Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any experience with misterhost.de ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any experience with misterhost.de ?

gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
edited January 2012 in General

Hello,
While looking for a LEB in Europe i came across the rather new host misterhost.de (They seem to exist only since this month)
While they offer servers in the LEB price range & you can find pretty much information on the owner, i'm sceptical that its just a one-man-show or so.
Does anyone have experience with them?

Comments

• AmfyAmfy Member
    edited January 2012

The design is nice :P but it looks like very similar with colorhost.de

If you look at there blog, you will see an article which describes an owner switch (http://misterhost.de/unternehmen/unserer-blog/aktuelles/artikel/neuer-inhaber-von-misterhostde.html) but maybe that's only for the law... :P

I will ask them for a testvserver... - Sent them a mail. Waiting for answer.

And it looks like, that they're using WHMCS :)

• Hi!
    my name is Stephan Röder, from misterhost.de
    The owner change was not only for the law, Mr. Vierke is no longer in this business. We get misterhost and will continue his business. My company ITP-Solutions exists since 2002, so we have some experience in the hosting market. Colorhost has a lot of similar texts on her page, because they are hosting in the same datacenter and the texts came from comtrance. For any questions visit my Live-Support or send me an email to [email protected] You'll get an answer within a few couple of hours.

• not only for the law

Sorry was a bad joke from me ;)

Okay, got a nice mail from them and can test their xen package a month and maybe later the openvz, too - will test it at the weekend and write a review (a middle long one in english and a long one in german) :)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2012

Finally some proper hosting company page again... http://misterhost.de/en/our-company/imprint.html I might try them in future.

• @Spirit said: proper company

Here in Germany the most companies are proper :P

I will write a test in the next days, then we can see how good they are :)
    Does anybody want specific things to know?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2012

@Amfy I completely agree. Not even one of my reliable german LEB host is without decent imprint as something what I am miss with most of my non EU hosts.

• Just signed up, heres the basic data:

CPU model :    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5504 @ 2.00GHz
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency : 1596.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 512 MB
    Total amount of swap : 512 MB
    System uptime :   0 min,
    Download speed : (46.4MB/s)
    I/O speed : 136MB/s

Very good :)
    Gonna see how it runs in the long term

• Misterhost Review http://geekblog.be/608_vserver-von-misterhost-stresstest.html (but in German, later it will be available in english, too)

Thanked by 1yomero
  • Ty @Amfy numbers are numbers still in German :P

• Got a OpenVZ vps with them, see how it works. I like the selection Debian templates they have...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Raymii said: I like the selection Debian templates they have...

Was looking at them for some 2 weeks... Now deffinitelly worth looking at, since they have huge BW on offer. Interesting to see if they allow Tor, otherwise I have already enough VPSes for now.
    M

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited March 2012

Well i've been with them for 2 months now. In that time there was 1 reboot and a few (3-4) network problems (everybody on Teamspeak lagged for 10 minutes or so).
    But i can't complain, i'm running a Teamspeak 3 server, 24 slot CSS server and nginx for 2€/month.
    So all in all they are a decent provider.

• I've had the smallest OpenVZ from them for a few weeks now, and it has been FANTASTIC in all respects. Stephan is quick to respond to tickets and very helpful. The Debian/Ubuntu templates at least work perfectly out of the box I'll post stats a little later since posting from phone right now.

If you are not from the EU, remember to ask Stephan to deduct the 19% VAT which is included in the prices from your invoice! The only downside I can think of is that the disk space may be a little on the low side for some, and FUSE is not enabled.

• ZeroZero Member

+1 for MisterHost!

• AmitzAmitz Member

+1 from me. Used their OpenVZ Large plan and the VPS performed very well!

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • I have one of their smallest OpenVZ VPSs... works extremely well!

• I have the vServer OpenVZ - vServer S and vServer Xen - Xen-Small-S--
    The OpenVZ is nice, but the Debian template is having a problem with update and upgrade, so I have to change the /etc/apt/sources.list
    Tun/tap can be enabled by contacting the host. Support is fast and friendly.

For the XEN, when I want to run openvpn with iptables, I have problem with the iptables module. They said I have to configure it myself. A little weird for a xen. Which usually it should be automatically installed / available.

I've used virtualbox, vmware, virtualpc, parallel for testing in my own computer, and all of them work as xen, and the iptables and tun/tap working without having installing/configuring anything

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@ErawanArifNugroho said: I have problem with the iptables module. They said I have to configure it myself.

Well, it depends what that means... You should have iptables ready available. If that doesnt work, then it is host's fault, if you mean they should configure ports and pinholes for you, then, no, that is your job.
    M

• i have 4 months with them. It was good at first but then it went downhill.

• AmitzAmitz Member

@cosmicgate
    In what way? Care to elaborate?

• @gsrdgrdghd said: I/O speed : 136MB/s

What node is your VPS on?