Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month - Page 102
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month

Comments

• lol i got shafted:

Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 220 @ 1.20GHz

single core celeron

• @pkr5770 does it at least have hyperthreading?

• pkr5770pkr5770 Member
    edited October 2013

@rds100 Nah mate its 1 core 1 thread :P

• @pkr5770 then open a ticket and complain. The specs on the web page clearly say 2 threads and 1.6+ GHz - http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/
    You are being screwed.

• @rds100 Yeah ill probably just get a refund at this point, will just replace it with a VPS on my host node since its not really worth it for what I was going to use it for

• @rds100 I'm pretty sure they changed the specs for a while to Celeron when they were getting flooded with orders?

• @rds100 said:
    pkr5770 then open a ticket and complain. The specs on the web page clearly say 2 threads and 1.6+ GHz - http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/
    You are being screwed.

What was ordered was not provided, but "being screwed" is a little strong. pkr5770 is getting a dedicated server for €2.99/month after all :-)

• @Bogdacutuu well, look at the web page right now.

• Haha - I think I jinxed myself. I have mail from OVH. Scared to check what I got now XD

• @rds100 Right, but if he ordered while the specs showed Celeron then he got what he paid for.

• ChanChan Member
    edited October 2013

9 Power_On_Hours 0x0012 096 096 000 Old_age Always - 34616

34616/24/365 = 3.95 FUCKING YEARS

• haha, that's seriously bad - i have some 2 year old 2TB drives that i replace, simply because of the old age... 4 years is overly dead already.

• Nah, if it lived that long it will probably live longer. Most HDD failures are in the first 0-3 months.
    Just run the long smart self-test and make sure there are no errors. If there are errors, request a replacement.

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited October 2013

@luma said:
    Calm down, Do you think the few people in this thread at the only people getting servers? They have thousands of orders. Of course they are going to recycle old servers but they are still deploying new servers as well. Just go look at the ovh forums/twitter.

I think they are a little desperate right now.

My "Power_On_Hours" = 36182 hours in an ancient processor.

"model name : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 220 @ 1.20GHz"

Thats crap, especially because when I ordered it said 2 cores on the website.

But hey, let's have a contest. Who has the highest power on hours value? :D

• w00t

Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N2800 @ 1.86GHz

HDD does have 2.5 years on the clock, though.

• Post on the KS support forum. Others have posted and they are being told it was a mistake and that they will get the advertised server. How long that will take is anyone's guess though

The celeron 220 is a bit slow but it is rock solid but yeah a 4 year old drive is pushing it.

@chrisp said:
    But hey, let's have a contest. Who has the highest power on hours value? :D

• Mine was 100 days old, not to bad compared to some here.

• I've just sent a ticket regarding of the CPU, I'll post back once I get a response

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

I've just sent a ticket regarding of the CPU, I'll post back once I get a response

I predict they are going to send you to the forum.

• Don't bother sending tickets about Kimisufi to support they will tell you to post on the forums.

• @William said:
    haha, that's seriously bad - i have some 2 year old 2TB drives that i replace, simply because of the old age... 4 years is overly dead already.

Hah, you don't know what old is...this is old: 46,438 power on hours

=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
    Model Family:     Western Digital Caviar
    Device Model:     WDC WD400BB-23DEA0
    Serial Number:    WD-WMAD1J909877
    Firmware Version: 05.03E05
    User Capacity:    40,020,664,320 bytes [40.0 GB] 
    9 Power_On_Hours          0x0032   037   037   000    Old_age   Always       -       46438

8-year-old P4 3.0 GHz HT IBM Thinkcentre workstation running FreeBSD...spent the first 2 years of its life colo'ed at Calpop in LA as a combination DNS server/monitoring server...had it shipped back to NY 6 years ago so I could abuse it in person. :P

I had a Seagate Cheetah SCSI drive that lasted 90,000+ hours before being killed when thepower supply on the equally old Dual P3 450Mhz it was used on shorted out and fried the drive and motherboard.

Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 220 @ 1.20GHz

single core celeron

Probably the same one I returned to them 2 years ago. :P

• @prometeus said:
    why? because you tell him?

I'm on the same page, Maonique's constant OVH hate-fest got old roughly 50-55 pages ago.

We get it, he hates OVH, that's great. Tons of us have no problem with OVH at all though

• @texteditor said:

maybe he does not hate, but he does not need to repeat that 100 times, it does not make it more believable.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@texteditor said:
    We get it, he hates OVH, that's great.

I hate OVH. he like to warn people. That said I think everybody has the right to talk, there are lot of useless comments, just skip those you don't like.

• The problem is he is replying to almost every comment. So good questions, comments get buried in his trash talk. We don't post on all of your threads or his threads. If he had constructive things to say it would be fine.

To me it seems you both are just trying to promote your stupid company. This is not WHT where companies reply to every comment just to signature spam.

Don't like ovh? fine, bugger off.

@prometeus said:
    I hate OVH. he like to warn people. That said I think everybody has the right to talk, there are lot of useless comments, just skip those you don't like.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@luma said:
    To me it seems you both are just trying to promote your stupid company.

Please don't starting insulting as nobody insulted you!!!!!!!!!!

Thanked by 2wrox NanoG6
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2013

NVM duplicate because of this thread's problems :(

@William said:
    haha, that's seriously bad - i have some 2 year old 2TB drives that i replace, simply because of the old age... 4 years is overly dead already.

May I have the old drives you are replacing ? :P I pay the transport :)

P.S. I see some posts disappearing, database is having issues again ?

@luma said:
    Calm down, Do you think the few people in this thread at the only people getting servers? They have thousands of orders. Of course they are going to recycle old servers but they are still deploying new servers as well. Just go look at the ovh forums/twitter.

Why do you still feel the need to reply to EVERY comment on this thread? OVH is not perfect but the people who did get a box are happy.

If you don't like them, that is fine. Stay out of the thread and actually go and do some work instead of spending every minute on this forum.

I would have done exactly that if people would have not started calling me names and attacking prometeus even saying we will go out of business because of OVH when is common knowledge prometeus income is from elsewhere and LEB market is mostly a source of trouble and abuse.

I tried to honestly warn them, i tried to explain this is not possible, i recounted some personal experience and how biased they are, not only against romanians which is somewhat understandable giving the press campaigns lately if they were really french and those campaigns were not only against romanians, but they also called uncle a thief indirectly because he is italian after they took his money and suspended the service without giving any other reason than "we do not serve italians and thieves".

Yet, everyone wanted to believe so much that they were making up ridiculous 50-80% discounts on hardware, dcs running without cooling, people working without pay and other things to try to prove this can work.

I only come back to remind you that my predictions were conservative and this was in fact a larger disaster for them than I said it will be, no matter how you try to twist the truth, I was right and you were wrong and continuing the attacks now show only you are a sore loser, not that you are making a contribution, at least rm_ did a lot more contributions to LET than you and he does not continue the attacks, in fact stopped long ago.

edited October 2013

Thread acting up again....

This discussion has been closed.