Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2013

Sometimes stay with the old providers, sometims OVH can be a dick. Trust me i know this, you have more options with lowendvps's as in OVH because there to lazy to plug in KVM for one Hour haha only for a month....

• "Your order has been paid to the 25/07/2013 9:09:18 p.m. - Your order is in progress."

Still waiting...

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited July 2013

Holy f--k, holy f--king f--k, a 2.99 EUR dedi, a 20 EUR dedi with 2x 2TB 1TB HDD and 16 GB RAM (throws money at OVH, hysterically laughing)...

Kicks self in the f---king head for having the bright idea of paying my OVH bill (5 servers) early this month on Tuesday :P

Bad day for the providers here :-/

My big RAM openvz frequent problems, reboots and excuses list (4 x CVPS and 1 X Waveride) will likely be consolidated onto one of my dedis at OVH instead of being renewed.

The price changes will also mean slightly lower revenues for OVH from me:

current OVH servers:
    mks2G 9.99 > to be replaced by 2.99 server
    ks R-8G (i3-3420, 8GB RAM) 29.99 > to be replaced by 19.99 i5-xxxx 16GB RAM
    Mini SP (i5-2400, 16GB RAM) 49.99 > to be replaced by 39.99 E3-1245v2 32GB RAM
    2 x EG Hybrids >no changes planned yet

Are they using ancient HDDs here or these are new ones?

The last 3 OVH servers I've ordered (all ordered prior to this week) all had brand new hard drives (as in 24 hours usage for testing prior to deployment). If you want ancient hard drives with 20K plus hours Hetzner's serverbidding is the place to go :P

• LeeLee Veteran

This offer won't be about too long, I will give a couple of weeks at most before they change it again.

• @W1V_Lee but they wont change the pricing for old customers :) This a good deal, got 2 x KS2Gs, 1xKS4G, 1xKS16G and in the end I'll save money and get more CPU + Memory + redundancy :)

• This offer won't be about too long, I will give a couple of weeks at most before they change it again.

I'm sure OVH is able to do basic cost/return calculations. Anyway the price will probably indeed go up when they activate their new anti-DDoS stuff.

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    I'm sure OVH is able to do basic cost/return calculations. Anyway the price will probably indeed go up when they activate their new anti-DDoS stuff.

If it is indeed just by an extra buck, I am pretty sure the deal is still pretty decent for most people.

• I got mine, an N2800, a couple hours ago. Here's a test file if anyone is interested. Note that with a bunch of people hitting it at once, it might not be accurate since it's only 100mbit, but my tests have shown that I can max the line from pretty much anywhere in the USA:

http://ks3323104.kimsufi.com/1000mb.bin

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2013

@finlandvps said:
    W1V_Lee but they wont change the pricing for old customers :) This a good deal, got 2 x KS2Gs, 1xKS4G, 1xKS16G and in the end I'll save money and get more CPU + Memory + redundancy :)

Indeed, I took a new KS2 to cancel my old one and picked up a KS16, I mean ffs, i5, 16GB Ram, 2x1tb for £20... I dont even mind paying the VAT :)

• lumaluma Member

I'm kinda sad about this. It means I won't be renewing my older Kimsufi server. a celeron 1.2 with 2GB of ram and 600 days of uptime. Load average always above 1. I torture the poor thing yet it still keeps on kicking but with this new deal it won't be worth renewing. We should celebrate the retirement of this poor little server. It served me so well.

Thanked by 2DomainBop Maounique
  • @manacit pretty good bandwidth. I get 11.2 MB/s.

• @luma how did you punish it? What do you do with it?

• DavidxDavidx Member
    edited July 2013

Can you virtualize with the KS 2G? even if it says VT Virtualisation - ?

• You have to pay quarterly don't you?

@W1V_Lee said:

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2013

@Gerrard8 said:
    You have to pay quarterly don't you?

Yes, 3 months on all 3 of them is the minimum.

• Not on the 4G :)

@W1V_Lee said:
    Yes, 3 months on all 3 of them is the minimum.

• @David_P said:
    Can you virtualize with the KS 2G? even if it says VT Virtualisation - ?

You can probably run 32 bit os as guest. I have tried running proxmox and xen over a atom netbook with success.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2013

@Gerrard8 said:
    Not on the 4G :)

Yes, your right, I got a 2 and a 16, never checked the 4 just assumed it was the same.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

I think I ordered too many servers and now they delay my orders -.-

• I ordered about 4 hours ago and still ain't received my details.

@tr1cky said:
    I think I ordered too many servers and now they delay my orders -.-

I just think.... that we ordered to much servers? OVH is overloaded :D

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I'm still waiting for my account approval.. damn you OVH! I want to play with my puppy :3

• @tr1cky how many did you order?

• @infinity580 they said 24 hours processing time, plenty of time to setup :)

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

I think I ordered too many servers and now they delay my orders -.-> @finlandvps said:

tr1cky how many did you order?

I ordered an i5 and 3 4€ atoms around 4 hours ago, none of them arrived yet.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2013

I am an existing customer, already got both of mine, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@W1V_Lee said:
    I am an existing customer, already got both of mine, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

It does.

• @w1v_lee I'm an existing customer as well. Never had such a long setup time from OVH before. I've waited 3.5 hours.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Is it permanent pricing? Will the price raise for new sign ups later this month?

This discussion has been closed.