Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dacentec dedicated Opteron with 2x2TB and 4x750GB $25/mo in North Carolina - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dacentec dedicated Opteron with 2x2TB and 4x750GB $25/mo in North Carolina

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Disk has been replaced, took around 45 minutes from first ticket to resolution on a Sunday afternoon/evening. Very impressed.

• WSSWSS Member

Still pending..

• @Nekki said:
    Response already, support are on the case, didn't expect that on a Sunday.

Dacentec is a good company man. I have two boxes with them one Colo'd and never had any problems even On a Sunday for anything.

Thanked by 2MikePT netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

hzr said: This not NL, if it's the same script I remember, it dowlnoads from leaseweb CDN which can be WDC US East.

If you've got a better options for a network benchmarking script I'm open to suggestions, I don't usually do this sort of thing (if I get suitable speed to my VPN endpoints I don't care about anything else) so not up to date of the best tool for the job.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Sorted, final disk in play, and it's a lot newer than the others, less than a year old.

Model Family:     Seagate Barracuda 7200.10
    Device Model:     ST3750640AS
    Power_On_Hours          0x0032   091   091   000    Old_age   Always       -       8156

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • WSSWSS Member

Dacentec are quite fast with their support tickets. Hope they're not DbD slow on provisioning. I've cut out all VPS except for NAT and backup nameservice/MX.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Reinstalls do look to be via PXE, btw.

• @WSS said:
    Dacentec are quite fast with their support tickets. Hope they're not DbD slow on provisioning. I've cut out all VPS except for NAT and backup nameservice/MX.

No shit. 2 weeks ago I had 0 dedicated servers and was planning for 1 maybe 2. Now I am at 4, not even Atom machines...

Definitely not getting any more though. Got all I wanted and more, for a really nice price to boot.

And support is extremely impressive, I have to agree. 5 minute response times regarding questions, /64 ipv6 block is also already provisioned.

• WSSWSS Member

@MagicalTrain said:
    No shit. 2 weeks ago I had 0 dedicated servers and was planning for 1 maybe 2. Now I am at 4, not even Atom machines...

LET is a hellufadrug.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • FredQcFredQc Member
    edited July 2017

Nekki said: If you've got a better options for a network benchmarking script I'm open to suggestions

You can use mine: wget https://x86.ca/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash :P

You can also try speedtest.cli to test upload speeds.

wget -O speedtest-cli https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest.py
    chmod +x speedtest-cli

• Waiting the last 3-4 hours to get my KVM working lol. The support guy is nice and all, but I'm thinking at this point the KVM I got is just broken.

• Managed to order one and waiting for it to get delivered. Following @WSS I also got pretty fast reply on the ticket I opened :)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Nekki said:
    Disk has been replaced, took around 45 minutes from first ticket to resolution on a Sunday afternoon/evening. Very impressed.

That is impressive. Mine hasnt been delivered yet tho

@Nekki said:

PXE for sure. Its the best thing to do for a DC.

• @MikePT said:

@Nekki said:

NOC-PS I think.

@Setsura said:

@MikePT said:

@Nekki said:

NOC-PS I think.

There are better alternatives but yeah probably :)

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited July 2017

Setsura said: Waiting the last 3-4 hours to get my KVM working lol. The support guy is nice and all, but I'm thinking at this point the KVM I got is just broken.

No. They do not have equal number of KVm with their low priced servers. They use external KVM from Lantronix. So, you are in a queue to get the first available, when a client finished using it. For example, I do have a KVM attached now and I will release it I suppose in 6-7 hours. When I release the KVM, a support guy will detach it from my server and plug it to yours. be patience!

• chxchx Member

This offer comes and goes , last I needed it I set a Chrome extension to watch the page for changes.

@jvnadr said:

Setsura said: Waiting the last 3-4 hours to get my KVM working lol. The support guy is nice and all, but I'm thinking at this point the KVM I got is just broken.

No. They do not have equal number of KVm with their low priced servers. They use external KVM from Lantronix. So, you are in a queue to get the first available, when a client finished using it. For example, I do have a KVM attached now and I will release it I suppose in 6-7 hours. When I release the KVM, a support guy will detach it from my server and plug it to yours. be patience!

Thats why I still havent received mine. Ordered it 29h ago.

• When I tried dacentec 2 years ago now, they had issues mostly with kvm ilo. Seems not much has changed

• WSSWSS Member

I've got a flaky KVM. I'm getting no video, but there was just a flash of red on the BIOS screen.

@WSS said:
    I've got a flaky KVM. I'm getting no video, but there was just a flash of red on the BIOS screen.

At least you already got your server. Its been 30h here! :p

• WSSWSS Member
    edited July 2017

@MikePT said:

@WSS said:

At least you already got your server. Its been 30h here! :p

Nothing's quite as awesome as paying for something you can't use!

Edit: I got @MikePT 's KVM. Neener neener neener!

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@WSS said:

If you want to be an ass, you'll keep it for the whole 24 hr loan period before they reclaim. Rather than releasing it when done.

Thanked by 2WSS MikePT
  • WSSWSS Member

@Harambe said:

@WSS said:

If you want to be an ass, you'll keep it for the whole 24 hr loan period before they reclaim. Rather than releasing it when done.

Right now I just want to get a base OS on it. Java 6 was soooooo long ago!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

You crazy guys with your manual OS installs!

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • WSSWSS Member

@Nekki said:

Looks like this is FakeRAID/BIOS, huh? Wish I knew that ahead of time, or I would have passed.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@WSS said:

@Nekki said:

Looks like this is FakeRAID/BIOS, huh? Wish I knew that ahead of time, or I would have passed.

You don't like to live dangerously?

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@WSS said:

I didn't see RAID listed anywhere when I ordered, I assumed I'd be doing a software RAID setup.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Harambe said:

@WSS said:

I didn't see RAID listed anywhere when I ordered, I assumed I'd be doing a software RAID setup.

Tbf, I always assume softRAID unless hardware RAID is specified.