Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

What OVZ Specs can you give me for 20$/year ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

What OVZ Specs can you give me for 20$/year ?

YmpkerYmpker Member, Provider

Looking to move some of the rather "high load" WordPress clients on a seperate server. If biannually payment gets me discount gimme that, too :)

Location: Europe or very close

1xIPv4

Other specs: Surprise me

Let's see what you guys can do. Please understand that I will be very selective with what providers I consider as I need to be sure the host will still be around in 2 years (if Id prepay this long). @Time4VPS is what I'm looking at atm.

/Signature/ https://uptime.is

Thanked by 1time4vps

Comments

  • cpsdcpsd Member

    Do you actually have these websites in another vps or in a reseller account from a hosting company?

  • YmpkerYmpker Member, Provider

    All are with various different (german) shared hosts looking to be moved.

    /Signature/ https://uptime.is

  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Provider
    2 vCPU Cores
    1GB Ram
    1GB vSWAP
    25GB Disk
    600 GB Bandwidth
    1 x IPv4
    1 x /64 IPv6 Subnet
    

    Inception Hosting Limited - NL, UK, Phoenix AZ USA, KVM and OpenVZ - | 50% OFF Phoenix AZ KVM. | 256mb & 512mb UK
    ServersNV a brand of Inception Hosting Limited - UK KVM and OpenVZ - | ^Use CODE: 50offphx4life | ^€8.00 p/year LIMITED

    Thanked by 3Ympker vimalware WSS
  • YmpkerYmpker Member, Provider

    @AnthonySmith said:

    > 2 vCPU Cores
    > 1GB Ram
    > 1GB vSWAP
    > 25GB Disk
    > 600 GB Bandwidth
    > 1 x IPv4
    > 1 x /64 IPv6 Subnet
    > 

    Pm'ed you :)

    /Signature/ https://uptime.is

  • MSPNickMSPNick Member, Provider
    edited August 7

    2 Cores
    50GB disk space
    2GB swap
    2GB ram
    1TB
    1x IPv4

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • NekkiNekki Member

    @AnthonySmith said:

    > 2 vCPU Cores
    > 1GB Ram
    > 1GB vSWAP
    > 25GB Disk
    > 600 GB Bandwidth
    > 1 x IPv4
    > 1 x /64 IPv6 Subnet
    > 

    That's a great deal for $20/year.

    'Nekki can not stand behind the penis' - Shc on Hostloc

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Provider

    Nekki said: That's a great deal for $20/year.

    I can do that on an E3v5 or E5v4 all ssd cached and ddos protected.

    Inception Hosting Limited - NL, UK, Phoenix AZ USA, KVM and OpenVZ - | 50% OFF Phoenix AZ KVM. | 256mb & 512mb UK
    ServersNV a brand of Inception Hosting Limited - UK KVM and OpenVZ - | ^Use CODE: 50offphx4life | ^€8.00 p/year LIMITED

  • @AnthonySmith said:

    Nekki said: That's a great deal for $20/year.

    I can do that on an E3v5 or E5v4 all ssd cached and ddos protected.

    Is that seasonal offer or I can come and get it anytime?

    Need custom/fresh website design or development? Ask me about it today!

  • NekkiNekki Member

    @AnthonySmith said:

    Nekki said: That's a great deal for $20/year.

    I can do that on an E3v5 or E5v4 all ssd cached and ddos protected.

    Any specific location?

    'Nekki can not stand behind the penis' - Shc on Hostloc

  • sibapersibaper Member

    @AnthonySmith said:

    Nekki said: That's a great deal for $20/year.

    I can do that on an E3v5 or E5v4 all ssd cached and ddos protected.

    where's order link? which location?

  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Provider

    Nekki said: Any specific location?

    @sibaper said:

    @AnthonySmith said:

    Nekki said: That's a great deal for $20/year.

    I can do that on an E3v5 or E5v4 all ssd cached and ddos protected.

    where's order link? which location?

    Enfield. (London).

    Code: VBVAD051QC

    Link: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=126

    Inception Hosting Limited - NL, UK, Phoenix AZ USA, KVM and OpenVZ - | 50% OFF Phoenix AZ KVM. | 256mb & 512mb UK
    ServersNV a brand of Inception Hosting Limited - UK KVM and OpenVZ - | ^Use CODE: 50offphx4life | ^€8.00 p/year LIMITED

  • sibapersibaper Member

    @AnthonySmith said:

    Nekki said: Any specific location?

    @sibaper said:

    @AnthonySmith said:

    Nekki said: That's a great deal for $20/year.

    I can do that on an E3v5 or E5v4 all ssd cached and ddos protected.

    where's order link? which location?

    Enfield. (London).

    Code: VBVAD051QC

    Link: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=126

    ATM I've problem with these location ping > 320 ms while the other UK <= 200 ms. I thing I'll pass that one, thanks.

  • NekkiNekki Member

    @sibaper said:

    @AnthonySmith said:

    Nekki said: Any specific location?

    @sibaper said:

    @AnthonySmith said:

    Nekki said: That's a great deal for $20/year.

    I can do that on an E3v5 or E5v4 all ssd cached and ddos protected.

    where's order link? which location?

    Enfield. (London).

    Code: VBVAD051QC

    Link: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=126

    ATM I've problem with these location ping > 320 ms while the other UK <= 200 ms. I thing I'll pass that one, thanks.

    Where are you coming in from? Network is usually excellent in the location.

    'Nekki can not stand behind the penis' - Shc on Hostloc

  • YmpkerYmpker Member, Provider

    @Nekki said:

    @sibaper said:

    @AnthonySmith said:

    Nekki said: Any specific location?

    @sibaper said:

    @AnthonySmith said:

    Nekki said: That's a great deal for $20/year.

    I can do that on an E3v5 or E5v4 all ssd cached and ddos protected.

    where's order link? which location?

    Enfield. (London).

    Code: VBVAD051QC

    Link: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=126

    ATM I've problem with these location ping > 320 ms while the other UK <= 200 ms. I thing I'll pass that one, thanks.

    Where are you coming in from? Network is usually excellent in the location.

    Isn't this on @Clouvider Location anyway?

    /Signature/ https://uptime.is

    Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Provider
    edited August 7

    320ms?? are you in the Mariana trench on 1999 wifi?

    sibaper said: ATM I've problem with these location ping > 320 ms while the other UK <= 200 ms. I thing I'll pass that one, thanks.

    What did you ping, I think you are badly mistaken, it is near enough impossible to get a 120ms difference in the tiny little UK unless you are doing something very wrong or the problem exists in the way your own ISP is routing stuff.

    Inception Hosting Limited - NL, UK, Phoenix AZ USA, KVM and OpenVZ - | 50% OFF Phoenix AZ KVM. | 256mb & 512mb UK
    ServersNV a brand of Inception Hosting Limited - UK KVM and OpenVZ - | ^Use CODE: 50offphx4life | ^€8.00 p/year LIMITED

  • OBHostOBHost Member, Provider
    edited August 7

    x2 CPU Core
    30 GB Storage
    2048 MB RAM
    2048 MB SWAP
    1 IPv4
    1 IPv6 (/112)
    Linux
    300 GB Bandwidth
    Germany

    Looking Glass: http://lg-de.obhost.org

    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | OpenVZ Germany VPS | Storage VPS | Gaming Servers | Dedicated Servers

    Use Coupon "LETStuff" & Get 30% discount on any service for lifetime

  • sibapersibaper Member

    @Nekki said:

    Where are you coming in from? Network is usually excellent in the location.

    Indonesia, as I said it only to this location

  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

    Yep. I'd also like to know the source IP and the endpoint it was tested against. It would be very unusual to say the least.

    Clouvider Leading UK Cloud Hosting solution provider || UK Dedicated Servers Sale || Tasty KVM Slices || Latest LET Offer

    Web hosting in Cloud | SSD & SAS True Cloud VPS on OnApp | Private Cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

    Thanked by 2Ympker brueggus
  • sibapersibaper Member

    @AnthonySmith said: 320ms?? are you in the Mariana trench on 1999 wifi?

    sibaper said: ATM I've problem with these location ping > 320 ms while the other UK <= 200 ms. I thing I'll pass that one, thanks.

    What did you ping, I think you are badly mistaken, it is near enough impossible to get a 120ms difference in the tiny little UK unless you are doing something very wrong or the problem exists in the way your own ISP is routing stuff.

    nope I'm on fiber, I've contact cloudvider before, not yet hear the investigation result.

    I'm on mobile atm, I'll send you traceroute after I got home.

  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Provider

    @sibaper, Dom is working through it now, see if it can be improved for Indonesia, funny that no one has reported it sooner I have a lot of good customers from Indonesia.

    Inception Hosting Limited - NL, UK, Phoenix AZ USA, KVM and OpenVZ - | 50% OFF Phoenix AZ KVM. | 256mb & 512mb UK
    ServersNV a brand of Inception Hosting Limited - UK KVM and OpenVZ - | ^Use CODE: 50offphx4life | ^€8.00 p/year LIMITED

  • @AnthonySmith said: 320ms?? are you in the Mariana trench on 1999 wifi?

    sibaper said: ATM I've problem with these location ping > 320 ms while the other UK <= 200 ms. I thing I'll pass that one, thanks.

    What did you ping, I think you are badly mistaken, it is near enough impossible to get a 120ms difference in the tiny little UK unless you are doing something very wrong or the problem exists in the way your own ISP is routing stuff.

    My ISP too (Bsnl 3G).
    1 of 2 times on rebooting modem, I get 300ms+ routes to clouvider. (always cogent routes)

    So I just vpn through liteserver/ultravps since they have stable 200ms pings. (arubacloud UK is usually in NL latency range; cogent route again, but about 4-5 less hops)

  • shellshell Member

    @Clouvider said: Yep. I'd also like to know the source IP and the endpoint it was tested against. It would be very unusual to say the least.

    i get 184ms from indonesia, ftth biznetnetworks
    very good

    Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited August 7

    i am indonesia too, clouvider is best routing & connection from all uk provider for me

    Always < 190ms

    it's looks like LA with asia optimized , they already improved their network

    Thanked by 1vimalware
  • sibapersibaper Member

    Clouvider said: Yep. I'd also like to know the source IP and the endpoint it was tested against. It would be very unusual to say the least.

    I've PM you both IP few days ago :P.

    Btw for the other who curios here traceroute

    Moratelindo / AS23947

    traceroute to 185.164.137.25 (185.164.137.25), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
     1  gateway (192.168.11.1)  1.307 ms  21.212 ms  21.172 ms
     2  * * *
     3  10.89.0.1 (10.89.0.1)  6.414 ms  7.348 ms  7.201 ms
     4  isbi.ac.id (103.75.101.230)  7.225 ms  7.197 ms  7.326 ms
     5  * * *
     6  * * *
     7  103.56.234.65 (103.56.234.65)  15.967 ms  18.706 ms  18.655 ms
     8  xe-11-3-0.cr0-sin1.ip4.gtt.net (213.254.227.217)  191.681 ms  192.193 ms  192.725 ms
     9  xe-11-2-0.cr0-lon1.ip4.gtt.net (89.149.185.74)  178.798 ms  178.983 ms  176.812 ms
    10  ip4.gtt.net (46.33.78.242)  177.305 ms  178.881 ms  179.286 ms
    11  * * *
    12  h185-145-200-9.reverse.clouvider.net (185.145.200.9)  181.047 ms  181.070 ms  178.628 ms
    13  185.164.137.25 (185.164.137.25)  196.646 ms !X  197.714 ms !X  198.265 ms !X
    
    

    Telkom/AS17974

    traceroute to 185.164.137.25 (185.164.137.25), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
     1  gateway (192.168.2.1)  0.304 ms  0.373 ms  0.369 ms
     2  * * *
     3  125.166.24.1 (125.166.24.1)  10.268 ms  10.272 ms  10.378 ms
     4  121.subnet125-160-11.speedy.telkom.net.id (125.160.11.121)  5.214 ms  5.543 ms  5.529 ms
     5  61.94.171.69 (61.94.171.69)  5.860 ms  6.886 ms  6.885 ms
     6  180.240.191.42 (180.240.191.42)  30.505 ms  25.612 ms 180.240.193.42 (180.240.193.42)  25.571 ms
     7  180.240.193.237 (180.240.193.237)  22.289 ms 180.240.191.41 (180.240.191.41)  26.077 ms  27.216 ms
     8  180.240.192.150 (180.240.192.150)  193.402 ms  194.159 ms  194.502 ms
     9  ae-14.a00.lsanca20.us.bb.gin.ntt.net (131.103.117.129)  195.421 ms  192.114 ms  193.282 ms
    10  ae-3.r01.lsanca20.us.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.2.233)  368.667 ms  362.728 ms  367.703 ms
    11  ae-8.r23.lsanca07.us.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.6.48)  193.991 ms  193.963 ms  193.473 ms
    12  ae-12.r22.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.4.150)  201.358 ms  204.622 ms  205.155 ms
    13  ae-0.r23.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.2.183)  208.095 ms  239.213 ms  239.218 ms
    14  ae-3.r21.sttlwa01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.3.125)  255.288 ms  256.282 ms  252.220 ms
    15  ae-0.r20.sttlwa01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.2.53)  255.550 ms  255.931 ms  258.090 ms
    16  ae-0.r24.nycmny01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.4.14)  378.571 ms  378.542 ms  394.658 ms
    17  ae-9.r24.londen12.uk.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.2.19)  440.133 ms  426.795 ms  418.462 ms
    18  ae-1.r04.londen12.uk.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.4.126)  395.173 ms  392.386 ms  376.077 ms
    19  185.84.16.242 (185.84.16.242)  304.344 ms  306.120 ms  304.315 ms
    20  * * *
    21  h185-145-200-9.reverse.clouvider.net (185.145.200.9)  299.262 ms  362.394 ms  359.252 ms
    22  185.164.137.25 (185.164.137.25)  360.304 ms !X  365.646 ms !X  365.404 ms !X
    
    

    Telkom is the largest ISP (40-60% people using this ISP) in Indonesia, so that bad routing really affected Indonesian

  • sibapersibaper Member

    add_iT said: Always < 190ms

    depend on provider/routing right?

    for me the best is VULTR, but any provider who use NTT had the best latency except clouvider atm

    traceroute

     1  gateway (192.168.11.1)  1.040 ms  2.310 ms  2.302 ms
     2  * * *
     3  10.89.0.1 (10.89.0.1)  7.720 ms  7.761 ms  7.701 ms
     4  xxxx (103.75.101.230)  7.690 ms  7.681 ms  8.298 ms
     5  * * *
     6  * * *
     7  103.66.199.54 (103.66.199.54)  17.724 ms 103.56.234.69 (103.56.234.69)  16.475 ms  16.942 ms
     8  xe-0-0-0-5.r01.sngpsi03.sg.bb.gin.ntt.net (116.51.26.165)  21.968 ms  20.915 ms  22.444 ms
     9  ae-4.r21.sngpsi05.sg.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.4.16)  22.471 ms  18.280 ms  18.765 ms
    10  ae-8.r24.londen12.uk.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.7.64)  186.109 ms  203.771 ms  183.332 ms
    11  ae-21.r00.londen10.uk.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.4.24)  197.555 ms  202.147 ms  196.601 ms
    12  * 5.158.213.46 (5.158.213.46)  282.773 ms *
    13  vl181-ds1-b5-305cr52b4.lon3.choopa.net (104.238.168.138)  202.234 ms  208.211 ms  209.533 ms
    14  * * *
    15  108.61.196.101.vultr.com (108.61.196.101)  183.779 ms  182.940 ms  202.155 ms
    
  • add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited August 7

    sibaper said: depend on provider/routing right?

    I have try all mobile operator provider ( three , xl also telkomsel ), they are same result

    Telkom is shit, i have ever used it. their route sometimes really bad

  • @Cloudvider I wasn't expecting to have sub-100ms latency from so far away :o

    traceroute to 185.164.137.25, 30 hops max
    1 10.0.0.2   2.527ms 2.99ms 2.697ms
    2 10.0.0.1   2.974ms 2.509ms 1.959ms
    3 10.11.10.137   142.536ms 11.568ms 9.179ms
    4 10.178.206.82      9.661ms 10.932ms 10.611ms
    5 10.178.206.83      9.962ms 9.51ms 12.887ms
    6 tcore3-toronto21_2-4-0-1.net.bell.ca (64.230.104.248)      14.42ms 12.33ms 15.28ms
    7 tcore3-toronto01_100gige1-14-0-0.net.bell.ca (64.230.50.79)    11.291ms 10.066ms 13.239ms
    8 bx2-toronto01_et5-1-0.net.bell.ca (64.230.109.141)     9.747ms 11.814ms 10.576ms
    9 ae55.bar2.toronto1.level3.net (4.28.138.45)    11.644ms 10.515ms 12.403ms
    10 ae-128-3514.edge6.london1.level3.net (4.69.166.69)    90.315ms 92.334ms 91.654ms
    11 clouvider.edge6.london1.level3.net (195.50.126.114)   100.63ms 97.57ms 99.504ms
    12 h185-145-200-9.reverse.clouvider.net (185.145.200.9)      101.832ms 105.585ms 102.624ms
    13 185.164.137.25    105.298ms 101.374ms 108.989ms
    

    Keep up the good work :)

    #PayPalLowerYourG*ddamnCurrencyExchangeFeesThx

  • sibapersibaper Member

    @add_iT said:

    sibaper said: depend on provider/routing right?

    I have try all mobile operator provider ( three , xl also telkomsel ), they are same result

    Telkom is shit, i have ever used it. their route sometimes really bad

    from telkomsel/4G 340 ms, can you share your traceroute?

  • shellshell Member

    @sibaper said:

    @add_iT said:

    sibaper said: depend on provider/routing right?

    I have try all mobile operator provider ( three , xl also telkomsel ), they are same result

    Telkom is shit, i have ever used it. their route sometimes really bad

    from telkomsel/4G 340 ms, can you share your traceroute?

    indosat 4G from my phone

    bash-4.3$ ping lg.clouvider.net                                                        
    PING lg.clouvider.net (185.42.223.33) 56(84) bytes of data.                            
    64 bytes from lg.clouvider.net (185.42.223.33): icmp_seq=1 ttl=50 time=263 ms          
    64 bytes from lg.clouvider.net (185.42.223.33): icmp_seq=2 ttl=50 time=246 ms          
    64 bytes from lg.clouvider.net (185.42.223.33): icmp_seq=3 ttl=50 time=278 ms          
    64 bytes from lg.clouvider.net (185.42.223.33): icmp_seq=4 ttl=50 time=258 ms          
    64 bytes from lg.clouvider.net (185.42.223.33): icmp_seq=5 ttl=50 time=255 ms          
    64 bytes from lg.clouvider.net (185.42.223.33): icmp_seq=6 ttl=50 time=321 ms          
    64 bytes from lg.clouvider.net (185.42.223.33): icmp_seq=7 ttl=50 time=253 ms          
    64 bytes from lg.clouvider.net (185.42.223.33): icmp_seq=8 ttl=50 time=249 ms          
    64 bytes from lg.clouvider.net (185.42.223.33): icmp_seq=9 ttl=50 time=244 ms          
    64 bytes from lg.clouvider.net (185.42.223.33): icmp_seq=10 ttl=50 time=251 ms         
    ^C                                                                                     
    --- lg.clouvider.net ping statistics ---                                               
    10 packets transmitted, 10 received, 0% packet loss, time 9015ms                       
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 244.078/262.063/321.299/21.890 ms                               
                                                                                           
    
  • sibapersibaper Member

    @shell said:

    @sibaper said:

    @add_iT said:

    sibaper said: depend on provider/routing right?

    I have try all mobile operator provider ( three , xl also telkomsel ), they are same result

    Telkom is shit, i have ever used it. their route sometimes really bad

    from telkomsel/4G 340 ms, can you share your traceroute?

    indosat 4G from my phone

    bash-4.3$ ping lg.clouvider.net                                                        
    > PING lg.clouvider.net (185.42.223.33) 56(84) bytes of data.                            
    > 64 bytes from lg.clouvider.net (185.42.223.33): icmp_seq=1 ttl=50 time=263 ms          
    > 64 bytes from lg.clouvider.net (185.42.223.33): icmp_seq=2 ttl=50 time=246 ms          
    > 64 bytes from lg.clouvider.net (185.42.223.33): icmp_seq=3 ttl=50 time=278 ms          
    > 64 bytes from lg.clouvider.net (185.42.223.33): icmp_seq=4 ttl=50 time=258 ms          
    > 64 bytes from lg.clouvider.net (185.42.223.33): icmp_seq=5 ttl=50 time=255 ms          
    > 64 bytes from lg.clouvider.net (185.42.223.33): icmp_seq=6 ttl=50 time=321 ms          
    > 64 bytes from lg.clouvider.net (185.42.223.33): icmp_seq=7 ttl=50 time=253 ms          
    > 64 bytes from lg.clouvider.net (185.42.223.33): icmp_seq=8 ttl=50 time=249 ms          
    > 64 bytes from lg.clouvider.net (185.42.223.33): icmp_seq=9 ttl=50 time=244 ms          
    > 64 bytes from lg.clouvider.net (185.42.223.33): icmp_seq=10 ttl=50 time=251 ms         
    > ^C                                                                                     
    > --- lg.clouvider.net ping statistics ---                                               
    > 10 packets transmitted, 10 received, 0% packet loss, time 9015ms                       
    > rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 244.078/262.063/321.299/21.890 ms                               
    >                                                                                        
    > 

    thanks, can you add traceroute too? Indosat a bit better than telkomsel (via GTT)

  • priestpriest Member

    Can I have something like this in US?

    @AnthonySmith said:

    Nekki said: Any specific location?

    @sibaper said:

    @AnthonySmith said:

    Nekki said: That's a great deal for $20/year.

    I can do that on an E3v5 or E5v4 all ssd cached and ddos protected.

    where's order link? which location?

    Enfield. (London).

    Code: VBVAD051QC

    Link: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=126

  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Provider

    I will see what I can do.

    Inception Hosting Limited - NL, UK, Phoenix AZ USA, KVM and OpenVZ - | 50% OFF Phoenix AZ KVM. | 256mb & 512mb UK
    ServersNV a brand of Inception Hosting Limited - UK KVM and OpenVZ - | ^Use CODE: 50offphx4life | ^€8.00 p/year LIMITED

    Thanked by 1Syerate
  • smart2hostsmart2host Member, Provider

    check location Romania https://smart2host.com Thanks

    https://smart2host.com Cheap Openvz servers

  • Well this is all good, but I feel like the condoms would be a wiser investment.

Sign In or Register to comment.