Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can the SYS Arm 2gb RAM 4tb HD server for $28 be beaten in price? (Unlimited BW)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can the SYS Arm 2gb RAM 4tb HD server for $28 be beaten in price? (Unlimited BW)

Im aware of the limitations/etc.... I was just curious if this deal can be beaten?

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

Considering the 1x6TB unit is only $37, I'd say "Yes".

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • Where's this at?

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep
    Thanked by 1Damian
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2017

Sure it can. It is quite easy to find a 2x2TB (or more) server at 20-25 EUR.

The recent Online.net sale has 2x2TB Intel E3 with 16GB RAM available (same storage, tons better CPU, 8x the RAM) -- for 20 EUR only.

OneProvider has a 2x2TB Xeon with 16GB RAM available right now for 25 EUR.

Or if unmetered bandwidth is not the top priority, Hetzner has a 2x3TB server for 26 EUR in their auction.

And we just had that Dacentec deal with a 8 TB storage dedi for $25.

So that SYS deal is really nothing special, and that's not to even mention the CPU will be astonishingly crap, and only 2GB of RAM is laughable for a 30 USD server.

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • @WSS said:
    Considering the 1x6TB unit is only $37, I'd say "Yes".

Fair enough. I was just curious if 4TB was obtainable for under $28 USD.

@rm_ said:
    Sure it can. It is quite easy to find a 2x2TB (or more) server at 20-25 EUR.

The recent Online.net sale has 2x2TB Intel E3 with 16GB RAM available (same storage, tons better CPU, 8x the RAM) -- for 20 EUR only.

OneProvider has a 2x2TB Xeon with 16GB RAM available right now for 25 EUR.

Or if unmetered bandwidth is not the top priority, Hetzner has a 2x3TB server for 26 EUR in their auction.

And we just had that Dacentec deal with a 8 TB storage dedi for $25.

So that SYS deal is really nothing special, and that's not to even mention the CPU will be astonishingly crap, and only 2GB of RAM is laughable for a 30 USD server.

I agree but all the deals that top it are limited. (At least that Im aware of)

Missed out on the Online.net server(or i don't see it), don't see the OneProvider 2x2tb but I"ll recheck and certainly missed the Dacentec deal.

Hetzer is a no go for me.

• @Waldo19 said:
    don't see the OneProvider 2x2tb but I"ll recheck

http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france
    It's always been there. Just select Paris on the homepage.

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • @layfon said:

@Waldo19 said:
    don't see the OneProvider 2x2tb but I"ll recheck

http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france
    It's always been there. Just select Paris on the homepage.

Many thanks. I'll order today unless I can find more HD. (Willing to sacrifice ram)

Thanks again brother!

• WSSWSS Member

For what it's worth, OneProvider is basically an Online reseller. Good luck.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2017

This one is not a limited deal either. https://robot.your-server.de/order/market/country/US
    One server at 26.05, the next one at 27.73 with "Ent. HDD". But not just two servers and that's it, they restock regularly, you can pretty much always see a deal like that on the auction.

P.S.: oh, just noticed your last line about Hetzner.

• WSSWSS Member

Jesus when did Hetzner get so damn expensive.

• EwokEwok Member

I'm trying to get away from oneprovider. Yeah, sure it's great when it's working which it did for 6 months until I started having issues. 2 weeks of back and forth through tickets, asking me to do the same thing over and over again and not actually attempting to resolve the issue.

Trying to find something similar to what I have, even with limited outgoing traffic. Seems like I missed a ton of good deals.