Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plesk or Webuzo?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Plesk or Webuzo?

I haven't used Plesk since Plesk 17 came out. I have been using Webuzo but usually have minor issues with Apache crashing despite tweaking some settings. Out of the Box Webuzo has Apache permission issues every single time with me.

The only real thing stopping me from going back to plesk, is for whatever reason the Control panel would get bogged down so bad after server being up for awhile and get to the point that its not accessible until I reboot (Sites worked fine though)

Any reason to choose one or the other?

I do like how things are a little more straight forwarded with Plesk though.

If it was up to me I'd use cPanel or Interworx but I cant afford it.

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member

Why not just cPanel reseller hosting?

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited July 2017

@Ishaq said:
    Why not just cPanel reseller hosting?

At almost 1TB of bandwidth a day? haha.
    (Sorry should had stated usage)

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2017

I run quite a few Plesk installs for clients (CentOS 7), and never have any issues that you mention, so whatever it is was probably fixed over time or resource limited. Pretty sure I get more requests for Plesk than I do cPanel now for VPS or managed clients.

tldr; I would recommend using it if you want a panel.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • @HuntersPad said:
    At almost 1TB of bandwidth a day? haha.
    (Sorry should had stated usage)

for how many website? why you should use any web panel, i think cmm and easyengine (or wait ansipress) is your alternative choices.

• @MikeA said:
    I run quite a few Plesk installs for clients (CentOS 7), and never have any issues that you mention, so whatever it is was probably fixed over time or resource limited. Pretty sure I get more requests for Plesk than I do cPanel now for VPS or managed clients.

out of curiosity, how resource intensive is Plesk, been looking to move 10+ clients to plesk and run off a KVM.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Gravely said:

@MikeA said:

out of curiosity, how resource intensive is Plesk, been looking to move 10+ clients to plesk and run off a KVM.

Eh, I couldn't say with a bare install. All the ones I have run either single sites with big SQL or tons of WordPress installs. ExtraVM stuff runs on Plesk (incoming banter), with Apache + Nginx, MariaBD and PHP 7 my site idles at 950MB RAM and 1-5% CPU on two cores. Almost all of that memory is from SQL though.

Thanked by 1Gravely
  • WSSWSS Member

I didn't hate Plesk. It did what it was supposed to do, even if it had a slight learning curve- as opposed to CPanel.

• @Gravely said:

@MikeA said:

Honestly I managed 1TB+ of traffic a day on Plesk without any issue. I pushed 1.02PB of BW through plesk in 2016.

• @HuntersPad said:

@Gravely said:

@MikeA said:

Honestly I managed 1TB+ of traffic a day on Plesk without any issue. I pushed 1.02PB of BW through plesk in 2016.

How much RAM was your server running at that time?

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited July 2017

@Gravely said:

@HuntersPad said:

@Gravely said:

@MikeA said:

How much RAM was your server running at that time?

32GB and I rarely used 2GB of it

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

+1 for Plesk... Have ran 100+ sites on a VM with 4GB of RAM.

• 36062023606202 Member
    edited July 2017

I would prefer Plesk over cPanel (or any other paid web panel). Plesk Onyx is really good. I really did not like it at all - back in 2003 - but today, I absolutely love it.

• Currently transferring my 1TB of data into a new install of Plesk 17 :)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited July 2017

@HuntersPad said:
    Currently transferring my 1TB of data into a new install of Plesk 17 :)

Seeking for a VPS Plesk license... Any advice? Cheapest out there?
    Pretty excited to try Onyx though looks like their default anti spam sw isnt that good. They sell a more decent spam protection as an addon albeit even spamassassin works great if you have decent rules but I have no time to tune it that much.

• @MikePT said:

@HuntersPad said:

Pretty excited to try Onyx though looks like their default anti spam sw isnt that good. They sell a more decent spam protection as an addon albeit even spamassassin works great if you have decent rules but I have no time to tune it that much.

Licence cube is who I've used for the past few years. At $3.95 a month. I think that's the cheapest I've seen unless you get a provider where it's included like OVH

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@HuntersPad said:

@MikePT said:

@HuntersPad said:

Licence cube is who I've used for the past few years. At $3.95 a month. I think that's the cheapest I've seen unless you get a provider where it's included like OVH

Will check, thank you!

• +1 for Plesk Onyx. Been using it for more than 6 months now and all has been almost perfect! Will choose Plesk Onyx over cPanel any day.

• nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited July 2017

@MikePT said:

I would advise you to buy directly from Plesk because I think that price difference from resellers is low. Also you will have direct support from Plesk and from my own exprience their support is good and fast. They have saved me once on a serious server issue.

They also have a 14 day free trial