Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Centos 7 Desktop in KVM VPS = Low Display Resolution
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Centos 7 Desktop in KVM VPS = Low Display Resolution

noqqkknoqqkk Member

KVM VPS 4cores 4G ram.

Yum installed gnome-classic in Centos 7. Everything is good except the resolution is too low (1024*768) that caused hard to operate in Centos 7 Desktop.

Searched many information on internet about how to set it to higher resolution and finally setup successfully. However, the screen will be black screen if the resolution is set higher than 1024*768.

Could you please tell me how to change the display to higher resolution (16001200 or 19201080). Many thanks.

Comments

• I think this is the way it to be , as server , specially Virtual machine doesn't have GPU ...

• @qtwrk said:
    I think this is the way it to be , as server , specially Virtual machine doesn't have GPU ...

Thanks. All the VPSs I have should no GPU included.

However, some my VPS can set 19201080, some can 16001200 and like above one just can set max. 1024*768...... not understand...

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Is the host's hardware even capable of more than 1024*768 ?

• @Ikoula said:
    Is the host's hardware even capable of more than 1024*768 ?

Thanks. Below is for your reference.

(Vps 1) max can set 1920 x 1080
    - 2 cores Intel® Xeon® E5-2620

• 4G Ram

(Vps 2) max can set 1280 x 800 only

• 2 cores Intel® Xeon® E5-2680V4
    • 6G Ram
  • IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

If the host is capable then have a look into both normal drivers and virtual enancement drivers.

Thanked by 1noqqkk
  • WSSWSS Member

Or, just setup Xvfb..

Thanked by 1noqqkk