Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Host/DC Do You Dislike The Most And Why?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What Host/DC Do You Dislike The Most And Why?

As what the title says. This thread should get fairly interesting.

Comments

• Hmm, I have to say Serverpronto's DC tops the list for me. It's a over rated basement... They really need to improve their company and standards while they're at it. I used them for a day and I was beyond unpleased.

• inb4 ColoCrossing bashing.

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • @Magiobiwan said:
    inb4 ColoCrossing bashing.

+1

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2013

Who: Colocrossing.
    Why: Deceptive business practices (operating in secret), tax evasion (see: employing Chris to falsify numbers), violating state/federal employment laws (see previous), turning LEB into a joke (see vpsnodes, endofreality)

@Magiobiwan said:
    inb4 ColoCrossing bashing.

There you go :)

In before "colocrossing is a daycare, not a datacenter."

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • This one...used them very briefly in 1998

• @jarland Wanna know something funny? I gained a client today because of how much he dislikes CC. He asked if I was in any of the CC locations, I said no, and then he immediately signed up for a service and told me why he dislikes CC so much! :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • @DomainBop Look at those prices!

• @Jeffrey said:
    jarland Wanna know something funny? I gained a client today because of how much he dislikes CC. He asked if I was in any of the CC locations, I said no, and then he immediately signed up for a service and told me why he dislikes CC so much! :)

But you post and advertise on a CC forum :p

• @concerto49 You think I care? haha. I was here before CC came here. If you notice, I post more elsewhere than here now. ;)

1. Additional transfer is available in 10 gig increments for $200.00 month

HA.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Ok serious answer though...

FDC Denver. They're actually a great datacenter. Until they're not.

Thanked by 1Spencer
  • @jarland, They put their Motherboards in cardboard boxes!

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Jeffrey said:
    jarland, They put their Motherboards in cardboard boxes!

That wasn't FDC's doing, that was alllll sharktech.

• @MrObvious SharkTech?

• bcrlsnbcrlsn Member

OVH - The worst customer service of any host I have ever worked with. Servers are cheap because they are too plentiful.

• ZettaZetta Member

@bcrlsn said:
    OVH - The worst customer service of any host I have ever worked with. Servers are cheap because they are too plentiful.

I would have a mKS 2G if I didn't read all the stuff here about them. I prefer not being screwed from their one strike policy.

• bobbybobby Member

Clueless ones (solus setup is only knowledge), those who spam with their sig in other provider's offers and those who start threads like this.

Thanked by 1Zetta
  • Burst.net, anyone?

Thanked by 1tux
  • GridHostingSolutions... for making this thread in the first place.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Sentris ... rock solid hardware, network is okey and solid as well.. Than you have to deal with support and you're all screwed.

Ticket example:
    Please reboot the server (meaning soft reboot). Do not powercycle the server to avoid corruption.

Ticket answer 3 minutes later:
    We've powercycled the server.

1 hour later:
    The server is not yet online, can someone please check it out?
    Answer:
    Give it some time.

Ended with corrupted RAID10 array and half of the data lost.

• chaufferchauffer Member
    edited July 2013

@ShardHost said:
    GridHostingSolutions... for making this thread in the first place.

If you're serious, then ShardHost is to be avoided too.

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • @chauffer said:
    If you're serious, then ShardHost is to be avoided too.

A thread with a title of "What Host/DC Do You Dislike The Most And Why?" started by a host themselves is only going to end in a car crash. If you want to avoid our services for pointing that out then that is indeed a shame.

• @ShardHost I think you're just as "bad" for pointing that out. :D

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • bobbybobby Member

@chauffer said:
    ShardHost I think you're just as "bad" for pointing that out. :D

No. +1 in my book.

• There are some which I criticize rather fervently, however none that I hate so much as to deserve a mention here. :)

• JeffreyJeffrey Member
    edited July 2013

@ShardHost Thread started by a host or not, I am still human, and I am still a client! I am open to say what I want and so is anybody else, a provider or not. I own a few LEB's from here still.

Thanked by 1chauffer
  • FizzadarFizzadar Member
    edited July 2013

Hetzner for three reasons:

• replacing working drives instead of the broken ones - twice!
    • significant increase in IP prices, which they enforced upon all IP blocks ordered prior to the increase.
    • IPv6 failures - I'm not sure how they have IPv6 setup but it never appears to work as expected (random dropouts, unexplained routing issues).
  • @fizzadar I've thought about getting a personal dedicated server with Hetzner once before, glad I didn't!

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2013

@joelgm said:
    There are some which I criticize rather fervently, however none that I hate so much as to deserve a mention here. :)

+1

Although I don't see the point of the thread, we all dislike some hosts a bit, doesn't mean we need a thread about it.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • @perennate That's just like saying we don't need a thread for the hosts/DC's we like then. :P

This discussion has been closed.