Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Photonvps.com / Yardvps.com - anyone with recent experience?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Photonvps.com / Yardvps.com - anyone with recent experience?

hey,

Both sites seems to offer the same thing and belong to the same parent company - psychz.net.

I'm interested in their South African VPS (with 32000 GB Bandwidth)

all I could find are 0 good reviews, very old complaints and issues from 2010-2012 max, and complete silence ever since.

The BW for these prices sounds a bit too good to be truth - which usually is, so curious if anyone had any recent experience with any of them?

Thanks

Comments

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

They're just... alright. The bandwidth pricing is correct as connectivity is just Hurricane Electric + Johannesburg IX.

Thanked by 1szarka
  • @Rhys said:
    They're just... alright. The bandwidth pricing is correct as connectivity is just Hurricane Electric + Johannesburg IX.

You're not kidding: I tested it from a handful of servers and the only time it didn't transit he.net was the server across town in Joburg.

Still, hard to complain about the price.

• i didn't understand from the replies if their South African connectivity is good or not

• http://lg.jnb.psychz.net/

test it yourself.

• sinsin Member
    edited August 2017

I had a VPS with them awhile back and the performance was great. The only issue I had with them was their support was pretty bad/outsourced. I remember one of the techs asking for my root password which I copied and pasted for him only for him to reply back that it didn't work. I thought maybe I accidentally gave him the wrong one so I double checked by copy/paste and physically typing it and it was definitely the right root password...eventually another tech took over and had no issue logging in lol.

Regardless, I would still recommend them because I did enjoy the performance and network.

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

We have NAP Africa in Johannesburg, for international traffic everything is routed through HE.net since that's the only provider there.

Thanked by 1Aidan