Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Price increase
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Price increase

comebackcomeback Member
edited July 2017 in Reviews

On May 14, 2017, I ordered:

OpenVZ

4 CPU Cores

1.5GB RAM

2GB Burstable ram

50GB Disk Space

1000GB Bandwidth

16.55€/year

They offered me a KVM, because they shut down OpenVZ:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/115846/piohost-second-chance/p1

KVM

2 CPU Cores

1GB RAM

2GB Burstable ram

40GB Disk Space

500GB Bandwidth

I received a mail that tells me that the price will be 36 € for renewal.

It gives me time, it's good.

But I do not think keeping the VPS for that price.

Dear Stephane,

Thank you for choosing and being a loyal customer of PioHost since 14th May 2017. We sincerely appreciate your business.

We're writing to inform you that we have completed audits and your services may be affected by price changes upon renewal.

Please review your service plan, due date, and recurring cost below.

Product: LET-Bri-KVM
Primary IP: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
Billing Cycle: Annually
Next Due: 2nd June 2018
Due On Renewal: €36.00EUR

If you notice no difference in the details above, you are not affected by the price changes and you should disregard this email.

We understand that price changes are not well received, we have made this decision to improve the overall service. The plan was not profitable for us to continue.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and hope that you will continue your services with us.

If you have any questions please contact the billing department by opening a ticket from your customer account or by emailing [email protected]

Thank you,

Accounts Department

Access Internet Ltd t/a PioHost

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

What's your point, son?

Was it that the new owners decided to scrap the unsustainable pricing? Good for them.

• We already know this. As long as @Ishaq doesnt cancel servers within their contract again, price increases after the term is over are completely up to him and expected after the takeover.

Thanked by 1philipc
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Welcome to 2 months ago, old news.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2017

Thats old news.

• I understand the price increase for the KVM, but I had ordered an OpenVZ.

• You could always ask for a refund (unless you accepted the KVM offer already which is what it looks like, so you'd be shit out of luck)

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

MagicalTrain said: You could always ask for a refund

Why a refund? They cancelled OpenVZ and replaced it with a KVM, for no price change over the period of the contract. So, the bought service is still on and going.
    Now, they rise prices IF the client want to continue with them AFTER the end of the current contract. So, he has the option to keep it in higher price (and 36€ per year for the specs is not really high if the service is good) or have plenty of time to find an alternative.

comeback said: I understand the price increase for the KVM, but I had ordered an OpenVZ.

They dropped OVZ line and replaced it with KVM. The price increase is not about that, but because the unsustainable prices previous owners did have in Piohost. And, as @MagicalTrain said, as long as they honor their current contracts until the end of them, they are handling perfectly their relationship with Piohost's current clients

• @jvnadr said:

MagicalTrain said: You could always ask for a refund

Why a refund? They cancelled OpenVZ and replaced it with a KVM, for no price change over the period of the contract. So, the bought service is still on and going.
    Now, they rise prices IF the client want to continue with them AFTER the end of the current contract. So, he has the option to keep it in higher price (and 36€ per year for the specs is not really high if the service is good) or have plenty of time to find an alternative.

Because the service has indeed changed. 1.5gb ram to 1gb for example. But as I also said, I doubt this will apply here anyway, because the service change was over a month ago and OP happily continued to use it and probably agreed to the change. If he were to request a refund, he should have done so when he was first told about the change.