Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wholesaleinternet vs nocix? same thing?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

wholesaleinternet vs nocix? same thing?

Are these the same company? They have the same IP for the test file...

Comments

• same shit...

• good or bad?

• This shit stinks of diarrhea :(

• That bad huh? what's the issue? the facility? customer service? connectivity?

• Nothing special, mediocre facility/support with budget transit.

If you're looking for a budget solution, it's a good enough choice.

• Waldo19Waldo19 Member
    edited August 2017

edited...

• I have another thread (near top of thread list) for recommendations if you guys have any...

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I've been with nocix back when it was named Datashack.

It is ok for the price, never experienced downtime, speed was "ok". Not that great to my home (so far nothing in Kansas City have good speed to my home).
    Very good speed to other locations.

Support answers quickly and it is not automated answers.

• I have a bunch of ramnode vps and I'm looking to consolidate. Rather spend $50 on dedicated than $75 on vps.

How slow are the speeds to you and more importantly, do they fluctuate? I can get some 35Mbps on the download test (running multiple threads, single thread is ~5Mbps) but I don't want to pull 35Mbps right now and 2Mbps when it matters.

• @Ishaq said:
    Nothing special, mediocre facility/support with budget transit.

If you're looking for a budget solution, it's a good enough choice.

Providers dissing other providers is never a good thing.

================================================

I have been with Datashack which is now Nocix since 2012. Support has been quick, and always responsive. I currently have a colocation with them which has since been discontinued.

Over the past year, I have utilized about 46TB of data on their network. Most of which without issue. Many of which are caused by them being single homed to he.net. https://bgp.he.net/AS32097#_graph4

However, network wise they do have a few blips here and there. Expect a 99% uptime. Don't expect a 99.9% uptime. In the past year I remember two occasions where they lost power for a few hours.

===============================================

Summary:

If you don't need 99.9% uptime, want a cheap service, don't mind being single homed, and have backups of your data. WSI and Nocix both do an excellent job. They even have ipv6 support. #soon.

Need more uptime, and want things to be up 99.9% of the time. Go with incero.com. You will have to pay more but you get far better performance.

• WSSWSS Member

I've had some super-budget stuff with WSI in the past. It's not bad. It is what it is. If you want a Core2Duo for $0.33/day, there ya go.

• @AlyssaD said: Providers dissing other providers is never a good thing.

We offer different services, and I even recommended them as a budget solution.