Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Operation to destroy Shadowsocks
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comments

• nicenice Member

Censorship, what a pity!

• sonicsonic Veteran

Anyway to install shadowsocks atm?

• Dude, look at the list of branches. The original code is still in one of the branches...

• fxffxf Member
    edited August 2017

What did you link to? Most of those are down. Didn't China force the original developer to take the Github repo offline months to a year ago anyway?

Also: https://github.com/shadowsocksr-backup

• mintmint Member

I'm concerned about if breakwa11's safe or not... :c

• mint said: I'm concerned about if breakwa11's safe or not... :c

probably not. don't visit it.

• ansiklopedi said: The operation was arranged.

That clears it then

• fxffxf Member

@Abdussamad said:

mint said: I'm concerned about if breakwa11's safe or not... :c

Don't visit what? Probably not what? A site or a person? How did you judge that?

@Abdussamad said:

ansiklopedi said: The operation was arranged.

That clears it then

Okay. Thanks for the shitpost.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@Abdussamad said:

mint said: I'm concerned about if breakwa11's safe or not... :c

What supporting information do you have to backup that statement? Are you just spamming your signature?

• Breakwa11 delete the project because the cyberbully, someone post her personal information.

• @fxf said:
    What did you link to? Most of those are down. Didn't China force the original developer to take the Github repo offline months to a year ago anyway?

Also: https://github.com/shadowsocksr-backup

Not this time

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited August 2017

KuJoe said: What supporting information do you have to backup that statement?

The fact that the OP just spammed a bunch of links to empty git repos and one website. He didn't provide any supporting info at all. What am I supposed to make of that?

BTW I thought the guy I was replying to was talking about the website spammed in the OP not the person breakwa11 and that's what I was talking about when I said don't visit it.

KuJoe said: Are you just spamming your signature?

I'm not a new member to be doing that.

I'll be staying out of this thread. Sorry if I offended you guys.

• @Abdussamad said:

The fact that the OP just spammed a bunch of links to empty git repos and one website. He didn't provide any supporting info at all. What am I supposed to make of that?

BTW I thought the guy I was replying to was talking about the website spammed in the OP not the person breakwa11 and that's what I was talking about when I said don't visit it.

Breakwall was a person to fight against nation wide internet censorship and helped people to access those websites that they are not allowed to (eg. google facebook twitter). The person recently had issues and had to wipe all the git repos and websites to protect self. The guy you were replying to was concerned about personal safety of that brave person.

A little background story for you if you had no idea what you were talking about.

Thanked by 2Vinnyletje mint
  • Please, don't mix ShadowsocksR with Shadowsocks, they are NOT the same thing.

Thanked by 1mint