Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[US/EU] PieLayer.com ::Free DirectAdmin :1GB SSD VPS @ $3.50/month : 1Gbit Port
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[US/EU] PieLayer.com ::Free DirectAdmin :1GB SSD VPS @ $3.50/month : 1Gbit Port

harispharisp Member
edited July 2013 in Offers

PieLayer began in early-2012 offering premium game servers without the premium price. Since then we have expanded our range of services to include virtual servers.

We accept payments through PayPal.

Ultrafast I/O VPS

These plans make use of premium solid-state drives in a raid configuration. By using this configuration, the I/O write speed our customers get averages between 700MB/s and 1GB/s, making these plans perfect for I/O intensive software such as minecraft and large database servers.

At this time, the only location we offer for these plans is San Diego, California.

Test IP: 204.68.96.171

Use coupon code: LEB50 to get 50% off for LIFE on following VPS offers!

Ultrafast 1024

1024MB RAM
512MB vSwap
25GB SSD Storage
500GB Bandwidth
1 IP

Use coupon code: LEB50 and pay $3.50 for LIFE / Order US

Classic VPS

These are our classic plans, with two locations available.

US Test IP: 173.208.252.98

Germany Test IP: 217.79.179.206

VPS One

1024MB RAM
512MB vSwap
20GB Disk-Space
750B 1Gbit Bandwidth
1 IP

Use coupon code: LEB50 and pay $3.50 FOR LIFE - Order US / Order Germany

**** SPECIAL SUMMER DEAL !!!****

Nerdy Zero

256MB RAM
256MB vSwap
10GB SSD Storage
250GB Bandwidth
1 IP Address

Awesome price! Pay just $7 per quarter or $21/YEAR!! - Click here to order

Control Panels

DirectAdmin : $5.75pm
cPanel : $17.00/pm

Included features

SolusVM
Instant Setup
99.9% Uptime
Raid 1 Storage
Instant OS-Reinstalls
Valid SSL Panels

DirectAdmin is available at a discounted rate at $5.75/pm ( German Location, for USA 5.75 $ one time and later FREE ).

We charge $0.85 a month for extra IPs on our Ultrafast services, otherwise its $1.75 a month for IPs. discounts are available for IPs ordered in bulk. Any additional IP's will require justification within the RIPE/ARIN guidelines.

We have a range of 32bit & 64bit OS templates, including Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian and CentOS. Our support will be happy to add more on request.

Raid 1 Storage: All our servers use Raid 1 storage.

Homepage: http://www.pielayer.com
Billing: https://my.pieserv.com

PieLayer Hosting Solutions
http://www.pielayer.com

Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pielayer

Follow us on twitter - http://twitter.com/pielayer

Comments

• andyliuandyliu Member
    edited July 2013

I want to buy Ultrafast 1024 package, so I can get directAdmin for free?
    BTW, Do you have money back guarantee?

• harispharisp Member
    edited July 2013

@andyliu there is one time setup fee of 5,75 USD and later it's free! We do have money back guarantee but we do have right to refuse refund for any reason according to our current TOS.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited July 2013

You're not most clear with DA now.
    In topic is DA free.
    In offer is DA $5.75/pm with German Location and for free with USA location.
    In your next post is setup fee of 5,75 USD and later it's free.

Please make it clear where is free (ie. setup fee doesn't mean free, it require one time payment).

Thanked by 1harisp
  • harispharisp Member

@Spirit: I edited offer, for USA it's one time fee of 5.75 USD. Later it's free..

• @harisp said:
    Spirit: I edited offer, for USA it's one time fee of 5.75 USD. Later it's free..

Still aint totally free!

• harispharisp Member

@joodle: Where did I mentioned it's TOTALLY free? I understand what you want to say but still, the fact is, after the setup fee, DA is free.

• Where did I mentioned it's TOTALLY free?

In the thread title. Why don't you just not charge for setup so you don't need to jump through hoops explaining how it is free but you still need to pay a setup fee...?

• Free = when you do NOT have to pay ANYTHING for a product

• harispharisp Member

@CheapVPS No, I mentioned it's free, not under which circumstances. Don't want to go in further discussions with you guys. I already edited my mistake in topic ( thanks to Spirit ) and that's it. Enjoy the rest of the day!

• @harisp

Yeh but the problem is you'll get these exact questions from customers who assumed it was free! You can't just tell them you don't want to discuss it!

• harispharisp Member

@CheapVPS is it my fault you guys don't know to read the topic and then assume something? The mistake was made and fixed ( I forgot to mention in post the fee ). Neither you or joodle are potential customers so why to discuss with you? If customers asks for an explanation I would be more than happy to assist him and let him know that in topic clearly says that, after setup fee, the DA license is free.

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited July 2013

@harisp said:
    CheapVPS is it my fault you guys don't know to read the topic and then assume something? The mistake was made and fixed ( I forgot to mention in post the fee ). Neither you or joodle are potential customers so why to discuss with you? If customers asks for an explanation I would be more than happy to assist him and let him know that in topic clearly says that, after setup fee, the DA license is free.

I was about to buy a VPS with DA since the price is great
    but nevermind

I never knew that when you get something free that you need to pay for it

• @harisp US Test IP: 173.208.252.98 not working

$traceroute 173.208.252.98

traceroute to 173.208.252.98 (173.208.252.98), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets

1 [...]

2 gige-g11-16.core1.chi1.he.net (184.105.253.1) 2.329 ms 2.312 ms 2.295 ms

3 10gigabitethernet1-1.core1.mci1.he.net (72.52.92.2) 11.969 ms 11.958 ms 11.943 ms

4 10gigabitethernet1-1.core1.mci2.he.net (184.105.213.2) 11.927 ms 12.110 ms 11.858 ms

5 wholesale-internet-inc.10gigabitethernet1-3.core1.mci2.he.net (216.66.78.90) 36.563 ms 36.549 ms 36.788 ms

6 69.30.209.222 (69.30.209.222) 12.291 ms 12.903 ms 12.877 ms

7 69.30.209.221 (69.30.209.221) 18.128 ms 11.996 ms 12.199 ms

8 69.30.209.222 (69.30.209.222) 11.913 ms 11.918 ms 12.146 ms

9 69.30.209.221 (69.30.209.221) 12.141 ms 12.858 ms 12.343 ms

10 69.30.209.222 (69.30.209.222) 12.067 ms 12.273 ms 12.320 ms

[...]

Thanked by 1harisp
  • Ultrafast 1024 seems interesting, how much would it cost to upgrade storage to 50gb ?

• WSI offers free DA license anyways right? Why do you have to charge for installation?

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited July 2013

@zhuanyi said: WSI offers free DA license anyways right? Why do you have to charge for installation?

As far as I know WSI isn't in San Diego, California.

• harispharisp Member

@netadmin I'm looking into the issue please give me some time for check.
    @thekreek - We can upgrade it for you for only $1/month. Please submit ticket @ my.pieserv.com
    @zhuanyi - Depends from the staff mostly. If there is enough people wanting DA license we will waive off the setup fee. Just submit support ticket requesting free DA license ( without setup fee! ).

• harispharisp Member

@Ishaq : We do have VPS One ( not SSD powered ) in above offers which ISP is WSI that's why he wrote that probably..

• @harisp Is D.A license coming from you or from D.C?

• harispharisp Member

@Morninglris depends from the location but mostly from D.C

• harispharisp Member

@joodle : If you are still interested submit ticket with us requesting what you want / need and we will see what we can do for you ..

• @Ishaq said:
    As far as I know WSI isn't in San Diego, California.

I am referring to their Chicago location. Sorry for the confusion.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@zhuanyi said:
    I am referring to their Chicago location. Sorry for the confusion.

Kansas?

• skaska Member

@joodle said:
    I never knew that when you get something free that you need to pay for it

Exactly. Let's imagine the following: MacDonalds puts a sign on the street that says "Free coke". Now you enter the shop and want a free coke. But then the cashier says "you have to pay a fill-in fee of $2. " According to the TO it's a free coke.

• @Ishaq said:
    Kansas?

Yes, you are right, sorry I don't know what went wrong with my brain today.

• Seriously. Don't you all have something better to do than discussing what "free" is in the end?
    I personally think, that "free" is spending exactly 0. from the beginning to the end.
    But we are talking not about burgers or coke, but a license that would normally NOT be free (remeber: free = spending 0 $/€, whatever).
    So in this case i think it is okay to say it is free, EVEN THOUGH there is a setup fee here. And doesn't the OP say exactly this? Yes he does.
    And what exactly is your problem now?
    Sometimes i think people on this board just exist to make the life of others a little bit harder.

• SpiritSpirit Member

I agree. He clarified what he meant. Lets stick with that. It's hard enough for less known or new hosts here.

Thanked by 2mpkossen dnom
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

WSI/Datashack charge a $5 fee for DirectAdmin as far as I'm aware now so they're just passing it on with .75 on top.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Not to change the subject, but I would be curious to see the I/O numbers on a RAID1 setup. Anyone run tests?

• @Nick_A said:
    Not to change the subject, but I would be curious to see the I/O numbers on a RAID1 setup. Anyone run tests?

I'm sure you have plenty of hardware to do so.