Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Encode time with Dedicated
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Encode time with Dedicated

Hello guys!

Can someoe tell me how many time you think need to finished a normal encode with HandBrake with that specs from dedi ?

Dual Xeon E5-2670 2.66GHz / 3.3GHz Turbo16 Cores / 32 threads
32 GB RAM
2x240GB SSD Preconfig

15 minutes ? Can i get that encode time ?

I see this plan from Nocix!

Thanks!

Comments

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Encoding is entirely dependent on a lot of factors that you didn't include. Such as, input resolution/output resolutions, formats being used, length of video, etc etc. There's too many variables at play here.

If you have a specific, well-defined test you'd like done, then I can perform one. I have a dual E5-2670 setup at home (although it has 64gb RAM and a HDD).

• @MasonR said:
    Encoding is entirely dependent on a lot of factors that you didn't include. Such as, input resolution/output resolutions, formats being used, length of video, etc etc. There's too many variables at play here.

If you have a specific, well-defined test you'd like done, then I can perform one. I have a dual E5-2670 setup at home (although it has 64gb RAM and a HDD).

I encode over 5 years! But use RDP! My encode settings is:

1920x1080

https://ibb.co/f4CzsF

Audio Settings:

AC3 5.1 CH 224 Bitrate

Subtitle Settings:

Always Burn subtitles

In my RDP some times get encode times 10 - 15 minutes but when other users encode too say over 30 minutes. Because i encode a lot times per day and a lot movies i cant waste time. So if i can take 10-15 minutes per movie with this DEDI then its awesome for me! How many time you need for 1 movie ?

• YuraYura Member
    edited August 2017

7 minutes

Debian, tnx

• test it,

you will get 10 minutes if processor RDP same as Dedibox.

• @Yura said:
    7 minutes

Debian, tnx

7 miutes what ?

@hawkjohn7 said:
    test it,

you will get 10 minutes if processor RDP same as Dedibox.

No. The CPU in the RDP its mutch better.

2 x Intel Xeon E5-2687W v3
    20 Cores/40 Threads

But as i sai its a shared server so i dont get all the power!

• mkshmksh Member

Not possible.

• @mksh said:
    Not possible.

Not possible what mate ? You come here say not possible and you dont explain nothing!

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Thanos92, using your settings mentioned above a 1080p, 1 hr 43 min, 1.9GB movie took 11 minutes and 30 seconds to encode.

Thanked by 1Thanos92
  • so it will 15-25 minutes