Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dediserve Fixed Instances
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dediserve Fixed Instances

Received this mail just now.. They are out of my reach in price(will be waiting for an let offer!).. But many of you may find it useful..

Hi there,

As a result of customer demand following last month's survey we're proud to announce the launch of Dediserve's Fixed Instance packages.

Don't need a resource pool, just a single instance? With only a few clicks you can instantly provision an enterprise-grade server environment anywhere, globally.

All of our Fixed Instance Dediservers are deployed into our blazing fast pure-SSD clouds, on fully redundant infrastructure and automatically backed up for you! We've got you covered.

https://manage.dediserve.com/cart/fixed-instances/

Comments

• This is LET. No coupon codes, no fun!

Thanked by 2fan Waldo19
  • Amitz said: This is LET. No coupon codes, no fun!

no coupon, just direct link to order 50% cheaper

https://manage.dediserve.com/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=375
    1GB Dediserver

• @sibaper Any coupon/link for higher ones?

• Windmm said: @sibaper Any coupon/link for higher ones?

nope, I know that link because it's on my bookmark. let's wait for @dediserve

• What different between resource pool and Fixed Instance? Fixed means dedicated? CPU is also dedicated cores?

• layfonlayfon Member
    edited August 2017

@noqqkk said:
    What different between resource pool and Fixed Instance? Fixed means dedicated? CPU is also dedicated cores?

Fixed is most likely "pre-configured" resource. It means you can't buy additional IP, bandwidth. As for CPU, if my memory serves me right, you mostly can 100% your CPU since they always have some space.

Edit: Fixed instance is just new name for their "server" product line, since the LET special "server" I got was now categorized as fixed instance in client area.

Thanked by 1noqqkk
  • @layfon said:

@noqqkk said:
    What different between resource pool and Fixed Instance? Fixed means dedicated? CPU is also dedicated cores?

Fixed is most likely "pre-configured" resource. It means you can't buy additional IP, bandwidth. As for CPU, if my memory serves me right, you mostly can 100% your CPU since they always have some space.

Edit: Fixed instance is just new name for their "server" product line, since the LET special "server" I got was now categorized as fixed instance in client area.

Thanks a lot layfon.

• sinsin Member

Is their Fixed Instance stilling using OnApp? Would be nice to have newer templates and upload/mount iso...the OnApp templates are terrible.

• Hi guys!

The Fixed Instances are our new fixed-spec virtual servers, with a few updates/upgrades along the way, we now have an extensive and nicely organized selection of templates, 17 world-wide locations to choose from and automated backup/restore features, so even entry-level customers have a valuable fallback if something gets borked.

They've been re-branded to be distinct from a new line up we plan to introduce "Smart Servers", which are in effect dedicated servers managed by OnApp, meaning we get all the rapid deployment, load balancing and automated backup features whilst delivering dedicated resource with minimal overhead.

The LET discount remains in place, no codes going at the moment but we'll be running some location specific promos soon!

• @dediserve, why don't you guys add Bitcoin as a payment method?

• @williclarkam said:
    @dediserve, why don't you guys add Bitcoin as a payment method?

Crappy fluctuations, attracts spam, hard to process into FIAT cheaply, high fees

Thanked by 1williclarkam
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@doghouch said:

@williclarkam said:

Crappy fluctuations, attracts spam, hard to process into FIAT cheaply, high fees

Not one of those things is true.

Coinbase/bitpay do instant fiat and you get paid out at the current rate instantly.

Fee's are usually also very low.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@doghouch said:

@williclarkam said:

Coinbase/bitpay do instant fiat and you get paid out at the current rate instantly.

Francisco

Really? I lost quite a bit from Bitcoin dropping a bit ago ($3000 down to like $2600 in June). Dropped it and withdrew.

Thanked by 1williclarkam

@doghouch said:

@Francisco said:

@doghouch said:

@williclarkam said:

Francisco

Really? I lost quite a bit from Bitcoin dropping a bit ago ($3000 down to like $2600 in June). Dropped it and withdrew.

Well, it's sitting at 4300 right now with 4500 peaks or so the other day.

Still, you get fiat instantly on both of those services so there's no concerns.

Francisco

Thanked by 2williclarkam Aidan
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2017

@Francisco said:

@doghouch said:

@Francisco said:

@doghouch said:

@williclarkam said:

Francisco

Well, it's sitting at 4300 right now with 4500 peaks or so the other day.

Still, you get fiat instantly on both of those services so there's no concerns.

Francisco

I'm just frustrated about losing money. I guess what I should've taken from this is that keeping Bitcoin for long periods of time = risky :(

Edit: what happened to Bitcoin Cash anyway?

Thanked by 1williclarkam
    edited August 2017

doghouch said: I'm just frustrated about losing money. I guess what I should've taken from this is that keeping Bitcoin for long periods of time = risky :(

There's a lot of good financial news for BTC due over the next couple months as a few of the investment firms get involved in it, bringing a lot of money into the market. $5000/BTC isn't far off the mark with Goldman Sach calling for $7500/BTC before years end.

doghouch said: Edit: what happened to Bitcoin Cash anyway?

Trading at over $385 as of now. As it gets accepted in more places it'll become even more popular.

Francisco