Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need colocation in the Netherlands with free/cheap remote hands!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need colocation in the Netherlands with free/cheap remote hands!

6ixth6ixth Member
edited August 2017 in General

Says it all in the title, I am looking for colocation in the Netherlands that has the option for DDoS Protection with free remote hands a couple times a month or cheap.

Lemme know yo deals fam.

Comments

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

How about just getting IPMI devices?

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @Radi said:
    How about just getting IPMI devices?

They provided free KVM that never even worked, wouldn't let me attach virtual media. They then plugged in a CD drive with CentOS 7 on it and oh guess what, it wouldn't detect the HDD or Network. I restart it, won't even boot the CD drive. I bought it with 10 remote hands, I got a reply from them today saying it's only 3 due to it being a 1U server.

Worst experience by far, review will follow shortly.

• niknik Member, Host Rep

Why would you colocate a server without IPMI?

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Take a look at PhoenixNAP - They are pretty cheap, have free DDoS protection and their remote hands fee is decent.

• @nik said:
    Why would you colocate a server without IPMI?

Check the above comment. "They provide free KVM".

• @CConner said:
    Take a look at PhoenixNAP - They are pretty cheap, have free DDoS protection and their remote hands fee is decent.

Doesn't look like they do single server Colocation, speaking with them now though, thanks for the rec!

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2017

Was the KVM Lantronix one? What browser did you used for it? Are you close to the NL?

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2017

Just a tip , try to use older java versions if vnc not working . Seems like your server has other issues as well .

• @hostdare said:
    Just a tip , try to use older java versions if vnc not working . Seems like your server has other issues as well .

VNC works, but I can't attach virtual media, apparently this is a common issue they have which is why they had the CD player.

• 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited August 2017

@Radi said:
    Was the KVM Lantronix one? What browser did you used for it? Are you close to the NL?

I am 12h from the DC and no, it was an Aten CN1000 device. "Virtual Media" is just grey, can't find any documentation on it. When I let them know about this, the support is like a wooden log, no response on what could cause it etc, just instantly a CD drive plugged in.

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR

What is your monthly budget?

• @joeri said:
    What is your monthly budget?

50 euros is my comfortable zone.

• Why not buy your own kvm-over-ip device and ask them to hook it up for you? Probably cheaper.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

What kind of server do u have?

• Bandwidth needs & electricity usage?

Gotta elaborate a bit

• @Aidan said:
    Bandwidth needs & electricity usage?

Gotta elaborate a bit

Minimum of 20TB a month and 1amp.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @PieNotEvenEaten said:
    What kind of server do u have?

Custom, uses 1 amp.

• Still looking for this, my current DC is literally useless.

• WSSWSS Member

@6ixth said:
    Still looking for this, my current DC is literally useless.

If you learn to stop breaking things, you won't need this. "Free" remote hands will never happen, because they'll attract fucktards.

Thanked by 1pike
  • @WSS said:

@6ixth said:
    Still looking for this, my current DC is literally useless.

If you learn to stop breaking things, you won't need this. "Free" remote hands will never happen, because they'll attract fucktards.

My original issue has already been fixed, so maybe if you learn to shut your mouth. Still open to more offers!

• WSSWSS Member

@6ixth said:
    My original issue has already been fixed, so maybe if you learn to shut your mouth. Still open to more offers!

Nope.

Thanked by 2Aidan pike
  • Host in your own basement, be your own free remote hand. See how fun it is to fix shit you break without getting any additional pay for it.

• check more dutch colocation providers

about hands on, thats up to you what you agree on with the individuel provider

• @mayers said:
    check more dutch colocation providers

about hands on, thats up to you what you agree on with the individuel provider

Thanks for the link, and yeah, I only need two or so a month just encase of emergencies.

Thanked by 1mayers
  • the pcextreme one is temping even for me :) haven't checked in a while. Maybe time to switch colo's or better build another server...

• @mayers said:
    the pcextreme one is temping even for me :) haven't checked in a while. Maybe time to switch colo's or better build another server...

I was considering it.. no DDoS Protection :(

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2017

6ixth said: Check the above comment. "They provide free KVM".

That does not change that reliance on this instead of a proper server board with IPMI is not dumb though.

Or at least buy your own permanent attached KVM.

6ixth said: 50 euros is my comfortable zone.

So you NEED:

• 1U+
    • 1A
    • 20TB (~66Mbit) on Gbit
    • Free remotehands, Free KVM usage
    • NL

You WANT:

• Not a crap DC

But you OFFER:

• 50EUR/mo, probably even incl. VAT

Which gets you:

• ISSUE

Which you seem to not expect, but is normal for paying... lower than average, and that by far...

As reference - 1A power costs in NL alone ~18EUR before UPS/Genset/AC...
    [/thread]

Thanked by 1pike
  • @William said:

6ixth said: Check the above comment. "They provide free KVM".

That does not change that reliance on this instead of a proper server board with IPMI is not dumb though.

Original issue, is no longer an issue. I am just looking for a new DC.