Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

whmcs - deceptive site ahead warning
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

whmcs - deceptive site ahead warning

eloftyelofty Member

Anyone else having any warnings come up on their sites? I logged into whmcs today and found this message waiting for me in chrome.

Comments

• Perhaps you are hacked?

• vovlervovler Member
    edited August 2017

Did you log in into whmcs website, or into whmcs panel in your website?

and , what do you mean with "their sites", they only have 1.

If it's on their website (whmcs.com), you better check if your PC is not infected and someone is "middleman'ing" your connection. Easiest and most effective way to clean your computer is to reinstall your OS, and after that scan all files.

If it's on your website, it may have been hacked and landed into a phishing/spam list, and was picked up by google. Either way, scan your websites files. Check last modification dates, and if you find a suspicious file change the permissions to '000' and check your logs to find how did the file end up there, and fix/remove the vulnerability.

@Edit_____________

If you are using wordpress, remove old plugins, update everything, change password, protect wp-login and xmlprc.

• perhaps an out of date wordpress but they appear to have blacklisted the whole domain i.e. not just www.

• JunklessJunkless Member
    edited August 2017

So not the main site of whmcs. Phew.

• Use this malware scanner website https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/ to check malicious files. :)