Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 Line, VPS Server Installation Script
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1 Line, VPS Server Installation Script

yokowasisyokowasis Member
edited July 2017 in General

I was reading some thread on LET about what is the easiest panel installation, and I was also reading some guy signature about plexdrive(?). I was thinking I should made some 1 line easy installer.

So I decided to post this.

Centos 7

Centos Web Panel : bash < (curl -s centos7.panel.web.id/cwp/)
VestaCP : bash < (curl -s centos7.panel.web.id/vestacp/)
Lemp Stack : bash < (curl -s centos7.panel.web.id/lemp/)
Kloxo - MR : bash < (curl -s centos7.panel.web.id/kloxomr/)
OpenVPN : bash < (curl -s centos7.panel.web.id/openvpn/)
Virtualmin : bash < (curl -s centos7.panel.web.id/virtualmin/)

I will probably adding more script in the future. If you have any useful script you want to add to my website, feel free to contact me.

Also probably I won't be able to edit my post anymore, you can find this post on github
https://github.com/yokowasis/vps-script/

Disclaimer :

The installation script for each respective stack is not created by me. I am just gathering them together. I will not be held responsible if you break your VPS, or Exploding Your House when you try to install this script.

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

If you can't handle your ownVPS DNS, you really shouldn't be adding these scripts- even by proxy.

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited July 2017

@WSS said:
    If you can't handle your ownVPS DNS, you really shouldn't be adding these scripts- even by proxy.

It might be useful for someone else. At least, It is to me.

I am sure newcomer to vps world will find this script useful to fast deploy their server.

• daffydaffy Member

So what you've actually done, is take oneliners from these separate panels/scripts/whatever and created your own, taking credit? That's a new kind of laziness.

edited July 2017

@daffy said:
    So what you've actually done, is take oneliners from these separate panels/scripts/whatever and created your own, taking credit? That's a new kind of laziness.

I think I should make the disclaimer font MUCH BIGGER AND ALL CAPS.

@yokowasis said:

Disclaimer :

The installation script for each respective stack is not created by me. I am just gathering them together. I will not be held responsible if you break your VPS, or Exploding Your House when you try to install this script.

I guess reading is overrated.

• @WSS said:

If you can't say anything positive or welcoming, then you shouldn't be running your ownMouth on the OP.

Come on guys, @yokowasis is a straight up guy. He has posted here when he needed help and doesn't come acting like knows everything. I believe that honesty goes a long way, if you come and ask for help, and then give back in the form of a little token of appreciation like this post, then everything is all good.

Ain't nobody gonna find out one of @WSS banal posts through the search engines, but @yokowasis post might be found by transient visitors who might be searching for "1 liner vps installation scripts". His long tail keyword thread might attract new visitors, and could help save a few minutes to each visitor he helps.

So, @yokowasis has my 2 thumbs up, even if it's little posts like this. It still helps!

• daffydaffy Member

@yokowasis said:

@daffy said:

@yokowasis said:

Disclaimer :

Well, if you had just read what I wrote, all of those projects already have oneliners. What's the point of yours then?

• @angstrom said:

yokowasis said: You guys love bashing people.

This is LET!

• @daffy said:

@yokowasis said:

@daffy said:

@yokowasis said:

Disclaimer :

Well, if you had just read what I wrote, all of those projects already have oneliners. What's the point of yours then?

It is an "awesome 1 liner vps installation" github.

@yokowasis. I suggest you change your github project name to "AWESOME xxxx" based on those "AWESOME php/python/java/data science" etc. That way, people like @daffy will see the point.

edited July 2017

@daffy said:

@yokowasis said:

@daffy said:

@yokowasis said:

Disclaimer :

my point is I never claim credit for any of these like you stated. I clearly stated that the respective stack script is not created by me.

kloxo-mr installation script

https://github.com/mustafaramadhan/kloxo/blob/dev/how-to-install.txt#L41

That is not so 1 liner. Sure you can combine them into 1 line. But it require some additional work, of copy paste.

instead of

yum update -y;yum install yum-utils yum-priorities vim-minimal subversion curl zip unzip -y;yum install telnet wget -y;cd /;cd /tmp;rm -f mratwork*;rpm -ivh https://github.com/mustafaramadhan/rpms/raw/master/mratwork/release/neutral/noarch/mratwork-release-0.0.1-1.noarch.rpm;cd /;yum clean all;yum update mratwork-* -y;yum install kloxomr7 -y;sh /script/upcp;

you can use

bash < (curl -s centos7.panel.web.id/kloxomr/)

also it has relevant domain name (I got it for free from afraid.org), make it much more easier to remember. I am sure it will be helpful for a guy who needs to deploy fast and a lot of vps.

If this script is not useful for you, then don't use it. Why do you even bother post a comment ?

It is useful for me and that's enough reason for me to share this to the world. If some of you guys don't think this is useful, then don't use it. If you guys think this script is dangerous and need to be removed, feel free to report my post to @jarland or any other mod.

• MagicalTrainMagicalTrain Member
    edited July 2017

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@WSS said:

If you can't say anything positive or welcoming, then you shouldn't be running your ownMouth on the OP.

LOL. That coming from you. The dude that claims to always be right and yells at another dude that was making a service available for free.

• @MagicalTrain said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@WSS said:

LOL. That coming from you. The dude that claims to always be right and yells at another dude that was making a service available for free.

Let me fix that for you!

LOL. That coming from you. The dude that claimed to be always be right and yelled at another dude that was making a service available for free.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@yokowasis If you wish to keep those links there please move the scripts you're advising people to pull straight into bash to github. At least then they can be easily audited.

Thanked by 1WSS
    edited July 2017

@trewq said:
    @yokowasis If you wish to keep those links there please move the scripts you're advising people to pull straight into bash to github. At least then they can be easily audited.

I don't understand. Move the script to ? should I delete the script here and just link to the github ?

If you want to look at the content of the script, just open them in the browser.

Added VNC Server and move the script to github.

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@MagicalTrain said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@WSS said:

Let me fix that for you!

LOL. That coming from you. The dude that claimed to be always be right and yelled at another dude that was making a service available for free.

You had a change of heart then in the last two days? I am totally not against some people maybe chilling out a bit sometimes, but Id definitely start with you, considering how you behaved since you registered here.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@yokowasis said:

@trewq said:

I don't understand. Move the script to ? should I delete the script here and just link to the github ?

If you want to look at the content of the script, just open them in the browser.

He's suggesting to move the scripts themselves to the github project instead of being hosted on some website. If they exist in the github project, they can be more easily tracked and scrutinized rather than being on a random website that could change at any point in time. In addition, if they are in the github project, others can suggest edits if/when things break or need updating.

P.S. I think I'm the "some guy" you referenced in your original post :)

• bsdguybsdguy Member

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@WSS said:

Come on guys, @yokowasis is a straight up guy. He has posted here when he needed help and doesn't come acting like knows everything. I believe that honesty goes a long way, if you come and ask for help, and then give back in the form of a little token of appreciation like this post, then everything is all good.

Ain't nobody gonna find out one of @WSS banal posts through the search engines, but @yokowasis post might be found by transient visitors who might be searching for "1 liner vps installation scripts". His long tail keyword thread might attract new visitors, and could help save a few minutes to each visitor he helps.

So, @yokowasis has my 2 thumbs up, even if it's little posts like this. It still helps!

I'm somewhat torn. On one side I have absolutely nothing against yokowasis and his approach to learning is certainly no worse than others. And yes, at least he is honest and has no big snout.
    On the other side I doubt the wisdom of his passing on useful scripts. Simple reason: One must be quite knowledgeable before being able to judge some script stuff one finds. What a relatively unexperienced guy finds great might actually be questionable.

So, WSS's comment could have been worded in a kinder way but isn't evil or far off.

• @MasonR said:

@yokowasis said:

@trewq said:

He's suggesting to move the scripts themselves to the github project instead of being hosted on some website. If they exist in the github project, they can be more easily tracked and scrutinized rather than being on a random website that could change at any point in time. In addition, if they are in the github project, others can suggest edits if/when things break or need updating.

P.S. I think I'm the "some guy" you referenced in your original post :)

Yeah, it was you.
    Well, the point of this is to have a nicer, easy to remember url. I have changed the script on my hosted to link to the github. Now it will download the script from github raw, instead of from my server. Also you can always replace the link with the link from the raw github. It will works just fine.

@bsdguy said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@WSS said:

I'm somewhat torn. On one side I have absolutely nothing against yokowasis and his approach to learning is certainly no worse than others. And yes, at least he is honest and has no big snout.
    On the other side I doubt the wisdom of his passing on useful scripts. Simple reason: One must be quite knowledgeable before being able to judge some script stuff one finds. What a relatively unexperienced guy finds great might actually be questionable.

So, WSS's comment could have been worded in a kinder way but isn't evil or far off.

Maybe for some of you, my compilation is useless and prefer to install the normal way. And I am totally fine with that. Although I don't know what exactly the reason, since I am gathering the script from the official website anyway. What I did is basically append the script into 1 line with ";" and changing the url into something easy to remember. It's not like add, edit or remove anything. It's exactly the same with the official way.

Except for the VNC Server. I get that script from some websites and some forums and combine them together. In this case, yeah, you shouldn't use it if you don't really sure what the script does.

But for most of the stack script, you are going to install it by downloading the bash script from the official site anyway. How is it any different than mine. It's not like I am hosting the those script.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited July 2017

@yokowasis I was suggesting that until you know what those scripts do, an update may very well become malicious through a third party. To blindly execute these scripts without viewing them first is not the greatest idea. By you providing them, without knowing what they actually do- is generally not a good idea, even if you are wanting to be helpful. You might get quite a bit of shit for it, should a script you mirror harm someone's setup, even if you had no malicious intent. You're taking on quite a burden, and you don't realize it.

• @WSS said:
    @yokowasis I was suggesting that until you know what those scripts do, an update may very well become malicious through a third party. To blindly execute these scripts without viewing them first is not the greatest idea. By you providing them, without knowing what they actually do- is generally not a good idea, even if you are wanting to be helpful. You might get quite a bit of shit for it, should a script you mirror harm someone's setup, even if you had no malicious intent. You're taking on quite a burden, and you don't realize it.

I know what they does. They install the respective stack. I took them from their official website. Like what @daffy states, they already have 1 liner script. All I do is makes the url beautiful :)

• For example :

bash <(curl -s http://vestacp.com/pub/vst-install.sh)

is totally the same with

bash <(curl -s centos7.panel.web.id/vestacp/

I am not even mirroring the script. The script will download the official script from the official website and install it the official way.

And if you asking whether I know what the script does. Yes I know. They all using basic commands , I mean it consists only cp,cd,yum,wget, it all basic commands. Not rocket science. Maybe I have difficulties setting up my nameservers (to be fair, I can successfully set up nameservers in under 2 minutes with different provider) . But it doesn't mean I can not understand Linux basic command.

So, if you or anybody asking whether I understand what I wrote (to be fair I am not writing them), Yes. I understand.

If there is any update regarding the stacks , the script will still works, because I am not hosting anything, the script will download the updated script from official website and install it. As long as the official website doesn't change their url that is.