Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WTB: More than 1 year wildcard SSL certificate from singlehop
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WTB: More than 1 year wildcard SSL certificate from singlehop

I am willing to buy a more than 1 year SSL certificate from someone who has a SingleHop account. Please PM me if you have an offer. I am hoping for a low price because SingleHop ssls are free for people who have an account there.

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Erm, so you want Single Hop to sponsor you despite you're not their Customer?

Don't be so cheap. SSL costs are close to NIL at the moment. This, or get yourself a Single Hop account.

Thanked by 2MasonR Aidan
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

https://www.ssl2buy.com/alphassl-wildcard.php 38 USD a year and you don't need to scam Single Hop.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • drdrakedrdrake Member
    edited August 2017

@Clouvider said:
    Erm, so you want Single Hop to sponsor you despite you're not their Customer?

Don't be so cheap. SSL costs are close to NIL at the moment. This, or get yourself a Single Hop account.

Oh you are right. It's too much heavy work. I mean it would take too much time, man force and materials to generate a SSL. You are right. I shouldn't scam them.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Just get a 1 year from somewhere cheap. Let's Encrypt wildcards coming in January. https://letsencrypt.org/2017/07/06/wildcard-certificates-coming-jan-2018.html

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

We provide free wildcard SSL's with our vps plans in NL and Phoenix.

• @VMbox said:

How many?

• drdrakedrdrake Member
    edited August 2017

@VMbox said:

Can I order the first VPS plan, then order the 2 free SSL wildcards? How many years does one certificate has?

• BTW your certificate has expired (https://my.vmbox.co)

• huntercophuntercop Member
    edited August 2017

Runcloud lets me set up let's encrypt free on my servers and.. renews them automatically!

• @cheapwebdev said:
    Runcloud lets me set up let's encrypt free on my servers and.. renews them automatically!

I can setup letsencrypt myself. I need a wildcard ssl.

• @drdrake said:

@cheapwebdev said:

FYI - https://letsencrypt.org/2017/07/06/wildcard-certificates-coming-jan-2018.html

• @cheapwebdev said:

@drdrake said:

@cheapwebdev said:

FYI - https://letsencrypt.org/2017/07/06/wildcard-certificates-coming-jan-2018.html

Yes, I know thanks. I still need the cert.

@drdrake said:

@VMbox said:

Can I order the first VPS plan, then order the 2 free SSL wildcards? How many years does one certificate has?

Yes you can order first plan and submit a ticket for SSL's.

• @VMbox said:

@drdrake said:

@VMbox said:

Do I need to have a subscription for the vps all the time? Also Is the SSL more than 1 year?

• @drdrake said:

@VMbox said:

@drdrake said:

@VMbox said:

Do I need to have a subscription for the vps all the time? Also Is the SSL more than 1 year?

No and no.

• FoulFoul Member

I can do it for $25 :-)

• @Foul said:
    I can do it for $25 :-)

How many years?

• @sanvit said:

@VMbox said:

How many?

@vmbox how many certs are included in your VPS subscription?

• DanDan Member

@drdrake I did just get a 2 year cert from @vmbox without asking for anything beyond a year, so that might be worth it. Have been dealing with some shenanigans on this renewal for another domain's wildcard tho.

They'll do two for me w/$20 a year VPS @sanvit, might do more but I've yet to ask or have a need.

• @VMbox what is the nature of the alphassl deal? Are you on Singlehop network or what? Do you only have those with OpenVZ vps? I don't see any KVM plans with them.

• @willie said:
    @VMbox what is the nature of the alphassl deal? Are you on Singlehop network or what? Do you only have those with OpenVZ vps? I don't see any KVM plans with them.

In their website, their LA and NL servers are located on SH network, allowing usage of SH certs.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/121613/vmbox-kvm-ovz-offers-200gb-hdd-4gb-ram-2-ipv4-4tb-bw-free-wildcard-ssl-s-7-m-or-48-yr#latest

Look here for the KVM deal.

• sanvit said:

The KVM deal on that page doesn't mention including a wildcard certificate. Oh well, I can stick with single domain certs until LetsEncrypt has wildcards. Thanks though.

@willie said:

sanvit said:

The KVM deal on that page doesn't mention including a wildcard certificate. Oh well, I can stick with single domain certs until LetsEncrypt has wildcards. Thanks though.

We can provide 2 wildcard certs per vps. More if asked nicely, but generally ask people not to take the piss as we process them manually. We only issue certs to people who purchase our Phoenix or Netherlands locations as it's against SingleHop terms to use them off their network. We have OVZ in PHX, and KVM and OVZ in NL.

• @VMbox said:

@willie said:

sanvit said:

We can provide 2 wildcard certs per vps. More if asked nicely, but generally ask people not to take the piss as we process them manually. We only issue certs to people who purchase our Phoenix or Netherlands locations as it's against SingleHop terms to use them off their network. We have OVZ in PHX, and KVM and OVZ in NL.

Do you happen to do IPv6 alongside them?

@busbr said:

@VMbox said:

@willie said:

sanvit said:

Do you happen to do IPv6 alongside them?

Singlehop are useless when it comes to IPv6. We've even provided them with our own IP's to announce and they couldn't/wouldn't get it working for us.

• @VMbox said:

@willie said:

sanvit said:

Are they more than one year?

@drdrake said:

@VMbox said:

@willie said:

sanvit said:

Are they more than one year?

We can only create 1 year certs.

• VMbox said:

We can provide 2 wildcard certs per vps.

Thanks, I might take you up on that sometime, especially if you offer smaller, lower cost KVM's in LA at some point.

• i can do RapidSSL® Wildcard for $200/3yr

• 3 year gogetssl wildcard (i.e. resold Comodo wildcard) is $137 if that matters. I don't think I'd pay extra for a multi-year one, with free Letsencrypt ones supposedly coming in just a few months.