Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for some feedback on Wyvern
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for some feedback on Wyvern

KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
edited August 2017 in Providers

So the biggest complaints I've seen since day one about Wyvern is that it's pretty ugly (and I don't disagree). I finally had time to sit down and work on the interface a bit, it's not a huge change but I hope I'm moving in the right direction. Can I get some feedback on the new interface?

Here's the before:

Here's the after:

What do you think of the interface changes?
  1. I think the changes are...55 votes
    1. Better, you're heading in the right direction.
      85.45%
    2. Worse, you still suck at UI and design work.
      10.91%
    3. Worse, I actually liked the old design.
        3.64%

Comments

• Definitely looks better but I wouldn't say it's finished. Keep going and it'll look awesome :D

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Definitely heading in the right direction. It might be a good idea to work with a UX/UI designer to do a mockup then you implement it. It will give you a better sense of what you're working towards and give you a more consistent feel.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Still looks ugly mate. :p

Thanked by 1KuJoe
  • WSSWSS Member

It's more coherent, but still not usable. Where there are more options on the screen and one is modified, most people don't think "I typed here so click there". They just want like one submit button. Change your stuff to iterate through the options and intelligently choose what to do now that the framework is there.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I wish I could incorporate AJAX into the panel, that would open up my options and make things significantly better... maybe one day I'll sit down and learn JS...

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2017

@KuJoe said:
    I wish I could incorporate AJAX into the panel, that would open up my options and make things significantly better... maybe one day I'll sit down and learn JS...

you use jquery? as I can help you out with AJAX and jquery since I used that myself for my license verification portal to allow me to seemingly return the results from the backend api on my site here: https://cubedata.net/verifydomain

since that allows submitting the form but stopping the post/get request from redirecting to the backend api and instead grabbing back the response instead to display.

• WSSWSS Member

@KuJoe said:

You don't really have to start there. I mean it's as simple as just adding a checkbox or a variable to a stage, etc.. jQuery is likely the way moving forward, but it's a hell of a bite to chew off if you don't know JavaScript basics.

• HxxxHxxx Member

jQuery ezzzzzzz , try angular :)

Anyway is looking good. Keep at it.

Also keep in mind that this is just a module for WHMCS so I'm a bit restricted there, I can even use HTML anchors without breaking WHMCS. :(

• WSSWSS Member
    edited August 2017

@KuJoe said:
    Also keep in mind that this is just a module for WHMCS so I'm a bit restricted there, I can even use HTML anchors without breaking WHMCS. :(

Have you tried injecting innerhtml? Stupid quiestion.

edited August 2017

@WSS said:

@KuJoe said:

Is innerhtml a JS thing? I tried some JS solutions but none worked and adding the number sign (#) to the URL breaks WHMCS with the theme I'm using so I'm on the fence about how to proceed since it would be nice if on page load it focused on Wyvern instead of having to scroll.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2017

@KuJoe said:

@WSS said:

@KuJoe said:

Is innerhtml a JS thing? I tried some JS solutions but none worked and adding the number sign (#) to the URL breaks WHMCS with the theme I'm using so I'm on the fence about how to proceed since it would be nice if on page load it focused on Wyvern instead of having to scroll.

innerhtml is a jQuery thing as far as I know. If you're trying to inject new content into a DIV through jQuery, it's rather simple:

$(function() {
       $('#your-div').html('New HTML');
    });

If you want to pull new data through AJAX, the following should give you an idea:

$(function() {
        $.ajax({
            url: 'your_url',
            success: function(data) { 
               $('#your-div').html(data);
            }
        });
    });

Edit: I had to complete 4 captchas to get this SQL ATTACK through.

Edit #2: You don't necessarily need to use anchors. You can simply give a tab an ID/class, and use jQuery to detect the click. I'll post a jsfiddle shortly.

Thanked by 1WSS

@doghouch said:

@KuJoe said:

@WSS said:

@KuJoe said:

innerhtml is a jQuery thing as far as I know. If you're trying to inject new content into a DIV through jQuery, it's rather simple:

> $(function() {
    >    $('#your-div').html('New HTML');
    > });
    > 

If you want to pull new data through AJAX, the following should give you an idea:

> $(function() {
    >     $.ajax({
    >         url: 'your_url',
    >         success: function(data) { 
    >            $('#your-div').html(data);
    >         }
    >     });
    > });
    > 

Edit: I had to complete 4 captchas to get this SQL ATTACK through.

Edit #2: You don't necessarily need to use anchors. You can simply give a tab an ID/class, and use jQuery to detect the click. I'll post a jsfiddle shortly.

Keep in mind I can't control the JQuery version that WHMCS is using.

• @KuJoe No problem. This should work with the version WHMCS uses (as far as I know).

• WSSWSS Member

Next thing we know, KuJoe is frothing at the mouth and gibbering about divs, ids, and just where the fuck is his document.ready()?

• HxxxHxxx Member

$(function() { is equivalent to $(document).ready...

cmon @WSS stop the bad jokes.

• WSSWSS Member

@Hxxx You JUST HAD TO FUCKING RUIN THAT FOR ME, DIDN'T YOU?

• What does it do ?

• WSSWSS Member

Three chicks at the same time, man.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2017

@WSS Eeeek!

@KuJoe I wrote up a little demo so you get a better idea of what I mean. I used an old version of jQuery to match the one WHMCS uses.

Here you go: https://jsfiddle.net/0kp8p2vu/

Version with comments in the JS: https://jsfiddle.net/0kp8p2vu/1/

Thanked by 1KuJoe
  • imokimok Member
    edited August 2017

Hey! Looks better! Just keep an eye on alignment and margins/padding.

PM me if you need more help with the design.

• change the font color(currently blue) inside usage bar, it is hard to see if you have blue bar and blue font

Thanked by 2KuJoe FlamesRunner