Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SSD VPS Providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SSD VPS Providers

MASKMASK Member
edited July 2013 in Requests

Hey guys,
I am looking for SSD VPS providers (not SSD cached). Anyone have a list or few names I can look into?? I know there is digitalocean but are there similar providers.

May be someone with OnAPP, better CPU, more locations etc.

Thanks

Comments

• @MASK said:
    Hey guys,
    I am looking for SSD VPS providers (not SSD cached). Anyone have a list or few names I can look into?? I know there is digitalocean but are there similar providers.

Thanks

Try RamNode

http://www.ramnode.com/
  • MASKMASK Member

@ravenchad said:
    Try RamNode

http://www.ramnode.com/

Well, their 2GB offering is a bit pricy compare to digitalocean. Also I need a provider with better pings to Asia. And both their locations are about 340ms.

• Wait for @Fliphost to add the new node. They are in LA.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@MASK - we have a 35% off coupon on lowendbox.com right. Feel free to PM me a trace to our Seattle location from your Asian location.

• awsonawson Member

I think DigitalOcean are working on an Asian location

• We have SSD in Netherlands, if your interested let me know!

Thanked by 1MASK
  • Beyond those already named - Castlegem.co.uk, SSDVirt, ArmorShark

Thanked by 1ozfingwe
  • Do a tracert to several locations, see what city you land on first within the US. Many (including me) land at L.A. first, but even within the city you'll find some areas with slower ping than others. I get 150-160ms ping to Fliphost and ChicagoVPS @ LA, about 180-200ms to RamNode Seattle. RamNode is great for me despite the slower ping because I've been with them a few months, enough time to see consistency with the hardware and network (and @Nick_A is uber, I like throwing what little spare money I have at him).

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

+1 for RamNode, just bought my second one a few hours ago. Amazing IO and great network.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@serverian thanks for the recommendation. The newest node just came in and should be ready soon.

@MASK

I could do

2GB RAM

12GB SSD Disk

4 cores

1000GB @ 1Gbps

KVM

LA

$7per month

Thanked by 1MASK
  • OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

RansomIT has SSD KVM VPS in Adelaide, South Australia. Pings to Singapore are quite good and to Hong Kong and Japan also pretty good but it depends a bit on your ISP and what peering arrangements they do or don't have...

www.ransomit.com.au/vps

Cheers,
    Oliver

• I have pure SSD available on our OnApp platform, but have not built out that datastore pricing what's your budget?

• @MASK said:

First they got a 35% off coupon and second RamNode is so much better compared to Digital Ocean.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • jhjh Member

I've got some newly-available space on my OnApp SSD system in the UK. PM me your requirements.

Thanked by 1MASK
  • jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

In Spain :)

• AmfyAmfy Member

@jmginer said:
    In Spain :)

With your enterprise network?

• MASKMASK Member

Any other provider?

• fileMEDIAfileMEDIA Member
    edited July 2013

Europe location? We can do this, but only solusvm: https://www.filemedia.de/speedbox.php

• MASKMASK Member

Any one in NY, Chicago or nearby areas?

• johnjohn Member

We offer KVM SSD VPSs in Piscataway, NJ.

• @MASK said:
    Any one in NY, Chicago or nearby areas?

We'll be offering SSD VPS in Buffalo from tomorrow based on the following hardware platform:

E3-1240v3
    LSI-9271 with Cachevault
    6 x Intel 520 SSD Raid 10

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@MASK said:
    Hey guys,

Thanks

We just started providing OpenVZ SSD VPS in San Diego, CA. We don't use OnAPP however, and we use E3-1270V2s on our Cali nodes. PM me for some discounts. http://clients.reversehosts.com/cart.php?gid=21

• I would not advise that anyone do business with CVPS. It is my personal opinion that they are generally neither honest nor competent. I urge you to do your research about this company.

You can read my comment about them here: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/288305/#Comment_288305

For those of you thinking that I am just one upset customer, I thought the same thing when I was researching CVPS. I ignored the warning from another customer. I regret it. I hope that you do not make the same mistake. There are other companies out there with similar plans and pricing that will treat you better.

Best of luck.

• @upsetcvps you're still here bitching about them?

Grow up and get over it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @MrObvious said:
    upsetcvps you're still here bitching about them?

Grow up and get over it.

he's right though

• @texteditor said:
    he's right though

I'd be more willing to listen to him if every single post wasn't just a copy/paste.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@upsetcvps Well, I have 4 with them, and I'm very happy. Sorry about your case.

• @MASK said:
    Hey guys,

Thanks

We only provide SSD-based VPS with generous CPU allocation (from 2CPUs). Feel free to ping/trace us and see if that works for you. http://www.velocihost.net/speedtest.html

• @MrObvious said:
    upsetcvps you're still here bitching about them?

Not bitching, just trying to look out for other customers. I wish I had listened to those that warned me. I don't want anyone to make the same mistake I did.