Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostHatch has just introduced NVMe dedicated CPU KVM servers - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostHatch has just introduced NVMe dedicated CPU KVM servers

Comments

• @Abdullah said:

@mexyul said:

@Windmm said:

mexyul said: I'm since August 2015

Any problem so far?

My vps got suspended when running wp & mybb forum with only 50-100 daily UV. But they quickly unsuspend it after i submit ticket. But after i reinstall it for some day they suspend it again without any explanation.

X amount of resources can handle Y amount of hits is a myth unfortunately. A bad installation (plugins, exploits, etc) will cause load, regardless of the hits your site is getting. Any host using OpenVZ would do the same to protect other users on the node.

On the other hand, these NVMe servers come with 100% dedicated resources - so you will never get suspended by us. The worst case scenario is that you will keep crashing your own VPS without affecting other users.

Yes i understood. I check it after unsuspend and didn't found high load with those site. But i'm afraid so i move it to another vps. After that i reinstall it but idling vps got suspended too.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2017

@mexyul said:
    After that i reinstall it but idling vps got suspended too.

What reason would we have to suspend a server with 0.00 load, a few MB of RAM usage and a couple GB of storage on OpenVZ, that has 0 overhead? A suspended server would essentially take the same amount of resources? The only time we suspend an OpenVZ VPS is if there is an outgoing attack, spam or there is extremely high load.

Was your idling VPS secured before it was left to idle? A server with SSH port 22 and a weak password doesn't take long to get hacked nowadays.

• @Abdullah i'm not saying your service is bad, but when i move it on ovz with liteserver.nl i have 0 problem in the last 116 days. I'm not promoting them but that's true fact that happened. Yes before it's idling i don't securing it that maybe got suspend, but i'm sure using good enough pass. See ticket #891114 , no explanation on it. But i won't debate it since i know it's my fault not securing it before idling.

Thanked by 1LiteServer

mexyul said: i move it on ovz with liteserver.nl i have 0 problem in the last 116 days.

If it worked fine with them, then that can mean two things: either they are using an advanced version of OpenVZ that is somehow different than the OpenVZ we and every other provider uses, or your software installation there is not compromised. You would be suspended at any OpenVZ provider with the load you were generating.

mexyul said: See ticket #891114

You're right, there is no reason mentioned in this ticket and I apologize for that. I am assuming the reason for that is because it was the same as your ticket before - i,e extremely high load.

Once again - we have no reason to suspend an idle VPS. An idle active OpenVZ VPS takes about the same resources as a suspended VPS since there is close to zero overhead in OpenVZ.

• @Abdullah i mention in the ticket i was reinstall it, so it's fresh that's mean idle with minimum resources used. That's why i asked why got suspended. But staff not explain anything before unsuspend. But i'll try your new NVMe vps later after my current services end.

• @Abdullah how long do you guys keep the price? 'cause I am not able to get one till the next week or so.

@Windmm said:
    @Abdullah how long do you guys keep the price? 'cause I am not able to get one till the next week or so.

Next week should be good. We have enough capacity in Amsterdam. But we're changing the plans a bit (1 GB RAM / 10 GB SSD, 2 GB RAM / 20 GB SSD, etc) in the next couple of days. Will only apply to new orders so you might want to get your server before that if you care about the extra space. :)

Thanked by 1bersy
  • Abdullah said: Next week should be good. We have enough capacity in Amsterdam. But we're changing the plans a bit (1 GB RAM / 10 GB SSD, 2 GB RAM / 20 GB SSD, etc) in the next couple of days. Will only apply to new orders so you might want to get your server before that if you care about the extra space. :)

I will be good If it is just about space. Thank you!

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited August 2017

@Abdullah btw, can't boot your Ubuntu 16.04.2 iso. Other images I've tried (debian netinst etc.) do work.

"Could not read from CDROM (code 0003)"

Sorry for no updates the past week. The mobile (iOS 10) issue mentioned earlier by @Tom was resolved some time ago via PM.

We've also added a new feature for the DDoS protected addresses. You can now toggle between permanent/sensor protection, enable L7 and install an SSL certificate (if L7 enabled). You can also see live/past attacks and sample data per attack (to determine attack type, etc).

All of this can be done through the control panel now, without needing to contact us manually.

@Shot2 said:

btw, can't boot your Ubuntu 16.04.2 iso. Other images I've tried (debian netinst etc.) do work.

"Could not read from CDROM (code 0003)"

Thanks for the note. We've replaced this with the latest Ubuntu 16.04 ISO.

Thanked by 2bersy MikePT
  • bersybersy Member
    edited November 2017

For those who are interested in their NVMe KVM product line - special BlackFriday deals https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/130301/hosthatch-bf-2017-good-deals/p1

PS

Btw, I've just discovered an Affiliate Section in their new in-house developed Control Panel. I don't know whether it works, but we could definately figure it out by means of using this link https://hosthatch.com/a?id=200 ;)

Thanked by 2vimalware hosthatch
  • Shot2Shot2 Member

Was trying to reinstall my VPS with them, only to discover they somehow disabled VNC while "revamping their interface".
    No way in their eff'ing dumbed-down "new" "pretty" joke of a control panel to reenable it.

Well, if "upgrading" things means "degrading" services, I'm done with HostHatch.

• @Shot2 said:
    Was trying to reinstall my VPS with them, only to discover they somehow disabled VNC while "revamping their interface".
    No way in their eff'ing dumbed-down "new" "pretty" joke of a control panel to reenable it.

Well, if "upgrading" things means "degrading" services, I'm done with HostHatch.

Often times people use custom control panels as selling points when in all reality, other better alternatives exist. For the sole purpose of feeling like a "real company".

Also, side note, I don't understand why HostHatch got rid of their US DDoS protection but kept EU regardless of the fact Voxility is in both locations and they still use Voxility for EU.

• sinsin Member

@Shot2 said:

What location? I just logged in and vnc is working fine on my Hosthatch LA vpses.

• Shot2 said: Was trying to reinstall my VPS with them, only to discover they somehow disabled VNC while "revamping their interface".

?

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • Shot2Shot2 Member

Sweden. And, nope, no luck.

"Failed to connect to server (code: 1006)"

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

support ticket?

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • Thanked by 1hosthatch
    edited March 2018

@Shot2 said:

Sorry you feel our new panel is a joke, most of the feedback we've gotten is quite positive - please feel free to open a ticket and we can take a look.

Not much I can do about fixing your server's VNC connection on a public forum.

• I like their custom panel, but sometimes I find myself going to the old panel here: https://portal.hosthatch.com/clientarea.php?action=services

Maybe try that?

@dahartigan said:

Maybe try that?

The VNC console does not have anything to do with the panel itself, and if it's not working for a particular server, we'd need to check why. Only a support ticket can help fix that.

• @Abdullah said:

@dahartigan said:

Maybe try that?

The VNC console does not have anything to do with the panel itself, and if it's not working for a particular server, we'd need to check why. Only a support ticket can help fix that.

Ahh fair enough, I was just trying to be helpful :) I never had a problem with VNC with your servers, it's always been rock solid - zero complaints from me.

But I agree 100% that LET isn't a replacement for support tickets. I think it's fair enough to complain on LET if a ticket has been made and no answer given in a few days or something.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • Do you still have any promotions? Need a new 8GB ram VPS in EU.

• pahapoikapahapoika Member
    edited March 2018

Lol good luck trying to get the EU 14-days no questions asked refund.

@realbusiness said:
    Do you still have any promotions? Need a new 8GB ram VPS in EU.

We'll have a few promotions in the next week :)

@pahapoika said:

Our refund policy is available at https://hosthatch.com/terms-of-service, is agreed upon before buying a service from us - and we're not an EU based company. Reasons such as "I found a better deal" or "I realized I don't need this service", etc will not qualify for a refund.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2018

-snip

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@pahapoika said:

Exactly, especially for rendered services.

Thanked by 2Aidan FHR
  • @Clouvider said:

@pahapoika said:

Yeah, that would fall under one of the exemptions:

The 14-day "cooling off" period does not apply to all purchases. Some of the exemptions are:

plane and train tickets, as well as concert tickets, hotel bookings, car rental reservations and catering services for specific dates
    goods and drinks delivered to you by regular delivery – for example delivery by a milkman.
    goods made to order or clearly personalised – such as a tailor-made suit
    sealed audio, video or computer software, such as DVDs, which you have unsealed upon receipt.
    online digital content, if you have already started downloading or streaming it
    goods bought from a private individual rather than a company
    urgent repairs and maintenance contracts – if you call a plumber to repair a leaking shower, you can't cancel the work once you have agreed on the price of the service.
    Please note that this list is not exhaustive.

Australian consumer law works very similarly, it's designed to stop dodgy sellers from ripping people off or high pressure sales people from pushing things onto people.

Like @Clouvider pointed out, a service rendered wouldn't count.

• @Clouvider said:

@pahapoika said:

They do offer the same VPS for everyone, no?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@pahapoika said:

@Clouvider said:

@pahapoika said:

They do offer the same VPS for everyone, no?

How is that relevant?