Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Signature guidelines
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Signature guidelines

Don't we need it? There are people using 5 lines of signatures, hell even I saw some people putting images in their signature.

Comments

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2013

Agreed I always thought it was 1 - 2 lines here. Although cant we disable seeing other peoples signature images?

EDIT: Hmm no, yet another feature lost in the transition to self hosted.

• @SplitIce said:
    Agreed I always thought it was 1 - 2 lines here. Although cant we disable seeing other peoples signature images?

EDIT: Hmm no, yet another feature lost in the transition to self hosted.

I'm pretty sure you can (that can't hide ALL images though)

@SplitIce said:
    signature images

It used to be possible.

• SpiritSpirit Member

Instead making this as rule and then bother members all the time I suggested to simply enforce line or two with a height parameter through CSS or similar solution.
    Imho. one line is more than enough taking into consideration whole vanilla appearance and how much text is possible to put into one line and still looks OK.
    This signature game is every day more and more intrusive at LET. Some people have a lot more text into signatures than posts they publish.

Thanked by 2SplitIce rds100

@Spirit, could we get back the option to hide images too?

If the length is such a big issue you could add a :hover style that allows to expand to say 4 lines. Just an idea I have seen elsewhere.

• prae5prae5 Member

2 -3 lines max. No images.

• AdducAdduc Member
    edited July 2013

@SplitIce said:

@Spirit, could we get back the option to hide images too?

Edit ProfileSignature Settings → "Strip images out of signatures"

Thanked by 1SplitIce
  • I would like to move this to the Feedback & Suggestions thread to keep the discussion in one place.

This discussion has been closed.