Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Dedicated Server 2xE5-2620 with 32GB Ram-240Gb SSD under $75
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Dedicated Server 2xE5-2620 with 32GB Ram-240Gb SSD under $75

AlanDSAlanDS Member
edited August 2017 in Requests

Hello All,

I am looking for following kind of dedicated server config. under $75. If anybody can provide, please let me know

Dual E5-2620 v2 or better with 16 or 32 GB ECC Ram and 240GB SSD and 10TB Traffic on 1Gbps port(Basic DDoS protection required). Would prefer the location which is closer to India.

Thanks

Comments

• Maybe nocix.net with dual xeon E5-2660/2670 but no ddos protection..

Thanked by 1AlanDS
  • Maybe @Clouvider ?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

What are you going to host on this server?

• @leapswitch said:

It would be a webserver with news portal running on wordpress. We currently get around 1million pageviews per day. 65% hits are from India.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@jetchirag said:
    Maybe @Clouvider ?

Thanks for mentioning. Dual E5 would be way out of the OP budget. In case nothing suitable is found, UK Dedicated Servers could help.

Thanked by 1jetchirag

@AlanDS said:

@leapswitch said:

It would be a webserver with news portal running on wordpress. We currently get around 1million pageviews per day. 65% hits are from India.

A million page views daily should be doable on an E3 if server and WordPress are configured properly, depending on the number of concurrent users.

Dual E5 in India would go above $200.

You don't need 10TB bandwidth for a news portal.

Basic ddos protection for a WordPress site can be handled by free Cloudflare.

What are you currently hosting it on? Which datacenter/location?

• AlanDSAlanDS Member
    edited August 2017

@leapswitch said:
    A million page views daily should be doable on an E3 if server and WordPress are configured properly, depending on the number of concurrent users.

Right now I am using DC from Piscataway, NJ and site is on E3-1270 with 16GB Ram and 128GB SSD... Site becomes slow sometimes and I have exhausted storage capacity. So I am looking to switch for a better one. DC location doesn't needs to be in India but it should have good response time in India

• @graphic said:
    Maybe nocix.net with dual xeon E5-2660/2670 but no ddos protection..

Most of my desired configurations are out of stock. Thanks anyways for suggestion.

• LeviLevi Member

You won't find dual CPU server in india or near it for 75$. Increase budget up to 150$.

• @LTniger said:
    You won't find dual CPU server in india or near it for 75$. Increase budget up to 150$.

I am okay with other locations provided they offer good response in Middle East & India.

• @graphic said:
    Maybe nocix.net with dual xeon E5-2660/2670 but no ddos protection..

LOL "For your safety, our safety and the safety of the equipment, a trained staff member actively carries a firearm." I wonder whether they're hiring? Sounds like my kind of people.

Thanked by 1sin
  • huntercophuntercop Member
    edited August 2017

Check out Dacentec. Been using for a few weeks now and love the service and support. I get help within minutes of submitting a ticket and they actually give me relevant answers unlike most hosts.

• I shill for @joeri
    He has prem stuff in nl .not sure if your budget is realistic though

Thanked by 1joeri

@AlanDS said:

@leapswitch said:

Right now I am using DC from Piscataway, NJ and site is on E3-1270 with 16GB Ram and 128GB SSD... Site becomes slow sometimes and I have exhausted storage capacity. So I am looking to switch for a better one. DC location doesn't needs to be in India but it should have good response time in India

Are you running out of RAM, disk IO or CPU? Most likely RAM. Can we tempt you with an E3-v3 with 32GB or E3v5 with 64GB RAM in India at a slightly higher cost?

• @leapswitch said:
    Are you running out of RAM, disk IO or CPU? Most likely RAM. Can we tempt you with an E3-v3 with 32GB or E3v5 with 64GB RAM in India at a slightly higher cost?

Well, I am not running out of RAM. 16GB would be fine for now. But I need more SSD disk space. The current 120GB is not enough.

What would be your offer for E3v5 with 16GB RAM & 240GB SSD with 4TB b/w?

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@graphic Nocix does have DDoS protection, albeit in beta at the moment

What company are you running with at the moment? Reliablesite.net or Choopa?

• Its Reliableservers.net

@CConner said:
    What company are you running with at the moment? Reliablesite.net or Choopa?

• OVH Singapore has pretty solid response times for India.

Why not stick with reliablesite and just get an upgraded server?

• @stefeman said:
    OVH Singapore has pretty solid response

times for India.

I checked them from DO Bangalore and leap switch Pune and the pings were high. Additionally the traffic was routed via France so wouldn't recommend paying premium if traffic is routed via France

• arpanjotarpanjot Member
    edited August 2017

@OP check heztner . Their network to India is good , was able to reach 11MB/s from digital ocean India . I tested leaseweb,ovh, online.net ,dacentec and liquidweb. Of these the network of leaseweb Singapore is great for India however it comes with paying premium for their servers which are expensive. The second best network was of heztner. I was very inclined to go with liquidweb however surprisingly heztner network surpassed liquidweb if your target is India .

I am still exploring more options and will let you know if I find a good alternative

Edit - forgot to mention clouvider, they have good network to India too. I am not sure if their pricing suits your budget though. May be @clouvider can help you .

Thanked by 1AlanDS
  • Were you able to decide the provider ? I have more or less similar requirements, and most of our visitors are from India

• Are you running apache or litespeed? Maybe a software upgrade and clearing logs can temporarly solve your issue

• If not a server in India, try a CDN with endpoints there.

• @arpanjot said:
    Were you able to decide the provider ? I have more or less similar requirements, and most of our visitors are from India

Not yet. I am still looking for more options.

@vovler said:
    Are you running apache or litespeed? Maybe a software upgrade and clearing logs can temporarly solve your issue

I am running a Nginx and Varnish combination.

@willie said:
    If not a server in India, try a CDN with endpoints there.

Yes. If Indian based servers are not coming under my budget, I will have to follow your suggestion. Thanks.

• Bought Dual Xeon E5-2670 32GB 2x240GB SSD Preconfig from NOCIX for $69/mo
    Lets see how it goes...

• How is their connectivity to India ?

• AlanDSAlanDS Member
    edited August 2017

The average ping response time is 260ms.
    In UAE it's around 230ms.

How is it?

PS: My existing provider gives on average 230ms in India and 200ms in UAE

Thanked by 1arpanjot
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2017

AlanDS said: Bought Dual Xeon E5-2670 32GB 2x240GB SSD Preconfig from NOCIX for $69/mo Lets see how it goes...

It will go incredibly slowly, with almost none existent post sales support, bad initial config and about 3 months of frustration before you realize you really are getting what you paid for but blame them anyway :)

Or you could hit lucky, it happens apparently.

What I don't understand is how you only have a $75 budget with more than 30 million hits p/month, that is just bad monetization.