Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wanted: My Dream Dedi
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wanted: My Dream Dedi

NekkiNekki Veteran
edited August 2017 in Requests

Alright lads, let's do this.

So, as the no-price limit dedi thread really hasn't done the business for me, I thought I'd start my own, catering to my heavily storage-specific needs.

Like most of us, I've picked up great deals here and there, gradually seeing my spending increase to levels that I never really intended. It feels like it's time to stop going after lots of little low-end deals and instead consolidate into something bigger and less 'LE*'.

So, what am I after? I am after all, a very specific person with very specific needs. Well, children, let me describe the wonders I seek.....

• CPU: I need a CPU with a passmark of comfortably more than 10k. The moar, the bettar.
  • RAM: 16GB is all I'd need. 32GB would be nice, but I wouldn't want to pay extra for it.
  • HDD 1: This is for the OS disk, and will get a bit of hammer, so I want either an enterprise-grade HDD or SSD. Size does not matter.
  • HDD 2- HDD X: I want as much storage as possible from the other disks in the server; these disks will be infrequently written to, so desktop-grade disks are fine. I would like 9TB or more storage, I don't care what combination of disks are involved.
  • Bandwidth: Typically my day-today requirements will be less than 70Mb, but on occasion I will need upto 250Mb for a few hours. Bandwidth usage will be infrequent other than the initial setup of the server, when usage may be constant for a few days.
  • HDD age: I would greatly prefer disks that are less than two years old. Not a must have, but if you can't guarantee disk age, please say.
  • RAID: Don't need it, hard or soft.
  • Data transfer: First month, I'll need around 9TB in; after that 5TB total usage should be plenty.
  • Location: First preference is the UK, with a UK based company. After that, Western Europe. East-Coast US or Canada are real outsiders, but would consider them. Ideally looking to keep latency sub-100ms to my UK VPN endpoints.
  • Budget: I'm looking for something in the £80-£100 (inc VAT) range. As this is a server to personal use, I'm unwilling to make more than a month-to-month commitment. I don't intend to cancel after a month, but if you're going to be out of pocket if I do, please charge an appropriate setup fee.
  • Special requirements: I would like the option of being able to purchase a drive and have it shipped to me in the UK, and have a fresh replacement in the server. This isn't a must-have, but please tell me in your offer if you can do this or not.

Only interested in providers in business 2+ years and active on LET 6+ months. If you don't meet that criteria, save your breath.

If you have a great custom offer and you don't want to be hammered with requests for it, PM me with the spec.

So, before anyone suggests Online/OVH? If I'm going to be spending a decent chunk of change, I want to work with a provider who'll treat me like a person and not just a number. Also, it doesn't appears that either provider has something that meets my specific needs.

Before anyone suggests Hetzner; they have one super storage dedi in my price range (about £78 inc VAT), but the CPU does not meet my needs. It is currently my fall-back option.

And before anyone suggests a big VPS and some cloud storage, fuck off. I fucking want a fucking dedi. You fucking fuck.

Thanked by 2MikePT mikho

Comments