Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can anyone point me to some good sites for buying/configuring Servers (Hardware)?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can anyone point me to some good sites for buying/configuring Servers (Hardware)?

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited August 2017 in General

Looking to colocate a server and wondering where the best place to buy the hardware would be. Usually for pc stuff I use MindFactory.

Comments

• Any particular location of interest? There are supermicro builders everywhere and the closer to where it needs to be shipped the better.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Where in the world are we talking?

I usually peruse Natex. Great prices and a very reliable seller.

There were a few other suggestions in a thread I posted a while back: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/112236/what-s-your-go-to-place-to-purchase-used-server-equipment

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Germany. I am looking to colocate in Nuremberg/Munich DC :P

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Try www.ebuyer.com but they are based in U.K.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Ympker:
    Looking for new or for used / refurbished hw?

• twiigltwiigl Member
    edited August 2017

For MUC:

• Okayish would be Contabo, but depends on your colo-config

• Mivitec would be an option, but they try to put you on their "dump" traffic via cogent and I dislike them personally

• A good provider would be maybe also Hofer-Media. Usually they use Level3 DC in MUC but also have space near Messe-Stadt Ost with SAT dishes, since one year also in Astra 2E beam area (DUS I guess)

• Core-Backbone should have something there, but for sure and "expensive" noris-network and MNet. Also you have SpaceNet in MUC, a "pioneer" with Gerd and there is also QSC got a building in MUC.

For NBG you've almost the same options like Core-Backbone, noris-network, Contabo, MNet QSC and additionally Hetzner and netcup.

Personally I don't do colo in Germany with my private stuff, but the company I work for got a cage in FFM really enterprise expensive shit :P.

If you prefer the south, maybe Prague would be also an option for you. Could be cheaper in some cases.
    Otherwise Netherlands are cheap for single server colocation/housing.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Timtimo13 said:
    @Ympker:

Don't mind :P Depends on the offers I guess^^

@twiigl Im from Nuremberg area so I was looking at Nuremberg colo :) Either Contabo, Netcup or Hetzner I guess^^

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@Ympker said:

@Timtimo13 said:
    @Ympker:

Don't mind :P Depends on the offers I guess^^

@twiigl Im from Nuremberg area so I was looking at Nuremberg colo :) Either Contabo, Netcup or Hetzner I guess^^

Worth looking at Core-Backbone too, we've been with them for years and are very happy.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • twiigltwiigl Member
    edited August 2017

I've edited my post above, Czech bla

Ympker said: Either Contabo, Netcup or Hetzner

Then take a look at Contabo first, netcup traffic is really expensive and Hetzner is good if you take some units.

jackb said: Core-Backbone too, we've been with them for years and are very happy.

Indeed got also offers from them in the past and their sales contact I've got is very good

Thanked by 1Ympker