Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Installation of Windows 10 or Server 2016 on E3 or E5 dedi
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Installation of Windows 10 or Server 2016 on E3 or E5 dedi

AlanDSAlanDS Member

Hello All, I never tried installing Windows OS with desktop environment on E3 or E5 processor based dedicated machines. So before I try, I would like to know whether it's possible to install Windows on these kind of machines? As far as I know, these processors do not have integrated GPU. So will I be able to get desktop display on RDP or graphic card is required? Please let me know.

Comments

• ChristianDSHChristianDSH Member, Host Rep

Hi,

most likely you need a gpu for it, at least i needed a gpu for processors which didn't have integrated gpus.

• @AlanDS said:
    Hello All, I never tried installing Windows OS with desktop environment on E3 or E5 processor based dedicated machines. So before I try, I would like to know whether it's possible to install Windows on these kind of machines? As far as I know, these processors do not have integrated GPU. So will I be able to get desktop display on RDP or graphic card is required? Please let me know.

Hi, RDP didn't need GPU. so you can install windows OS on that server

Thanked by 2vpsGOD AlanDS
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

You don't need a GPU at all. RDP will work just fine.

• AlanDSAlanDS Member
    edited August 2017

Thanks for the replies guys.. Is there any method to load an ISO from web to KVM IPMI Console? I checked Web ISO option... But the button is greyed out. Only ISO selection from local computer is allowed.. Any other way? My internet connection is slow and it would take ages to upload 4GB Windows server iso.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

I have sent you a PM.

• You can get a hourly billing VPS and use it to upload your Windows ISO to your server over IPMI. I can get you a Windows VPS for some hours to do this task for free, just PM me.

Thanked by 2WSS AlanDS
  • RDP and Teamviewer work just fine in Windows 10 or 2016 even without a GPU.

Thanked by 1AlanDS