Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best endpoint for (web)proxy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best endpoint for (web)proxy

I have noticed that for day to day web use, not all datacenter IPs are the same. Not only peering/speed seems to be an issue, but also certain IP ranged being blocked. Even Amazon EC2 IPs are not really awesome.

Does anyone have recommendations on providers / datacenters that give the very best "web surfing" experience?

Sorry if this sounds very fuzzy / subjective.

Comments

• kh81kh81 Member

Probably Cogent.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Yeah, from my experience e.g. OVH can be a nightmare to browse from -- way too often get captchas or outright bans. Online.net was better in that regard.

I guess for browsing it is better to get smaller and lesser-known providers, those with IPs not widely known as "datacenter" ranges, and hopefully not with a lot of scrapers and webspam bots running.

• Any offers for US west coast with good peering? Private proxy, no real requirements (KVM nice to have)

• mkshmksh Member

For what it's worth: One of the /64s Hetzner assigned to me seems to be banned from editing wikipedia. Can't remember if just the /64 was banned or if it was a larger range though.

• kh81kh81 Member

@bryce said:
    Any offers for US west coast with good peering? Private proxy, no real requirements (KVM nice to have)

As I said, Cogent. Try fdcservers.