Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month - Page 97
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month

Comments

• @spekk said:
    for some people only, I received my server after 13 days or something.
    but, if they are 'bad', 'a polish scam', 'the worse provider', 'having network problems', 'treating customers like dirt', etc, why did so many people order?

"First, it's quite inedible, distasteful food. Second, why there's so little of it?"

People, as always, wish everything for nothing. And if everything isn't delivered instantly, it's all, of course, scam and the like.

• Finally got my EG 64G, woot!

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 0 @ 3.20GHz

Number of cores : 12

CPU frequency : 1200.000 MHz

Total amount of ram : 64534 MB

Total amount of swap : 4997 MB

System uptime : 26 min,

Download speed from CacheFly: 19.2MB/s

Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 12.2MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 9.90MB/s

Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 5.01MB/s

Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 37.5MB/s

Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 64.9MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 3.79MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 7.50MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 8.02MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 14.2MB/s

I/O speed : 290 MB/s

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2013
  • How will that effect those who ordered a server early this month or even late last month and are still waiting for their servers? are OVH going to honor the price they have already paid or are they going to cancel the orders based on the fact they've not paid enough?

• How will that effect those who ordered a server early this month or even late last month and are still waiting for their servers?

If you already paid, you won't have to pay the increased price until your next invoice is due so you'll get free DDoS protection until your next invoice.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited August 2013

A month after KS 2013 was announced, I can summarize this thread into these categories of posts:

1. OMG. Just €3! Wheee!
    2. EU only? :(
    3. They're selling at a loss/profit
    4. My KS has not yet arrived. :(((
    5. Hurray, my KS has just arrived!!! Here's the specs/bench
    6. Oles said this, Oles said that.
    7. He said this, She said that
    8. Maonique's an OVH hater, Bash him.
    Thanked by 1pechspilz
  • I've been at 4th stage for 23 days and one month from the order. I feel indifferent.

• MatiMati Member
    edited August 2013

@joelgm said:
    A month after KS 2013 was announced, I can summarize this thread into these categories of posts:

1. OMG. Just €3! Wheee!
    2. EU only? :(
    3. They're selling at a loss/profit
    4. My KS has not yet arrived. :(((
    5. Hurray, my KS has just arrived!!! Here's the specs/bench
    6. Oles said this, Oles said that.
    7. He said this, She said that
    8. Maonique's an OVH hater, Bash him.

you forgot to blame Poles for all this :)

btw. which date of order/order number (more or less) are they fulfilling now?

• @Mati said:
    btw. which date of order/order number (more or less) are they fulfilling now?

http://forum.ovh.com/showthread.php?t=90274

See latest post.

• Maybe sonwebhost has bought all of the KS 2G to re-sell and that is causing the shortage?

• MatiMati Member

@pechspilz said:
    See latest post.

thanks, I hope I understood it well using google translate :P

@asterisk14 said:
    Maybe sonwebhost has bought all of the KS 2G to re-sell and that is causing the shortage?

you want to replace him in trolling? :)

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited August 2013

@Mati said:
    you want to replace him in trolling? :)

No, but I'm sure some one new will come around soon to take over. @Jarland has some talent at it, so I volunteer him for next troll.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2013

If @jarland will be the next best thing in trolling, i volunteer to feed him.

@joelgm Thanks for making me a category :P

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • MatiMati Member
    edited August 2013

@Maounique said:
    If jarland will be the next best thing in trolling, i volunteer to feed him.

joelgm Thanks for making me a category :P

Not only a category, also neo-liberal pig. How dare you doubt in OVH profits on KS2G?

In communism everythings possible! (just reffering to some commies (@Frost) stating certain things (man-hours, space, traffic, electricity) are free).

edited August 2013

mwahahahah, @frost is anything but communist.

As for me, I was neoliberal in the communist times and shortly after, now I am only liberal, meaning the state should not play in the market but manage taxes and spend wisely, creating the environment for NORMAL life for it's citizens, who can will work and earn more, who cant or doesnt want will not, keep criminals off the street and kids in schools, give healthcare to everyone to some point, etc.
    I am against subsidizing the church which in turn subsidizes the politicians to make laws pro $insertculthere and against $insertcultshere, indoctrinate kids to hate their neighbour, kill based on religion or other dogmas, use the control over media to incite to hatred in order to mask the inept and unjustified spending for wars and destruction.

My economic thinking was always to the right, but this does not mean I have to be a bigot too, the two are not a package deal, in the sense that we can use the "each for himself" doctrine to justify the lack of money for healthcare and education because they go to war and religion.

• ztecztec Member

How did this become the cest pit?

Oops :) I am always feeding the trolls, so...

• Obviously I missed that lol - so this DOESN'T apply to the KS2013 prices then?

• MatiMati Member
    edited August 2013

@Maounique said:
    mwahahahah, frost is anything but communist.

As for me, I was neoliberal in the communist times and shortly after, now I am only liberal, meaning the state should not play in the market but manage taxes and spend wisely, creating the environment for NORMAL life for it's citizens, who can will work and earn more, who cant or doesnt want will not, keep criminals off the street and kids in schools, give healthcare to everyone to some point, etc.
    I am against subsidizing the church which in turn subsidizes the politicians to make laws pro $insertculthere and against $insertcultshere, indoctrinate kids to hate their neighbour, kill based on religion or other dogmas, use the control over media to incite to hatred in order to mask the inept and unjustified spending for wars and destruction.

My economic thinking was always to the right, but this does not mean I have to be a bigot too, the two are not a package deal, in the sense that we can use the "each for himself" doctrine to justify the lack of money for healthcare and education because they go to war and religion.

it was kind of a joke. Calling certain things free is justified only in communism (in the end everything belongs to everyone or no one, yes?), and it always leads to some problems later. Anyway neo-liberalism seems like an opposite (in economics) of communism, that's why I called you that (suggesting you don't believe in free resources, but that everything has some value)

@Maounique said:
    Oops :) I am always feeding the trolls, so...

you calling me a troll? ;)

PS. we went off topic with the politics, didn't expect you to take it seriously and defend yourself

• MatiMati Member
    edited August 2013

@FFFlip said:

on OVH forum:

Oles:
    Prices will increase from September 1st 2013 for all existing servers. However, if you sign up for a whole year, then DDoS protection is included, so the service price does not change.

this could mean either:

• for yearly payments DDoS protection is a bonus

• they are not gonna increase your price for the period already paid by you. But with your next invoice (which is after 1st Sept) you are gonna have to pay for DDoS protection. So paying now for whole year you get first year of protection for free.

knowing he is french+someone had to translate this for him (I guess) I am not sure which one is correct. Personally I would guess the latter. Also the first post from here

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/12563/get-free-ddos-protection-with-your-2-99-dedicated-ovh-ks-2g-till-2015

sugests the same.

PS. full post here:
    http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6661

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited August 2013

LET needs an OVH pit.

• I am surprised there are no French people or Canadian people with good French here. They could help translate Oles's cryptic messages.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2013

Obviously I missed that lol - so this DOESN'T apply to the KS2013 prices then?

I wonder where the hell do you even get the idea for the part after the "so".
    Or perhaps which part of "This price increase for all existing and future servers" needs further translation from English to I dunno, which one is your native language?

• lumaluma Member

Can someone PM a test ip and perhaps a link to a test file located in the GRA datacenter?

Thank you much.

@rds100 said:
    I am surprised there are no French people or Canadian people with good French here. They could help translate Oles's cryptic messages.

I could translate pretty well. But at times the messages are not clear in french either, actually, it is better when i read translations, those are done by people which know the languages well. Oles seems to write comme un gosse en SMS at times. I never understood that lingo, not even in romanian.

• FFFlipFFFlip Member
    edited August 2013

@rm_ said:
    Or perhaps which part of "This price increase for all existing and future servers" needs further translation from English to I dunno, which one is your native language?

From the fact that you said 'ancient news'; in other words is this already amalgamated or is it still to be applied.

• MatiMati Member

another (not too meaningful (at least for me - waiting for KS2G)) update from Oles:

http://forum.ovh.com/showthread.php?t=90430

@Mati said:
    another (not too meaningful (at least for me - waiting for KS2G)) update from Oles:

http://forum.ovh.com/showthread.php?t=90430

If that is true, they are doing better than I thought. Good job.

• xsetxset Member

Regarding mSPs in SBG or RBX.

Latest announcement:

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7173

They will prepare YES / NO email to ask to transfer SP orders in SBG/RBX to be delivered
    from GRA.

They estimate it will take about 10 days to get the delay sorted out by this action.

If you dont want to have SP server in GRA, you will have to wait a bit longer, possibly
    a month. They get 500 mSP orders in GRA/day.

If you dont answer to the email, they will deliver the server from GRA by default.

This discussion has been closed.