Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud Converter
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud Converter

dnwkdnwk Member

Has anyone tried Cloud Converter? Does it really works?
https://www.cloudconverter.com

Or it is just a rSync?

Comments

• dnwkdnwk Member

Nobody using it? Vr.org tech support recommend that to me for migrating my server. Just want to check how well the system do its job

• I haven't used it or even ever heard of it. But I wouldn't trust others with all my data easily. I mean, if they migrate the server they theoretically can access (and for that matter save a copy of) all data.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited July 2013

Vr.org tech support recommend that to me for migrating my server.

It makes sense that HostVirtual would recommend it. They're the largest investor in the company and their CEO Mark is also the main developer and CEO of Cloud Converter.. :)

• dnwkdnwk Member

@DomainBop said:
    It makes sense that HostVirtual would recommend it. They're the largest investor in the company and their CEO Mark is also the main developer and CEO of Cloud Converter.. :)

I didn't know that

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

Tested migrating a OpenVZ from OVH to our infra. Seems run Ok.

Next steps..

Congratulations, we've moved your vm and confirmed it's online and available at the target. As a next step, you should:
    Check and edit any configuration files that point to old ip addresses
    Check and disable any daemons or processes running that may be specific to the previous cloud
    Update any software licenses you may have tied to your previous IP address
    If everything looks good, consider changing your DNS or other records to point to the new server.
    We're always improving our process, so if something isn't working as expected please drop us a note to let us know!