Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1GB Memory - Mail VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1GB Memory - Mail VPS

Hi,

I'm looking around for a very cheap VPS capable of running a Mail server. So first requirement, must be able to send mail (port not blocked). The minimum specs I need are 1GB Memory, 10GB Storage and 1 vCPU @ ~1.79GHz. I'm also looking for high guaranteed uptime. I'd like to be spending around 1 GBP/EUR/USD per month (but wouldn't mind a yearly plan, or going higher if unrealistic). Also I'd like it hosted in or near the UK, but this isn't a big requirement.

Thanks,
Jake

Comments

• @jakewalker said: I'm also looking for high guaranteed uptime

@jakewalker said: spending around 1 GBP/EUR/USD per month

Cool.

Thanked by 1Plioser
  • high guaranteed uptime

1 GBP/EUR/USD per month

Generally dont mix well. Especially not for a 1GB ram server, thats basically where the shitty servers start at.

For uptime, I can recommend liteservers and InceptionHosting, for example. Or generally any @Clouvider reseller I guess.

Thanked by 2jakewalker Clouvider
  • arubacloud seems like your best bet then..

Thanked by 1jakewalker
  • phpminphpmin Member
    edited August 2017

@jakewalker According my experience the entry VPS is around 65€ year. Dont expect from anything lower a great uptime except HostUS (I took it for a joke the 25$ last year Dec and is great, there are some timeouts sometimes but i count max 6-7 in a month and its a great result).

You can find even 30€ Y deals but 60% will be for sure a disaster. I took some time ago some 30€y "Deals" to do some uptime tests. The results were: average 4 domain timeout everyday and sometimes 6-7 domain timeout in a day (=server overcrowded, oversold, shameless oversold).

• MagicalTrainMagicalTrain Member
    edited August 2017

@phpmin said:
    @jakewalker According my experience the entry VPS is around 65€ year. Dont expect from anything lower a great uptime except HostUS (I took it for a joke the 25$ last year Dec and is great, there are some timeouts sometimes but i count max 6-7 in a month and its a great result).

You can find even 30€ Y deals but 60% will be for sure a disaster. I took some time ago some 30€y "Deals" to do some uptime tests. The results were: average 4 domain timeout everyday and sometimes 6-7 domain timeout in a day (=server overcrowded, oversold, shameless oversold).

Definitely disagree, no idea who youre hosting with. But even my 5-6$/year vps dont go down that often.

I have a 24$ @liteserver vps that has had exactly 0 minutes downtime since last year. @AnthonySmith has also had 0 downtime since Ive been with him and also doesnt cost 65€ a year...

• raise your price by 3-5 then you will get what you requested

• phpminphpmin Member
    edited August 2017

@MagicalTrain Maybe (99.9%) you're not checking with a correct uptime monitor service (or script) ..... Anyway good for you that you have production sites in vps less than 20 € Year :D clap clap

• WSSWSS Member

As stated many times, you have high expectations and a budget of nil. Rather than handle your own SMTP, you can get an MXRoute account for relatively little.

• You can get mx route for $10 per year or around

• Virmach 1GB for $9.70/year? But even if they advertise 100% uptime, they will go down once a while... I mean they do credit you but still, impossible to make sure it's always online. However, this one's in LA if UK location is required.

(Note: aff link)

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • You really need at least two mail servers if you want 100% uptime.
    Running you own mail servers is never the cheapest way

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @phpmin said:

@MagicalTrain said:

@phpmin said:

Definitely disagree, no idea who youre hosting with. But even my 5-6$/year vps dont go down that often.

I have a 24$ @liteserver vps that has had exactly 0 minutes downtime since last year. @AnthonySmith has also had 0 downtime since Ive been with him and also doesnt cost 65€ a year...

It's according to HIS EXPERIENCE. If his experience is sucks, so be it. Doesn't mean another people will suffer the same experience. I myself Have arubacloud(1 eur/month), @virmach ($10/year), @cam ($2/year). All of them has %100 uptime.

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • Does Virmach allows outgoing emails with special plans?

• @ScienceOnline said:
    Does Virmach allows outgoing emails with special plans?

@VirMach please confirm.

And yeah, I have a $13/y KVM special and I've never noticed any downtime.

@OP, your minimum spec seems to match arubacloud's €1/mo plan(only eligible on certain DCs). Check out their website.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

We do not permit mailservers (per our terms of service.) However, if you contact us beforehand we can make a note on your account with an exception to our policies, assuming your mail volumes you describe match with what we allow. You may be nullrouted for sending large mail volume, or suspended for sending spam.

However, we do not block any mail by default.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • phpminphpmin Member
    edited August 2017

@yokowasis said: I myself Have arubacloud(1 eur/month), virmach ($10/year), cam ($2/year). All of them has %100 uptime.

I'm not saying they are shi*** providers. Free Word, Free will, Choose whatever you want. Just a fact: uptime 100% doesn't exist and if you keep writing it i assume you dont know what uptime is (and if someone is selling a plan with 100% uptime it means he's using the same marketing tactic in the same realms of people offering an "Unlimited" amount of disk space).
    For example there are not (daily, weekly, monthly) maintenance downtime? There are not outages? Should latency increases of more than 50% be included? And most important, which tools were you using to check your "100%" uptime ?

I repeat, i'm not juding the provider, I'm just answering those 2 OPs that are saying this bu++sh++. 100% uptime doesn't exist on those low end plans even if your providers can be the better in the world.

• 1 GBP a month budget for a 100% uptime mail vps server and 1gb RAM.
    Yeah, that is not going to happen buddy. Why don't you add a 0 to your budget.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

We have 1GB @ 15EUR per year, which is a little over your budget. Available in 5 locations, including London: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/119327/alphavps-special-offers-on-dedicated-machines-in-bg-and-vps-in-bg-de-uk-ny-and-la#latest