Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner 20 YEAR SPECIAL - no setup fee on EX, AX (RYZEN) and MX - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner 20 YEAR SPECIAL - no setup fee on EX, AX (RYZEN) and MX

Comments

• edited August 2017

The server cost 39 so it does have 30TB

Server Price Traffic*

• Up to € 38.99 20 TB

• € 39.00 to € 83.18 30 TB

• € 83.19 to € 248.99 50 TB

• € 249.00 and above 100 TB

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Shit, that 4x6TB for €69/month is aight. Shame about the CPU.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    Alright you freaking "typo nazis", who is fucking with me on this hetzner deal.

I'll slice that bitch up for the other 4 peeps that want to come with me on this deal.

You don't even have to worry about the box being miss handled ,I will keep that bitch Always online.

I got $12 bucks on this, I just need 4 other peeps that are down on this group buy. Fuck the middleman and cut out all that bullshit. If you fucking with me I will keep it real with you and you will get your fair share of cpu shares and your dedicated RAM.

Good luck

• The SSD versions sound more interesting since for hdd you can use an auction server.

• btw. it's possible to add a 10G uplink to those EX and AX boxes https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Preisliste_Zusatzprodukte/en

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

willie said: The SSD versions sound more interesting since for hdd you can use an auction server.

Ain't no 4x6TB servers in the auctions.

• @vimalware said:

@Falzo said:
    I'd rather suggest slicing an EX41-SSD into five. which should leave you with ~6GB RAM and 100GB SSD each, cores probably best to do 2x shared and watch closely ;-)

Ooh, that's the sweet spot(6GB +2C), since 10TB of mountable storage is just a BX order away.

(quarterly billing maybe even, coz screw Paypal tax)

Look at us, saving the planet. :D

I might be willing to set this up for you and four friends per your suggestion. of course trustworthy members only :-P

• Very nice special. Just got myself a EX51-SSD. Not sure if they'll set it up before tomorrow since it's after working hours...

• @zeitgeist said:
    Very nice special. Just got myself a EX51-SSD. Not sure if they'll set it up before tomorrow since it's after working hours...

-

We generally process all standard servers in the AX-/EX- and PX-lines, as well as the SX61 and all vServer models (CX line), Servers from bidding (SB-Servers) and StorageBoxes (BX line) within just a few minutes after confirming the order.

• @Falzo said:

@vimalware said:

@Falzo said:
    I'd rather suggest slicing an EX41-SSD into five. which should leave you with ~6GB RAM and 100GB SSD each, cores probably best to do 2x shared and watch closely ;-)

Ooh, that's the sweet spot(6GB +2C), since 10TB of mountable storage is just a BX order away.

(quarterly billing maybe even, coz screw Paypal tax)

Look at us, saving the planet. :D

I might be willing to set this up for you and four friends per your suggestion. of course trustworthy members only :-P

Let me know when you get it going, am down as always. @vimalware and will make sure we pick good neighbors to go on this box. By the way, what kind of price range are you thinking of?

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

Let me know when you get it going, am down as always. @vimalware and will make sure we pick good neighbors to go on this box. By the way, what kind of price range are you thinking of?

Sorry to disappoint, but you joined only july 14th and without knowing which ban you are evading you can't be considered a repuable long term member... Oh. Wait.

:-P

I wouldn't look for any margin, just do some kind of community thing if there is enough interest. As said before if there are 5 slices this would result in 8 euro per each for the server, another euro for the IP and probably one more for covering fees or something like that. so probably 10 euro monthly.

Thanked by 2vimalware Junkless
  • @Falzo said:

Sorry to disappoint, but you joined only july 14th and without knowing which ban you are evading you can't be considered a repuable long term member... Oh. Wait.

MMMMMMM..... how did you come out with the conclusion that I'm evading a ban?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • if only ryzen servers had ecc... even fore more 10 euros more a month..
    im really want to get one, but wonder if for web server it be a problem

• zeitgeistzeitgeist Member
    edited August 2017

FredQc said: We generally process all standard servers in the AX-/EX- and PX-lines, as well as the SX61 and all vServer models (CX line), Servers from bidding (SB-Servers) and StorageBoxes (BX line) within just a few minutes after confirming the order.

Got mine after about two hours... guess they have plenty to do right now. :)

Any idea how the Micron 1100 SSD compares to the Crucial MX200 SSD, which was also used by Hetzner previously?

• Nekki said: Ain't no 4x6TB servers in the auctions.

Well if it's split 4 ways with ips added, that's 6tb disk per person, with 1 cpu core and 8gb of ram, for maybe 20 euro. While for 25 euro you can get an auction server with 6tb of disk (2x3tb), 16gb ram, all 4 cores to yourself and you can reboot the box whenever you want etc. I always like dedis better than large vps these days, other things being near-equal.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@willie said:

Nekki said: Ain't no 4x6TB servers in the auctions.

Well if it's split 4 ways with ips added, that's 6tb disk per person, with 1 cpu core and 8gb of ram, for maybe 20 euro. While for 25 euro you can get an auction server with 6tb of disk (2x3tb), 16gb ram, all 4 cores to yourself and you can reboot the box whenever you want etc. I always like dedis better than large vps these days, other things being near-equal.

I don't understand why you would think I would even begin to consider sharing the storage.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • Nekki said: I don't understand why you would think I would even begin to consider sharing the storage.

Oh ok, other people were discussing splitting up those servers. If it's just for yourself, go for it ;)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@willie said:

Nekki said: I don't understand why you would think I would even begin to consider sharing the storage.

Oh ok, other people were discussing splitting up those servers. If it's just for yourself, go for it ;)

Splitting storage is basically the same thing as letting strangers have a go on your wife.

• @Nekki said:

@willie said:

Nekki said: I don't understand why you would think I would even begin to consider sharing the storage.

Splitting storage is basically the same thing as letting strangers have a go on your wife.

With or without condoms?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@AuroraZ said:

@Nekki said:

@willie said:

With or without condoms?

With, but they can finish where they like.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • BukkakeVPS - You aim, we take the load.

Thanked by 2MasonR lion
  • hetzner just added 300 GBit/s Telia ^^

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@Falzo said:

MMMMMMM..... how did you come out with the conclusion that I'm evading a ban?

without wanting to derail the thread, you kind of act like you have been here for a long time and even state by yourself you had some 'issues' with other people and so on...

no offence meant, it's just a strong feeling and for now I would not put you on the same level of trust as e.g. @vimalware ;-)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • It's almost 72 hours and still waiting for my server to get delivered. Calling them doesn't help at all, because I don't think they really have any information about order status.

They just keep saying you should allow 1-3 days for orders with FlexiPack :(

• @wa44io4 said:
    It's almost 72 hours and still waiting for my server to get delivered. Calling them doesn't help at all, because I don't think they really have any information about order status.

FlexiPack is just once per account or per server?

• peixotormspeixotorms Member
    edited August 2017

I ordered the EX41 too, but it will take "up to" 5 days or so.

https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Auftragsbearbeitung/en

Current special cases:
    Due to high demand, the EX41 server currently have a setup time up to 5 workdays.

Edit: I got the server, so it was a quick delivery.
    And I can confirm it's an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz instead of the 6700.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@jetchirag said:

@wa44io4 said:
    It's almost 72 hours and still waiting for my server to get delivered. Calling them doesn't help at all, because I don't think they really have any information about order status.

If I'm not mistaken it's per server.

Thanked by 1wa44io4
  • AdvicerxyzAdvicerxyz Member
    edited August 2017

@mikho said:

@jetchirag said:

@wa44io4 said:

If I'm not mistaken it's per server.

yup per server, i got 2 dedicated with hetzner, wanted to grab the ax60 but no ecc isnt it risky for using as web server using cpanel ? cause the spec for price is amazing!

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • I ran a benchmark, result link @ https://serverscope.io/trials/Jo05

@desperand said:

@mtsbatalha said:

Hi, can you make Ryzen Bench?

https://serverscope.io/

And post result link. Thx

Thanked by 2Aidan desperand
  • scarecrowscarecrow Member
    edited August 2017

@peixotorms Can you see what DC you are in?

@mikho Flexipack and extra hardware cost has to be paid every month does it not?