forwarding.

the way they bill i rather interesting as the first month of each mailbox ends up being free since they only bill for mailboxes that exist for a full billing cycle. guess you could call it "snapshot" billing.