Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HP StorageWorks AG638-63011, possible to connect over ssh?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HP StorageWorks AG638-63011, possible to connect over ssh?

xrzxrz Member

Hello i wanna buy this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151712163950 but how can i connect to it? The server back does not seems to able to plug-in classic ethernet cable, if not how then? please help me :( thx!

Comments

• Huh? It looks like it has two Ethernet ports on the back of it.

• xrzxrz Member

oh fok i didnt realized that :D anyway it seems these does not have ram or cpu? then how to connect them ?

• jkr16jkr16 Member

I think you might seriously want to reconsider purchasing these. If you don't have the basic knowledge of computer components then it could just become an expensive paperweight. I'd also love to see the power consumption on this thing

• WSSWSS Member

You are aware that that's designed to attach to an EVA4400, right? It's not your standard SOHO drive array.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @WSS said:
    You are aware that that's designed to attach to an EVA4400, right? It's not your standard SOHO drive array.

He did not even know that it had Ethernet... or how to solve the missing cpu / ram issue.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • xrzxrz Member

I just asked what type of server is this :D i own 4 x hp dl160 g6, and dell r310, dell 710, but never saw any server like those before so thats why i am asked :D but dunno power consume is probably too high :D btw your sacrasm is sooo shiiiiit yet i dont care :D

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@xrz said:
    I just asked what type of server is this :D i own 4 x hp dl160 g6, and dell r310, dell 710, but never saw any server like those before so thats why i am asked :D but dunno power consume is probably too high :D btw your sacrasm is sooo shiiiiit yet i dont care :D

Power has nothing to do with it mate.

Thanked by 2Aidan xrz
  • This uses... special... interfacing also for the drive/drive sleds. It is pretty useless.

MSA60/similar use external SAS and normal caddy system.

Thanked by 1xrz
  • xrzxrz Member

@Clouvider said:

@xrz said:

Power has nothing to do with it mate.

it has to do, as it does matter if power cost monthly will be 300€ fo old crap or 50€ for newer (just a sample) :D