Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month - Page 63
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month

Comments

• xsetxset Member

@netomx yes that is good news but not all orders have that.

• xsetxset Member

@rm_ I think for Hardware faults you can always file a ticket.

• @rm_ said:
    This is interesting, including incidents means even if your server has a HDD failure or some similar serious problem, you're still supposed to go to the forum with this, not file a ticket.

You should still be able to open an incident for hardware failure

"No support except for Hardware GTI 24h/7"

• xsetxset Member

According to OVH support ALL PAYPAL orders will be cancelled, including the ones that have been paid and that are in progress.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited August 2013

You should still be able to open an incident for hardware failure

"No support except for Hardware GTI 24h/7"

OVH's big brother monitoring system RTM will probably know about the hardware failure before you do and will automatically open an incident report before you have a chance to open one.

• xsetxset Member

If the server does not respond to PING, a ticket will be created to OVH's technical guys, even at the KS lines. I had that happen when I was doing netboot + rescue pro OS installs. But once the server comes back up the ticket is closed.

• xsetxset Member

@maounique according to OVH they do not store card details

• KupolKupol Member
    edited August 2013

Well, OVH has canceled my Paypal payment. The payment placed using my CC on the 3rd of August has been processed. But OVH support has asked me to send them a scan of my ID, CC and a utility bill.

We have received your payment corresponding to the order no. XXXXXXXX and we would like to thank you for choosing OVH services.

For your security, we need to check the information that you have provided to us and especially the information related to the billing contact.

Therefore, we would like to ask you to provide us within 24 hours the following documents to enable us to validate your order:

If this order is placed for an individual:

• a copy of your ID (passport, driving licence)
    • a copy of the credit card, obscuring all but the last four credit card numbers for your security
    • a proof of address (utility bill)

Please send us these documents within 24 hours.

• xsetxset Member

@Kupol From which country are you from?

• @xset Slovakia.

• @Kupol said:
    Well, OVH has canceled my Paypal payment. The payment placed using my CC on the 3rd of August has been processed. But OVH support has asked me to send them a scan of my ID, CC and a utility bill. ...

That's normal. AFAIK, all the new customers are verified in similar manner.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • xsetxset Member

@kupol Probably they classify Slovakia as a high risk country

• @xset said:
    kupol Probably they classify Slovakia as a high risk country

Perhaps.
    I am OVH customer since 2012, and the similar security verifications took a few minutes since the moment I posted the mentioned data.

• @xset Well, I can wait. I've sent them everything except for the utility bill which I do not have access to right now.

• Had to register just to say that this thread is epic.

• @wiking said:
    Had to register just to say that this thread is epic.

Resistance is futile. Welcome to LET

Thanked by 2netomx wiking

I think this is a really nice low-end offer from the OVH. I ordered and paid (cc) mine on the 26th and I won't commit a seppuku if it takes one or two more weeks for them to commit my server.

• VladorzVladorz Member
    edited August 2013

They just canceled my order and I got a refund. This was my first order from them (placed on the 25th and paid with paypal on the 26th).

Seeing all the complaints I expected this, but it would have been nice to be told why this happened

• @Vladorz said:
    They just canceled my order and I got a refund. This was my first order from them (placed on the 25th and paid with paypal on the 26th).

Seeing all the complaints I expected this, but it would have been nice to be told why this happened

Are you from EU?

• VladorzVladorz Member
    edited August 2013

@sundaymouse said:
    Are you from EU?

Yes, I am.

• xsetxset Member
    edited August 2013

Hello!

KS2G order page shows now: SOLD OUT

Apparently that was the end of the offer! :)

They plan to offer this again maybe next year :) Apparently they will get more in 4-5 weeks! Depending on delivery from Intel!

So if your order was not validated dont expect it to be, they have sold out all servers!

• @Vladorz said:
    Yes, I am.

From UK, paid with paypal. And still not got canceled. In today's ticket, support people said my order "is still in progress"

• xsetxset Member
    edited August 2013

Oles ‏@olesovhcom 1 h
    @GerritS1976 yes. we can deliver all SP but with 100M :( we are waiting for the switchs 1G
    The OVH # SP # RBX are in the bays. Upgrades of switches to 1G delay deliveries. We deliver all J, but still not enough.

@ oliviermis the situation can change from one day to another on SP: everything depends on the delivery 1G switch. 80% will be delivered on Friday.

• xsetxset Member
    edited August 2013

OVH # 15000 KS-2G 10J. Thank you! We deliver between tonight and 4-5 wk. For in 30K +, expected Intel announces delivery.

@ Jordan_Delorme we just spend one-10J at Sold-Out (see the website). When will the Intel info can be re-announce a deadline day.

OVH production rises in power = we will deliver on # GRA too. With delivery in parallel 4DC in 10J are no longer delay.

• xsetxset Member

The OVH # SP # SBG will be delivered from Friday and Sunday will be all caught up.

• well the server I ordered today and paid for with debit card has got further than my paypal order got in a week, it's now being processed just hours after the order was placed.

• from their official forum post:

Hello,
    We have many orders from dealers who
    try to pass through the 3 KS 2013
    per customer. A little history ------------------- OVH offers its services in 20 countries through its subsidiaries and accept some customers outside of these 20 countries. Automatically a market dealer was created to sell our servers in all other countries. We accept this way of working, provided that the dealers meet our contract: no spam no abuse, no illegal content etc.. Basically, do not resell our services to anyone. KS Since 2013, we no longer accept resellers range KS 2013 only. The KS 2012 or 2011 may be resold. The KS 2013 not. If you want resellers our servers, it is necessary to take the SP / EG / MG / HG range. No KS 2013. We are really surprised by the fact that some dealers with whom we worked for years, which are VIP, who was in close relations and exchange regularly bahh they still try to pass this simple rule. C is EXTREMELY disappointing. So we had to review our internal factory acceptance of orders on the KS 2013. It took us 10-12J, as we have seen cases of increasingly vicious. At the end, we had to refuse Paypal as there were many too many accounts created by the same dealer to try to get through our audits. Since Friday, the internal factory turns and accept or refuse orders. This morning we reported to Paypal all orders to credit back. An email will be sent to all customers whose payment was refused. We do not give reason for refusal or indication how we check the uniqueness of the client. KS 2013 is a personal server. There will therefore be more able to change the server contacts. Resellers therefore can not give control only the server to their client for KS 2013. If we find that dealers continue to do more to play the game we will look at each case individually, and the renewal of ALL servers will be denied a reseller with us, whatever the number of servers. We have already done this kind of action for two dealers in the past (too much spam.) We built the KS 2013 range to offer a personal server for people who want to have their first server on the net. We did not to get rich or to enrich resellers. The festival is a bit spoiled because of delays in deliveries due to these behaviors that we have not foreseen. Now that our internal factory running, we can start the mass deliveries. We planned to deliver KS 30000 2013 this year and about 100000 KS 2013 the following year. We have space, power, network, and we really want you to find out what a dedicated server and its benefits. To remind: support for KS is now on the forum http://forum. kimsufi.com , including incidents. We offer support base as on all other servers in 2-3 weeks 15 e / mo. well as using PRO 15 i / mo. In fact, you 2.99e/mois hardware connected to the net and the forum to understand how to use it. And that's what's exciting: learn. Regards Octave

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

At least they stopped in taking new orders while not being able to process the already accepted ones, that's good.

• xsetxset Member

@rm_ Still a bit unfair. Not all orders ordered before today got through but all orders placed today mostly got through.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

So, maybe that's why all my orders are not "checking your payment manually", they will cancel it probably

This discussion has been closed.