Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CyberPanel - Control Panel Based on OpenLiteSpeed [Updated!] - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CyberPanel - Control Panel Based on OpenLiteSpeed [Updated!]

Comments

• @caracal said:

@cyberpersons said:

@caracal said:
    Responded. Thanks for quick reply!

Looks like firewall was blocking port 8199.

firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=8199/tcp --permanent

Ah, thanks for looking at that. Had assumed that a fresh install wouldn't have any rules, rookie-mistake.

Happens with all of us. :)

• then add these rule to script or at least show which port should opened

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • Great work! I will translate to hungarian.

• @sibaper said:
    then add these rule to script or at least show which port should opened

I was planning to do that in a separate Firewall module, few people requested for Email support. I will be working on that this week.

@linuxglobe said:
    Great work! I will translate to hungarian.

Thank you.

Thanked by 1sibaper
  • @cyberpersons, is the installer available for debian?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@bashlyk said:
    @cyberpersons, is the installer available for debian?

At this moment as stated: Centos 7.x at URL: http://docs.cyberpanel.net/doku.php?id=installation

• How to enable rewrite and add rules to vhosts' config file?

• cyberpersonscyberpersons Member
    edited August 2017

@mohsengham said:
    How to enable rewrite and add rules to vhosts' config file?

You can add them in the individual virtual host configuration file.

/usr/local/lsws/conf/vhosts/example.com/vhost.conf

Apend following at the end

rewrite {

enable 1

rules <<<END_rules

Here goes the rewrite rules

END_rules

}

Thanked by 1mohsengham
  • @cyberpersons: Do you know where I can find the install log? The install failed and gave a message to check the install log.

The last error message on screen is
    ImportError: version conflict: '/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/psutil/_psutil_linux.so' C extension module was built for another version of psutil (different than 2.2.1)

I tried the install on a fresh CentOS 7 64-bit VPS. Python version is 2.7.5

• @ramesh_vish said:
    @cyberpersons: Do you know where I can find the install log? The install failed and gave a message to check the install log.

ImportError: version conflict: '/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/psutil/_psutil_linux.so' C extension module was built for another version of psutil (different than 2.2.1)

Can you send me logins.

• @ramesh_vish said:
    @cyberpersons: Do you know where I can find the install log? The install failed and gave a message to check the install log.

Temporary workaround for this issue:

pip install psutil==2.2.1

It happens with some Centos 7 images, will be fixed when next installer is released.

• This site can’t be reached

35.188.153.67 took too long to respond.

Let me know if you need my IP address. :)

• @24x7servermanagement said:
    This site can’t be reached

35.188.153.67 took too long to respond.

Let me know if you need my IP address. :)

I've sent you the details for demo.

• cyberpersons said: Temporary workaround for this issue:

pip install psutil==2.2.1

It happens with some Centos 7 images, will be fixed when next installer is released.

Thank you.

• how do you migrate for example you want to change server?

• @Ritche said:
    how do you migrate for example you want to change server?

You can take backup of sites, databases (through PHPMyAdmin) and upload.

In future, I am going to add a backup feature for automatic transfer.

• Is it possible to have multiple versions of PHP?

As for example centos web panel

• MrPsychoMrPsycho Member
    edited August 2017

So...

• Open source
    • Lightweight
    • OpenLiteSpeed
    • ... and Awesome UI

How the f*ck I missed this thread? I need it. Now!
    Count me in for Polish translation :D

Edit: For IP checking have a look at https://ipinfo.io/ip and https://ifconfig.co/ as failover. Both support curl (the second one will just respond with IP).

• EdmondEdmond Member
    edited August 2017

By any chance does CyberPanel work on a Ubuntu machine? Would like to install it for my own use.

Edit: tried installing onto a new CentOS VPS (since I got nothing better to do with that vmhaus beta VPS) for testing and Nginix failed to start with this:

[root@reacted install]# systemctl status nginx.service -l
    ● nginx.service - The nginx HTTP and reverse proxy server
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
       Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2017-08-17 01:30:02 UTC; 1min 35s ago
      Process: 10281 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/nginx -t (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
      Process: 10280 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/rm -f /run/nginx.pid (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted systemd[1]: Starting The nginx HTTP and reverse proxy server...
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted nginx[10281]: nginx: the configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted nginx[10281]: nginx: [emerg] bind() to 0.0.0.0:8199 failed (13: Permission denied)
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted nginx[10281]: nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted systemd[1]: nginx.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted systemd[1]: Failed to start The nginx HTTP and reverse proxy server.
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted systemd[1]: Unit nginx.service entered failed state.
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted systemd[1]: nginx.service failed.

The http web server is up, however, but sadly not the control panel...

• @Edmond said:
    By any chance does CyberPanel work on a Ubuntu machine? Would like to install it for my own use.

Edit: tried installing onto a new CentOS VPS (since I got nothing better to do with that vmhaus beta VPS) for testing and Nginix failed to start with this:

[root@reacted install]# systemctl status nginx.service -l
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
       Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2017-08-17 01:30:02 UTC; 1min 35s ago
      Process: 10281 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/nginx -t (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
      Process: 10280 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/rm -f /run/nginx.pid (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted systemd[1]: Starting The nginx HTTP and reverse proxy server...
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted nginx[10281]: nginx: the configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted nginx[10281]: nginx: [emerg] bind() to 0.0.0.0:8199 failed (13: Permission denied)
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted nginx[10281]: nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted systemd[1]: nginx.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted systemd[1]: Failed to start The nginx HTTP and reverse proxy server.
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted systemd[1]: Unit nginx.service entered failed state.
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted systemd[1]: nginx.service failed.

The http web server is up, however, but sadly not the control panel...

Could be due to NGINX being already started by 'service', try

sudo service nginx stop

sudo systemctl nginx start

Then check the status again to see if it's running.

• Looks like an issue here

From a google search, it appears that the permission issue is with SELinux. You may need to disable it and try again. Vultr Guide -> https://www.vultr.com/docs/disabling-selinux-on-centos-7

• Sorry, everyone, I was not able to check the thread for few days. I've been adding email support and PHPMYAdmin.

I've updated the installer, some features:

1. Email support added (Rainloop).
    2. PHPMyAdmin.
    3. The panel is now purely Openlitespeed.

Also changed the default port so that it won't create issues with SELinux. You guys can try the new installer and let me know if there are any issues.

And thanks, everyone, for taking their time and testing, you should see some performance improvements in the panel itself and the installer since the panel itself now runs on LiteSpeed.

Please note that this is not an official stable release, still a work in progress.

Thanked by 2WebProject MrPsycho
  • sinsin Member
    edited August 2017

ramesh_vish said: You may need to disable it and try again. Vultr Guide -> https://www.vultr.com/docs/disabling-selinux-on-centos-7

Instead of disabling selinux he could just use semanage port to allow that port to bind...you shouldn't disable selinux unless you really need to.

• @sin said:

ramesh_vish said: You may need to disable it and try again. Vultr Guide -> https://www.vultr.com/docs/disabling-selinux-on-centos-7

Instead of disabling selinux he could just use semanage port to allow that port to bind...you shouldn't disable selinux unless you really need to.

I've resolved the issue in new installer.

Thanked by 1sin
  • cyberpersons said: Email support added (Rainloop)

Rainloop license is confusing! Last time I checked it neither let me use it but neither deny

• @jetchirag said:

cyberpersons said: Email support added (Rainloop)

Rainloop license is confusing! Last time I checked it neither let me use it but neither deny

Free version covers the most features.

• comebackcomeback Member
    edited August 2017

error

• comebackcomeback Member
    edited August 2017

@cyberpersons said:
    Sorry, everyone, I was not able to check the thread for few days. I've been adding email support and PHPMYAdmin.

I've updated the installer, some features:

1. Email support added (Rainloop).
    2. PHPMyAdmin.
    3. The panel is now purely Openlitespeed.

Also changed the default port so that it won't create issues with SELinux. You guys can try the new installer and let me know if there are any issues.

And thanks, everyone, for taking their time and testing, you should see some performance improvements in the panel itself and the installer since the panel itself now runs on LiteSpeed.

Please note that this is not an official stable release, still a work in progress.

Hello,

I have seen that you have php 5.3 to 7.0

I have two questions:

1) Is it possible to do as "Centos Web Panel", choose the version of php, for each directory?

http://wiki.centos-webpanel.com/php-selector

Because with your program, it's by website.

2) Why did not you put php 7.1?

Congratulations, and thank you for your work

• EdmondEdmond Member
    edited August 2017

@cyberpersons have you considered adding other support for this panel like Ubuntu or stuff like that?

Edit: hmm... I got a 502 bad gateway when I tried to pull up the control panel, did just disable SELinux.

[root@reacted ~]# systemctl status nginx -l
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service; enabled; vendor preset                                                                                                                                                             : disabled)
       Active: active (running) since Sat 2017-08-19 00:58:57 UTC; 2min 9s ago
      Process: 891 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/nginx (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
      Process: 815 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/nginx -t (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
      Process: 804 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/rm -f /run/nginx.pid (code=exited, status=0                                                                                                                                                             /SUCCESS)
     Main PID: 962 (nginx)
       CGroup: /system.slice/nginx.service
               ├─962 nginx: master process /usr/sbin/ngin
               └─968 nginx: worker proces

Aug 19 00:58:57 reacted.hostname systemd[1]: Starting The nginx HTTP and reverse proxy server...
    Aug 19 00:58:57 reacted.hostname nginx[815]: nginx: the configuration file/etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
    Aug 19 00:58:57 reacted.hostname nginx[815]: nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test is successful
    Aug 19 00:58:57 reacted.hostname systemd[1]: Failed to read PID from file /run/nginx.pid: Invalid argument
    Aug 19 00:58:57 reacted.hostname systemd[1]: Started The nginx HTTP and reverse proxy server.

• LinkhostLinkhost Member
    edited August 2017

Some suggestions based on testing

Assign Dedicated IP for vHost
     Ability to Enable/Disable PHP / Email / DNS 

Split Package names based on username_ to avoid the following

Can not create package, Error message: (1062, "Duplicate entry 'Unlimited' for key 'packageName'")

Upon downloading and installing the installer script is leaving behind .zip files in the main cyberpanel root

Getting error when adding a domain

Can not create website, Error message: This domain already exists in Litespeed Configurations, first delete the domain to perform sweap.

Will Provide more upon further testing