Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner 20 YEAR SPECIAL - no setup fee on EX, AX (RYZEN) and MX - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner 20 YEAR SPECIAL - no setup fee on EX, AX (RYZEN) and MX

Comments

• pikepike Veteran

Seems this offer isn't valid for PX SX und PowerEdge Servers?

• Ah didn't see that you ordered the flexi pack with an additional HDD.

• @pike said:
    Seems this offer isn't valid for PX SX und PowerEdge Servers?

Nope, only EX/AX

Thanked by 1pike
  • @vimalware said:
    Somebody cook up an unmetered CPU KVM-ssd slice on these fast Skylake cores. I really don't need a whole box.

tagging @exception0x876 .

maybe a group pre-order for 4-6 hetzner 'slices' (4GB ram min) for us non-abusive oldtimers.

maybe a 40GB ssd+ 200Gb hdd hybrid package based on the Ex40-Hybrid.

the hybrid is haswell and probably not so cheap after all ;-)

I'd rather suggest slicing an EX41-SSD into five. which should leave you with ~6GB RAM and 100GB SSD each, cores probably best to do 2x shared and watch closely ;-)

considering the cost for additional IPs you're looking at around 10€ monthly and need 4 more oldtimers to jump that train...

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Falzo said:
    I'd rather suggest slicing an EX41-SSD into five. which should leave you with ~6GB RAM and 100GB SSD each, cores probably best to do 2x shared and watch closely ;-)

Ooh, that's the sweet spot(6GB +2C), since 10TB of mountable storage is just a BX order away.

(quarterly billing maybe even, coz screw Paypal tax)

Look at us, saving the planet. :D

• @vimalware sign me up for that EX41 6gb ram slice for $10-12 bucks. So thats you, @exception0x876 and I. We need 2 more heads to go on this deal and we good.

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    @vimalware sign me up for that EX41 6gb ram slice for $10-12 bucks. So thats you, @exception0x876 and I. We need 2 more heads to go on this deal and we good.

@exception0x876 is the tentative provider.

Has to be worth the hassle for him too. :p

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • @vimalware said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    @vimalware sign me up for that EX41 6gb ram slice for $10-12 bucks. So thats you, @exception0x876 and I. We need 2 more heads to go on this deal and we good.

He likes money right? Of course he is going to accept. Tell that dude to start buying those hetzner servers and cut me a piece for $10-12. I don't need the whole box, just a slice you know what am saying?

• YuraYura Member

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    I don't need the whole box, just a slice you know what am saying?

Yes, I know what you are saying. And my lawyer knows it well too - trademark infringement!

You will be served :-{

Francisco

• @Yura said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    I don't need the whole box, just a slice you know what am saying?

Yes, I know what you are saying. And my lawyer knows it well too - trademark infringement!

You will be served :-{

Francisco

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@vimalware said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

Does it have to be a dedicated ipv4?

• @mikho said:

@vimalware said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

I say is you serious? Absolutely, it's a must, that's law. You talking reckless if you gonna share an ipv4 with other peeps from LET. Some folks here be engaging on some hady shit with their ips getting listed on spamhaus. Sharing ipv4 is not possible on a group buy like this.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2017

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@mikho said:

@vimalware said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

I say is you serious? Absolutely, it's a must, that's law. You talking reckless if you gonna share an ipv4 with other peeps from LET. Some folks here be engaging on some hady shit with their ips getting listed on spamhaus. Sharing ipv4 is not possible on a group buy like this.

Then we aren't talking about $10-12 per slice.
    Not if you are expecting a provider to step in and slice it for you.

With all "extras" around it, fees, licenses etc... I would estimate somewhere around $15-20 / slice and that is barely making a profit.

Thanked by 13606202
  • YuraYura Member

@mikho said:
    and that is barely making a profit.

That's your mistake, right there. You expect profit from LET suggestions.

Phew. Glad to be of help.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@vimalware said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

He likes money right? Of course he is going to accept. Tell that dude to start buying those hetzner servers and cut me a piece for $10-12. I don't need the whole box, just a slice you know what am saying?

For $10-12 it is not going to happen with any provider unless the provider is willing to take losses.

• @exception0x876 said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@vimalware said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

For $10-12 it is not going to happen with any provider unless the provider is willing to take losses.

Have you looked into the ryzen line they got? 16 threads (1:2 overselling on those) and you can fit 32 "slices" on a ryzen box. 2GB ram per slice, 30gb disk per slice if you run them raid-0.

At 70 euro/month (incl tax) + ip costs of around 1 euro/ip/month, you're looking at around 4 euro per slice per month before additional costs (licenses and paypal fees), so there's most likely a profit in that for you there.

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • @exception0x876 For $10-12 it is not going to happen with any provider unless the provider is willing to take losses.

Well first of all, why you all fellows trying to make a buck from a "group-buy". If you didn't know "group-buy" was originally known as "team buying" you know what am saying?

That means, there is no freaking "I" on "team buying" and definitely not "I make money off you" vibe on this sort of thing. This is a group effort, as "we" chip in and buy this motherfucking server and slice that bitch up into 5 slices.

Look check this out:

€ 39.00 + /29 (6 usable IPs) - 6.72 € = 45.72€ which is about $54.30

$12 * 4 = $60 bucks.

So whats the deal? There is plenty of left over to get this bitch up and running into 5 slices with no "provider" taking a loss.

@mikho said:
    Then we aren't talking about $10-12 per slice.
    Not if you are expecting a provider to step in and slice it for you.

With all "extras" around it, fees, licenses etc... I would estimate somewhere around $15-20 / slice and that is barely making a profit.

What "extras" are you talking about? For all I know we just need a /29 block that gives us 6 usable ips, leave one extra for the main box, and the other 5 for the slices.

I don't need no stinking windows, licences, or what-ever else you calling extras. Just give me a beefed up 6gb KVM at a "group-buy" price.

Why the hell do I need a provider? Shit If I wanted to grab this from a provider, I would have gone this to the source you feel me?

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

IAlwaysBeCoding said: € 39.00 + /29 (6 usable IPs) - 6.72 € = 45.72€ which is about $54.30

$12 * 4 = $60 bucks.

$12*4=$48

• IAlwaysBeCoding said: $12 * 4 = $60 bucks.

12*4 = 48, you genius.

• His calculation is for 5 slices, obviously a typo there

• Alright then.

• ehabehab Member
    edited August 2017

i never did that 12 table in school, you must be a genius hahah j/k for the last part.

• To mitigate abuse risk, this sort of f*ck-the-profit plan could only be given to members who've been around for 6-8 months at least.

Heck, feel free to deny me service if the provider member isn't comfortable with me.

I only pitched exception0x876 coz his opennebula setup is slick, (create nat kvms, and what not. go give his KVM-ssd-LIMITED a try)

• Alright you freaking "typo nazis", who is fucking with me on this hetzner deal.

I'll slice that bitch up for the other 4 peeps that want to come with me on this deal.

You don't even have to worry about the box being miss handled ,I will keep that bitch Always online.

I got $12 bucks on this, I just need 4 other peeps that are down on this group buy. Fuck the middleman and cut out all that bullshit. If you fucking with me I will keep it real with you and you will get your fair share of cpu shares and your dedicated RAM.

• edited August 2017

@vimalware said:
    To mitigate abuse risk, this sort of f*ck-the-profit plan could only be given to members who've been around for 6-8 months at least.

>

6-8 months? I've been here for 2 weeks and your "fuck-the-profit" plan would exclude me, and I think I would be considered an extremely important asset to the LET community. I'm a distinguished exemplar member here, and in the 2 weeks I have risen through the ranks.

I think your 6-8 months plan should exclude me, as I would be the one administrating the box you know what am saying?

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    Alright you freaking "typo nazis", who is fucking with me on this hetzner deal.

I'll slice that bitch up for the other 4 peeps that want to come with me on this deal.

You don't even have to worry about the box being miss handled ,I will keep that bitch Always online.

I got $12 bucks on this, I just need 4 other peeps that are down on this group buy. Fuck the middleman and cut out all that bullshit. If you fucking with me I will keep it real with you and you will get your fair share of cpu shares and your dedicated RAM.

So what's the deal?

• @mtsbatalha said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

So what's the deal?

$12 bucks = 6gb ram and about 775GB slice from the 2x4TB.

We need 5 heads for this, me included. So 4 more, you in @mtsbatalha?

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

So what's the deal?

traffic?

• @mtsbatalha said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

So what's the deal?

traffic?

5TB * 4 = 20TB
    10TB *1 = 10TB(this is for me)

So for everyone else it will be 5TB.

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

So what's the deal?

traffic?

5TB * 4 = 20TB
    10TB *1 = 10TB(this is for me)

So for everyone else it will be 5TB.

This server don't have 30TB???