Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month - Page 104
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month

19899100101102104»

Comments

• linuxglobelinuxglobe Member
    edited October 2013

When will avalable the KS 2GB offer again? Any estimating date?

• @xyl0n said:
    haha, i am not happy monk!

waaat, you got a KS2G with an 1TB HDD?

• not really, first time the bench brings wrong data.

fdisk -l

Disk /dev/sda: 500.1 GB, 500107862016 bytes
    255 Köpfe, 63 Sektoren/Spur, 60801 Zylinder, zusammen 976773168 Sektoren

• I wonder when will it be available again.. or do they have any other locations other than france?

• skaska Member
    edited October 2013

@LivingSouL said:
    I wonder when will it be available again.. or do they have any other locations other than france?

They are about to open a new datancentre in Saarland, Germany.

Octave Klaba has mentioned on Twitter his intention of building a datacenter in Germany. Comments ? Indeed, we are projecting the construction of a data center on the German side of the Rhine. It would be positioned in Kehl, a dozen miles from our Strasbourg location. This small data center (10000 servers capacity estimation) will grant OVH.com quite the asset to appeal to German customers: servers on their own territory. Thanks to its German subsidiary in Sarrebruck, OVH.com has been making a name for itself in Germany since 2006. This will be the occasion of taking things to the next level. For information, on Twitter, Oles said: “We're going to test out the theory that says that Germans only buy German.”
  • @ska said:
    For information, on Twitter, Oles said: “We're going to test out the theory that says that Germans only buy German.”

- http://www.ovh.com/us/a917.ovh_expands_its_eastern_france_facilities

oh cool.. thanks.. I hope it would be available for other countries

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2013

@ska said:
    For information, on Twitter, Oles said: “We're going to test out the theory that says that Germans only buy German.”

And what will be the difference ? Only the fact it is across the rhine ? If I understand correctly the "dozen miles" part, they will probably have same connections as there, possibly even through there. It will not be more german too, perhaps the workers there and even that is not certain.
    I really dont like nationalism, especially today when a problem in a country will most certainly affect others.

• Since when have the Germans been considered nationalistic?

The Polish-french seem to consider them :) Probably looked in the mirror and mistaken the image for a german.

• Lol, now they are expanding.......?

How about they get their business plan straightened out first!

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2013

And what will be the difference ? Only the fact it is across the rhine ?

Maybe this will satisfy those who are required by law or by their internal company policies to host their data only on German soil/jurisdiction. Because I see no other reason to open a new DC a dozen miles from an existing one, and call that "expanding your geography" :)

• They probably do it just to piss of Hetzner. Or that place in Germany is near an important point where many fiber routes pass, who knows.

@rds100 said:
    They probably do it just to piss of Hetzner. Or that place in Germany is near an important point where many fiber routes pass, who knows.

I think hetzner has their nickels and dimes together, OVH is not on a good track with all these stunts and chaotic offers/expansions. We will see how this will play out.

• Anyone have any samples of the deals we lost out on?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@sureiam said:
    Anyone have any samples of the deals we lost out on?

Well, the 2.99 was an N2800, brand new 500GB Toshiba drive, 100Mbit, still got mine, its now about 5 years old.

Its time to drop it anyway, price increase, it costs now about 5EUR per month paid by year.

• @Neoon said:

@sureiam said:
    Anyone have any samples of the deals we lost out on?

Well, the 2.99 was an N2800, brand new 500GB Toshiba drive, 100Mbit, still got mine, its now about 5 years old.

Its time to drop it anyway, price increase, it costs now about 5EUR per month paid by year.

But ya know their offering n2800 with single cheap hard drive rigs. Why would someone be committed to that long term. They want better retension?offer real servers with redundancy. What they are offering is a beefed up VPS.

• imokimok Member

I went crazy for a moment until I saw the date of the thread.

Necro of the year.

This discussion has been closed.