Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

CyberPanel - Control Panel Based on OpenLiteSpeed [Updated!] - Page 11
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

CyberPanel - Control Panel Based on OpenLiteSpeed [Updated!]

Comments

• @postcd said:
      @cyberpersons

Hello, if this is not on Your todo list, consider integrating some webmail and mail queue manager, mail account manager, mail filtering, i do not see it mentioned among features.

You don't like Rainloop?

• lurchlurch Member
      edited March 2018

Neeeeeeeed debian

Thanked by 1kkrajk
    • @lurch said:
      Neeeeeeeed debian

Or ubuntu 16.04

Thanked by 1lurch
    • jaejae Member

cyberpersons said: You don't like Rainloop?

I do, but roundcube prettier

• @jae said:

cyberpersons said: You don't like Rainloop?

I do, but roundcube prettier

Roundcude use database, however, Rainloop does not which makes it lighter on server resources.

Thanked by 1Wolveix
    • Is one click site transfer from cPanel available? If not, any ETA for that feature?

• I am unable to create new users as the "Create User" button is greyed out despite using special characters and numbers in the password.

• @Luke007 said:
      Is one click site transfer from cPanel available? If not, any ETA for that feature?

Not planned yet.

@Luke007 said:
      I am unable to create new users as the "Create User" button is greyed out despite using special characters and numbers in the password.

You need uppercase too, something like this would work: LowEnd12

• I've been following the project since December, but have only just had the chance to play around with it. Seriously good stuff! I see that you've integrated WHMCS, any chance on integrating BoxBilling?

Arcruy - Let Us Fill in The Blanks

• @Wolveix said:
      I've been following the project since December, but have only just had the chance to play around with it. Seriously good stuff! I see that you've integrated WHMCS, any chance on integrating BoxBilling?

http://docs.boxbilling.com/en/latest/reference/extension.html

Extension for it seems neat but never used boxbilling before (doubt how many people would actually use it)

Thanked by 1Wolveix

^-^!

• donlidonli Member

Does OpenLiteSpeed support server side includes yet?

• jetchirag said: Extension for it seems neat but never used boxbilling before (doubt how many people would actually use it)

If free(mium) would motivate a good number to try

Thanked by 1Wolveix
    • @jetchirag said:

@Wolveix said:
      I've been following the project since December, but have only just had the chance to play around with it. Seriously good stuff! I see that you've integrated WHMCS, any chance on integrating BoxBilling?

http://docs.boxbilling.com/en/latest/reference/extension.html

Extension for it seems neat but never used boxbilling before (doubt how many people would actually use it)

Summer host.

Thanked by 2jetchirag Wolveix

Coffee, please.

• @donli said:
      Does OpenLiteSpeed support server side includes yet?

Yes, but OpenLiteSpeed does not include ESI if that is what you are interested in.

Posted a details guide regarding version 1.6.1: https://blog.cyberpanel.net/2018/03/27/cyberpanel-1-6-1-stable-is-released-with-modsecurity-integration/

• EdmondEdmond Member without signature

Is it possible to alter the port the control panel runs on by any chance?

• @Edmond said:
      Is it possible to alter the port the control panel runs on by any chance?

It is hardcoded!

^-^!

• Will have this option configurable during installation.

@cyberpersons said:
      Will have this option configurable during installation.

Is this to be implemented? I intent to run it on a NAT IPv4 with dedicated IPv6 VPS and have the IPv6 proxied by Cloudflare. I need to be able to change the port to something accessible via IPv4 from the internet.

• @Edmond said:

@cyberpersons said:

Is this to be implemented? I intent to run it on a NAT IPv4 with dedicated IPv6 VPS and have the IPv6 proxied by Cloudflare. I need to be able to change the port to something accessible via IPv4 from the internet.

Yes, this can only be configured at install time, since it's hardcoded into LSCPD.

@cyberpersons said:

@Edmond said:

@cyberpersons said:

Yes, this can only be configured at install time, since it's hardcoded into LSCPD.

How can this be done?

• qtwrkqtwrk Member

@Edmond said:

@cyberpersons said:

@Edmond said:

@cyberpersons said:

How can this be done?

I'm thinking 2 ways.

1. Modify the source code during compilation in installation.

2. Reverse proxy it to different port

netcup 5 euro coupon: 36nc15324722143 36nc15324722144

• Great! Thanks a lot for good work. I hope, CyberPlanel provides as like Kloxo features.

• AmitXAmitX Member

I still cannot enable ssl for the hostname ?
      It issue ssl for the website itself but not for the hostname?

Cannot issue SSL. Error message: 0,[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/etc/letsencrypt/live/panel.domain.xyz/privkey.pem'

• AmitXAmitX Member

Ok submitted Ticket ID: L9G-PGG-2WYX

• such wow, how can I try it?

AutoVM runs nulled WHMCS and should be avoided

@cyberpersons said:
      @Edmond @qtwrk

The first one.

Any specific line of code where the port thing is located? Thanks!

• ahmiqahmiq Member

Great job mate!! , gonna give it a try

• Just tried! Congratulations! It's amazing. Thanks a lot.

• XpressXpress Member
      edited May 2018

-- Need a minimal install on my VPS. I need to install only OLS / LSphp / MariaDB - I don't want anything else on this server.

How do I stop installing of the email, DNS, phpmyadmin, ftp and all the other features packaged in Cyberpanel install? If not available feature, is it an easy tweak on the install script?

-- How much extra RAM / resources would a Cyberpanel install use over a manual SSH install of OLS / LSphp / MariaDB?

Awesome project. Keep up the good work guys.

• vovlervovler Member

@Xpress said:
      -- Need a minimal install on my VPS. I need to install only OLS / LSphp / MariaDB - I don't want anything else on this server.

How do I stop installing of the email, DNS, phpmyadmin, ftp and all the other features packaged in Cyberpanel install? If not available feature, is it an easy tweak on the install script?

-- How much extra RAM / resources would a Cyberpanel install use over a manual SSH install of OLS / LSphp / MariaDB?

Reading a bit into the installer source code, it doesn't seem to have any feature of 'minimal' installation.

But you can jump into the source, and comment out a few lines, and test to see if it works :)

"They said it's RAID 5" - geekypixal

• @Xpress said:

There isn't any option to select stuff you install but you might actually break panel by customising few things like DNS.

Have a quick look over https://github.com/usmannasir/cyberpanel/blob/master/websiteFunctions/views.py Line #589 which calls https://github.com/usmannasir/cyberpanel/blob/master/plogical/virtualHostUtilities.py and on line #917.

^-^!

• Installed it today, tested with some domains and it works great. I didn't test the backup system yet, it's very important, will test it later. However, I would love to see option RoundCube and/or Rainloop and of course support for Debian based systems. Thanks a lot for great software, much nice than cPanel for me.

RC5 cracker since 1998!

• does it work on raspberry pi 3

• @Anna_Parker said:
      Installed it today, tested with some domains and it works great. I didn't test the backup system yet, it's very important, will test it later. However, I would love to see option RoundCube and/or Rainloop and of course support for Debian based systems. Thanks a lot for great software, much nice than cPanel for me.

Rainloop and email support are there (:8090/rainloop).

Recently integrated OpenDKIM as well, more details at:

https://blog.cyberpanel.net/2018/05/14/cyberpanel-1-6-4-released-with-dkim-manager-improved-dns-module-and-bug-fixes/

https://blog.cyberpanel.net/2018/05/15/achieve-10-10-email-score-with-cyberpanel/

• qtwrkqtwrk Member

@robinjoo1 said:
      does it work on raspberry pi 3

It's ARM processor , so unfortunately it doesn't...

netcup 5 euro coupon: 36nc15324722143 36nc15324722144

• utamautama Member

@Xpress said:

+1 to this. I want to use it on a NAT VPS, every bit help.

• edited June 2018

There's a nice ui, which is an advantage compared to the previous ones, especially now that consumers like good-looking panels.

SuperValueHost - Simple, Lightweight and Affordable Virtual Servers - Starting at $3.99; Web Hosting is Free

• hqrajahqraja Member
      edited July 2018

Hello @cyberpersons,

I just took CyberPanel for a spin and I must say this is amazing. Great job!

I have a few questions, and some requests.

Questions:

1. When I create a user in CyberPanel, does it create a corresponding system user?

2. How do I access PHP at commandline? I tried using 'php', 'lsphp', 'php71', 'lsphp71' etc. to no avail. I need it for WP-CLI.

Requests:

1. The option to select components to install. Many of us don't need email, DNS management, or PHP 5.x. Please allow us to skip the installation of these, or provide a way to remove them easily after installation.

2. WP-CLI preinstalled, or at least an option to select it during install.

3. Amazon S3 and BackBlaze B2 integration for off-site backups, rather than having to use a separate VPS for them. Reason: Object storage from such providers is far cheaper than VPS storage or block storage offered by VPS providers. Since backups don't need to be accessed frequently, it'll be a waste to utilize the expensive form of storage for them, when cheaper alternatives are available.

4. White label option (for which I will happy pay!)

Many thanks for creating CyberPanel. Hoping to see it evolve into the ultimate platform for hosting with OpenLiteSpeed.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
    • NanoG6NanoG6 Member
      edited July 2018

@hqraja said:
      Hello @cyberpersons,

Requests:
      1. The option to select components to install. Many of us don't need email, DNS management, or PHP 5.x. Please allow us to skip the installation of these, or provide a way to remove them easily after installation.

>

+1
      This has been requested many times..

Thanked by 1hqraja
      FREE $$$ DigitalOcean credit (affiliate link) || My VPS is being provided for free by Evolution Host
    • @hqraja said:
      Hello @cyberpersons,

Questions:

1. When I create a user in CyberPanel, does it create a corresponding system user?

2. How do I access PHP at commandline? I tried using 'php', 'lsphp', 'php71', 'lsphp71' etc. to no avail. I need it for WP-CLI.

Requests:

3. Amazon S3 and BackBlaze B2 integration for off-site backups, rather than having to use a separate VPS for them. Reason: Object storage from such providers is far cheaper than VPS storage or block storage offered by VPS providers. Since backups don't need to be accessed frequently, it'll be a waste to utilize the expensive form of storage for them, when cheaper alternatives are available.

Many thanks for creating CyberPanel. Hoping to see it evolve into the ultimate platform for hosting with OpenLiteSpeed.

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.

1. No, because CyberPanel users do not map to Linux users.

2. You can access PHP CLI for different versions from:

/usr/local/lsws/lsphpXX/bin/php

Or make a certain PHP CLI globally available

cp /usr/local/lsws/lsphp71/bin/php /usr/bin/

For the requests, I will consider them if many people request it though. Recently we had a major release (1.7 RC)

That brings a lot of significant changes, most importantly.

1. Apache rewrite rules are now supported out of the box, no modification needed.
      2. Email Limits.
      3. Command Line Interface.

More information at https://forums.cyberpanel.net/discussion/459/cyberpanel-1-7-rc-email-limits-spamassassin-cli-rewrite-context-email-forwarding

• Very good panel, there is a live version available?

• hqrajahqraja Member

@cyberpersons said:

@hqraja said:
      Hello @cyberpersons,

Questions:

Requests:

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.

For the requests, I will consider them if many people request it though. Recently we had a major release (1.7 RC)

1. Apache rewrite rules are now supported out of the box, no modification needed.
      2. Email Limits.

More information at https://forums.cyberpanel.net/discussion/459/cyberpanel-1-7-rc-email-limits-spamassassin-cli-rewrite-context-email-forwarding

Thank you for your quick response. The reason I was asking about system users was because I'd like each site to run under its own user, and that user to have SSH/SFTP access. I use another server control panel called RunCloud, and it lets you do just that - create system users from its interface, and then deploy websites on those user accounts, so that each user has its own SSH keys for shell and SFTP, its own cron, and sites remain sandboxed on a per-system-user basis. I'm curious as to how you're handling that in CyberPanel.

For PHP, I went with the route of making one globally available. Thanks for providing details on that.

Regarding the requests, I see many others also requesting options to choose the components during install time, so that we could skip on what's not needed (especially email, DNS and old PHP versions).

I hope more people also request Amazon S3 and Backblaze B2 for backup storage, as that can cut down costs significantly, as well as remove the extra effort required to setup another VPS for the purpose.

Any word on white labelling?

The update looks great! Looking forward to trying it out. Great work - keep it up! :)

• @SonicFast said:
      Very good panel, there is a live version available?

demo.cyberpanel.net:8090

Admin Login
      User: demoadmin
      Password: cyberpanel123

Client Login
      User: democlient
      Password: cyberpanel123

^-^!

• @hqraja said:

@cyberpersons said:

@hqraja said:
      Hello @cyberpersons,

Questions:

Requests:

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.

2. Email Limits.

Thank you for your quick response. The reason I was asking about system users was because I'd like each site to run under its own user, and that user to have SSH/SFTP access. I use another server control panel called RunCloud, and it lets you do just that - create system users from its interface, and then deploy websites on those user accounts, so that each user has its own SSH keys for shell and SFTP, its own cron, and sites remain sandboxed on a per-system-user basis. I'm curious as to how you're handling that in CyberPanel.

For PHP, I went with the route of making one globally available. Thanks for providing details on that.

Regarding the requests, I see many others also requesting options to choose the components during install time, so that we could skip on what's not needed (especially email, DNS and old PHP versions).

I hope more people also request Amazon S3 and Backblaze B2 for backup storage, as that can cut down costs significantly, as well as remove the extra effort required to setup another VPS for the purpose.

Any word on white labelling?

The update looks great! Looking forward to trying it out. Great work - keep it up! :)

CyberPanel does not map its users to Linux users, but each website is executed under its own user. To know the PHP Execution user for a particular website you can find external app user for a website in vhost conf.

You can also enable open_basedir protection: https://docs.cyberpanel.net/doku.php?id=open_basedir-protection

File Manager and FTP also use the same Linux user account to access the file system.

White labeling is possible, but with slight HTML modification.

Thanked by 1hqraja
    • BruceBruce Member
      edited July 2018

had a play. very nice. added a template so I could deploy a vm easily

free trial zilore monitoring

• @Bruce said:
      had a play. very nice. added a template so I could deploy a vm easily

The best way would be to add installation command as a startup script, otherwise, you may need to manually update the template.

• luissousaluissousa Member
      edited July 2018

Any possibility of using ldap for users/groups management and login?

• HugotonHostingHugotonHosting Member, Provider

Smart UI, is it responsive on mobile devices?