Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter Atlanta Down Again...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter Atlanta Down Again...

http://delimiterstatus.com/ reports more "major packet loss" ...

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

Well, nothing getting through is pretty much major packet loss. :D

• Can we talk about a packet jam then?

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Seems to be a pattern here. Every 4 or so days, their Atlanta location gets DDoS'd

• WSSWSS Member

@Amitz said:
    Can we talk about a packet jam then?

But- I don't like jam!

• Let's stick with "pretty much major packet loss" then.

• WSSWSS Member

I prefer to call it "Traffic Gridlock", but that's so long ago that most folks won't even get the reference.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • Had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago where packets were getting routed somewhere silly, but it seemed to be an isolated thing.

Don't know enough about networking for a theory but something seems to be tits up on that front.

• rdesrdes Member

One server up, second down from ~1h...

• GuyPGuyP Member

My server's been down going on 7 hours now. Nothing from Delimiter other than a report of "major packet loss" .... Need to get off Delimiter, this is ridiculous.

• @GuyP said:
    My server's been down going on 7 hours now. Nothing from Delimiter other than a report of "major packet loss" .... Need to get off Delimiter, this is ridiculous.

Delimiter sucks. I've learned that the hard way. Sucks Suck Sucks.

Their communication skills are just plain awful. Why have a ticketing system if they rarely answer? I had tickets open from previous outages that don't even bother closing.

The outage last month was the last straw for me. My hardware also died and we were down for 4 days while they tried to find hardware. So much for this promise: "Our support team is here to quickly fix any network or hardware problems. Backed by a 24 hour hardware replacement guarantee." Updates took around 12 to 24 hours.

They then basically blamed us for not moving over to newer hardware and claimed they contacted us many times -- but they were just marketing emails instead of a personal message asking for us to move. Trying to get people to move to new hardware and pay more..... sigh.

Then they proceeded to complain about us being on the wrong client portal, but their f-n website tells you to go to one if you are pre-2015 customer.

So bad.

• GuyPGuyP Member

calacak said: Delimiter sucks. I've learned that the hard way. Sucks Suck Sucks.

Yep. The outages are becoming too frequent, and as you mentioned, the lack of communication is terrible. Currently seeking other options. Where did you land?

• We actually moved to AWS. This was a website for a friend and I told him to put his big boy pants on and pony up :-)

I've been using the server to play around with some other things, but it's been hard since there have been so many outages.

• @calacak said:

@GuyP said:

Delimiter sucks. I've learned that the hard way. Sucks Suck Sucks.

Their communication skills are just plain awful. Why have a ticketing system if they rarely answer? I had tickets open from previous outages that don't even bother closing.

The outage last month was the last straw for me. My hardware also died and we were down for 4 days while they tried to find hardware. So much for this promise: "Our support team is here to quickly fix any network or hardware problems. Backed by a 24 hour hardware replacement guarantee." Updates took around 12 to 24 hours.

They then basically blamed us for not moving over to newer hardware and claimed they contacted us many times -- but they were just marketing emails instead of a personal message asking for us to move. Trying to get people to move to new hardware and pay more..... sigh.

Then they proceeded to complain about us being on the wrong client portal, but their f-n website tells you to go to one if you are pre-2015 customer.

So bad.

I got the same complaint about using the old panel as well

A year ago I asked can I have my data moved to the new panel so I don't have two accounts, but got the following reponse from the same person that told me I needed to move in the last ticket I had when they f'd up the routing for my subnet.

• Got the same message as you @CFarence. I never got told about this migration but dutifully followed the instructions. My ticket to get moved over is "on hold" and has been for a month now. I'm paid up until November and then I'll be moving. Great server when its up but this is the third downtime in a month and I'm done. Came back online as of 5 mins ago, running a new backup as we speak.

• zedzed Member

11hr downtime due to "major packet loss" rebooted my box!

Thanked by 1Silvenga
  • CFarenceCFarence Member
    edited August 2017

@kingjj said:
    Got the same message as you @CFarence. I never got told about this migration but dutifully followed the instructions. My ticket to get moved over is "on hold" and has been for a month now. I'm paid up until November and then I'll be moving. Great server when its up but this is the third downtime in a month and I'm done. Came back online as of 5 mins ago, running a new backup as we speak.

Same here, I'm probably going to collocate with someone. I have a 1U server I just need to throw some drives in and it'll be good to go. I run a lot of VMs on my delimiter box and the drive performance just isn't good enough. I've talked to delimiter about SSDs but they won't even let me put 256gb SSDs in the box and for the 128's they wanted an extra 30 a month...

Also my box came back up a couple minutes ago.... Now it'll take it at least 20-30 to complete the boot up of all the VMs.. That is some "Major Packet Loss" since it was able to kill the power to the box.

Thanked by 1kingjj
  • GuyPGuyP Member

Yep - looks like my server is up, too. Only took 12 hours...

• CFarence said: Same here, I'm probably going to collocate with someone.

Ha, moving to colo as well. SSD's were also my reason (and a better CPU), much cheaper to colo. Shipping out my hardware next weekend.

• "The incident is closed, approximately 80 systems were affected. Some systems locked up and were restarted. If you are still experiencing issues please restart your server or open a new support ticket to request assistance."

Locked up why? If its network issues (another DDoS I bet) than unless its the targeted system why would this lock up any others? Even if they took out the switches along the way could this affect other systems to the point of locking up?

• Tough decision, for $20 a month there is nothing comparable to what i have with them

• rdesrdes Member

My server also was restarted ;). Up from 7h now.

• Nope

• keep holding on for dear life!

• Nope