Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how to get my company name in ssl certificate
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

how to get my company name in ssl certificate

for example wordpress.com have it

what is cost and how can I get it and how to configure?

Thanked by 1Intelpentium0

Comments

• sharuusharuu Member
    edited August 2017

You need to get an Extended Validation Certificate

Thanked by 1gonduriya
  • It's called EV SSL certificate. You need to provide additional documentation.

https://www.namecheap.com/security/ssl-certificates/extended-validation.aspx

Thanked by 1gonduriya
  • As you have already shown in your example image, for displaying company name in green bar you must require to enable EV SSL certificate. Comodo EV SSL cost remains low compared to all other SSL certificate authority.

And for configuring it, you require documents related to your organization.

Thanked by 1gonduriya
  • nalplynalply Member
    edited August 2017

Usually you need to provide proof of registration of your company. I did EV with StartCom a few years ago. They needed a written confirmation of an attorney that the excerpt from the commercial registry is valid. Additionally they needed proof of the attorney's status. This depends on the jurisdiction where your company is located, for example you could give them the link to a membership list of a lawyer bar. I gave them the attorney's list of the High Court of Zurich and they accepted that. The cost was around $300 for three years. I was lucky that my attorney was a friend and did it for free for me.

Thanked by 1gonduriya
  • RayhanRayhan Member
    edited August 2017

Nothing much.

A company registration, DUNS number & a valid phone number is enough for validation. You may also have Yellow Pages listing as supporting method for phone number validation.

If you have them, simply buy a EV SSL and wait 5-7 days for complete validation.

You may go on the SSL company's live chat and provide them details like order number, company number/filling ID, DUNS number for expiated your SSL validation.

It's will take about 2-3 hours for complete EV validation on live chat. I have got validate multiple EV SSL with GeoTrust in this way.

I believe that you can get a Comodo EV SSL at about $80 and a GeoTrust True BusinessID at about $140.

Company registration in UK will charge only about $8-$18 and US LLC/Corporation about $150-$300.

You may also have a company in your own country. That's also a option.

Thanked by 1gonduriya
  • Thanks every1 this thread can be closed now as I will go with namecheap :)

• To get your business name in the SSL Certificate your need an Extended Validation Certificate. EV SSL or Extended Validation Certificate is the type of SSL Validation that secure website with 256-Bit Encryption and 2048-bit RSA encryption and also display verified business in the browser green address bar. Before displaying the business name in the browser. CA authorities verify the existence of a company through a strict legal process. Many Certificate Authority offers EV SSL Certificate. GeoTrust True BusinessId with EV Certificate enables green address bar and display your company name on it.

1. To Validate your business through Extended Validation process takes approx seven days or less.

2. A business required to provide their existing documents such as Registration number, Business Communication number & a letter from authorized government agencies.

3. Business gets call from Certificate Authority during the validation process.

• @gonduriya said:
    Thanks every1 this thread can be closed now as I will go with namecheap :)

You may check this link before moving forward.