Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi 1Gbps download. Upgrade progress?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi 1Gbps download. Upgrade progress?

When I saw that WHT thread 2014, I thought it's a coming sooooooon(TM).
But then there's a reddit thread claiming his box got upgraded, too. Anyone got your kimsufi box upgraded recently, too?

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Mine got upgraded recently (I think in June) in BHS1. Download is now up to Gbit, upload still capped to 100 Mbit.

• In BHS1 with 100mbit down/up

• imokimok Member

I miss my KS-4C U_U

• lionlion Member
    edited August 2017

Some boxes randomly get a 1Gbit connection, happend before.

• rm_ said:
    Mine got upgraded recently (I think in June) in BHS1. Download is now up to Gbit, upload still capped to 100 Mbit.

Good to hear. It's more likely that OVH is really doing it.

lion said:
    Some boxes randomly get a 1Gbit connection, happend before.

At least according to this tweet, they planned on doing it.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2017

RBX1, 100Mbit

GRA1, 100Mbit

BHS1, 100Mbit

BHS2, 100Mbit

• colbertcolbert Member
    edited August 2017

It's probably due to the network upgrade which recently started and is done one room after another

• RBX4 - Rack: 51D03: still 100Mbit

• I've got gigabit download speed / 100Mbps upload on my Kimsufi server in BHS2 (rack T02A75) - (i5-3570S, 16GB RAM, 1TB hard drive) - not sure when it was upgraded to that, but has been like that for at least a few months.

• vishvish Member

@matthewkilpatrick said:
    I've got gigabit download speed / 100Mbps upload on my Kimsufi server in BHS2 (rack T02A75) - (i5-3570S, 16GB RAM, 1TB hard drive) - not sure when it was upgraded to that, but has been like that for at least a few months.

My box is in T02A76 right next to yours, same spec. only 100mbit up/down.

• @vish said:
    My box is in T02A76 right next to yours, same spec. only 100mbit up/down.

I wonder whether it may be to do with the server model - potentially the more expensive Kimsufi servers may have the higher download speed.

• I had 1 Gbs on my KS3C. Speedy little fucker but retired it.

• How did you guys find out that your Kimsufi has 1Gbps? Did they notify you of an upgrade or you just conducted your own speed tests at intervals and noticed the speed difference?

• Used it as a seedbox and it was beating the crap out of my online.net server :). So yeah, just check your download/upload speed.

Pwner said: Did they notify you of an upgrade

LOL

or you just conducted your own speed tests at intervals and noticed the speed difference?

I have all new content from dmesg getting emailed to me, so I just got an email saying "eth0: link down"... "eth0: link up, 1000 Mb/s full duplex". That, and it also was down for 20 minutes during the upgrade.

Thanked by 2Pwner netomx
  • @rm_ said:
    I have all new content from dmesg getting emailed to me, so I just got an email saying "eth0: link down"... "eth0: link up, 1000 Mb/s full duplex". That, and it also was down for 20 minutes during the upgrade.

How do you do that?

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@advarisk said:

@rm_ said:

How do you do that?

Logwatch or some other similar tool.

• @rm_ said:

Pwner said: Did they notify you of an upgrade

LOL

or you just conducted your own speed tests at intervals and noticed the speed difference?

look likes they upgrade the switch, let see if the speed stay this way. mine still on 100 Mbps

• Mine are all 100mbps still sadly. Two in GRA1 and one in RBX5.

• dgprasetyadgprasetya Member
    edited August 2017

@advarisk said:

@rm_ said:

How do you do that?

[root@KSF:~] # ethtool eth0 | grep Speed
            Speed: 100Mb/s
    [root@KSF:~] # 

• Both my servers in BHS1 and BHS2 are still 100Mbps.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited August 2017

Got 2 of those KS-3 servers last year at BHS that came with bumped up specs - i5/16G instead of i3/8G. Both of them have GBit download speeds and offer ridiculously more VFM now.

Couldn't be happier.

• @K4Y5 said:
    Got 2 of those KS-3 servers last year at BHS that came with bumped up specs - i5/16G instead of i3/8G. Both of them have GBit download speeds and offer ridiculously more VFM now.

Couldn't be happier.

where your location my friend?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

This is one of the reasons why you should never cancel a KS-3C.....

Nekki said: you should never cancel a KS-3C.....

Well, we also never cancelled our Kidechires, and look how that went!

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited August 2017

rm_ said: Well, we also never cancelled our Kidechires, and look how that went!

We got several years of use out of them and then they were demised?

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited August 2017

@hawkjohn7 said:

@K4Y5 said:

Couldn't be happier.

where your location my friend?

BHS1 Rack: T01XXX

• WSSWSS Member

@Nekki said:

My Core2Duo tho. :(

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@WSS said:

@Nekki said:

Let it go dude, let it go...

• WSSWSS Member
    edited August 2017

@Nekki said:

@WSS said:

@Nekki said:

Let it go dude, let it go...

I did! I've still got my 3Cs.