Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NixStats vs NetData
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NixStats vs NetData

SolidxGamingSolidxGaming Member
edited August 2017 in General

Even though Netdata is self hosted, but it looks really more detailed than nixstats. Which one would you choose?

Poll not found

Comments

• OOB solution : nixstats (hopefully pricing will be in sub-$7/bracket for early adopters)

With netdata, you have to lock down its HTTP dashboard with some HTTP/auth with a rev-proxy or Firewall,
      OR else stream it all to to a central prometheus / supported backend, and visualize everything from that central node.(grafana probably)

It all depends on how much your time is worth , right now.

Running a central prometheus node could be RAM, CPU and IOPS heavy for lots of metrics and long retention periods.

I'm kinda delaying the decision until early-adopter pricing is announced for nixstats.

Thanked by 1sin
    • sinsin Member

I like and use them both. Netdata used to just be realtime monitoring but now you can send the stats elsewhere if you want to and I just lock netdata down by only allowing my home IP which is simple with iptables or whichever firewall you use.

• i use both but netdata is ever evolving at a very fast pace so it's test and wait and see for netdata https://community.centminmod.com/threads/addons-netdata-sh-new-system-monitor-addon-part-2.12239/

nixstats is nice and easy to setup and just works

• Most of the people preferring to NIXStats over netdata and NodeQuery

This is another thread with discussion.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/121358/nixstats-vs-nodequery-what-do-you-prefer

• +1 NixStats but wonder how much they will be charging for there service