Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated CPU VPS Provider?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated CPU VPS Provider?

I just know ramnode, buyvm and Prometeus provide dedicated CPU VPS.

Is there any provider also provide it. Thanks.

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2017

Netcup(.eu) is where you wanna be ;)
    Side note: Netcup.de has a bit of a better pricing :P

Netcup.eu starts from:

RS 1000 G7 SE

Intel® Xeon® E5-2680V4

6 GB DDR4 RAM (ECC)

2 dedicated cores

40 GB SSD / 320 GB SAS

1 Gbit/s (traffic "flatrate" = If you use more than 10TB/mo + additionally 80 Mbit/s constantly more than 60mins they may reduce bw up to 10 Mbit/s temporary)

Anti DDoS

Own images etc..

KVM

Thanked by 2noqqkk Falzo
  • bersybersy Member
    edited July 2017

IncredibleVPS, netcup, Clouvider, Vultr, DO

Thanked by 1noqqkk
  • FredQcFredQc Member
    Thanked by 1Francisco
  • noqqkknoqqkk Member

Thanks a lot

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

We provide dedicated CPU as an addon option on most our packages.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • noqqkknoqqkk Member

@VirMach said:

Thanks. Where I can see more details about this.

• noqqkknoqqkk Member

@noqqkk said:

@VirMach said:

I found it. Thanks.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@noqqkk said:

@VirMach said:

Here's a comparison of most our packages: https://virmach.com/compare-vps-plans/

The high / dedicated CPU addon will be available on the service configuration page once you begin the order process. This option is available on all OpenVZ and KVM packages 1GB and above.

• Thanked by 1noqqkk
  • uptimeuptime Member

lunanode's flexible plan does hourly billing for unrestricted cpu ... comes out to $16 per full core per month on top of base charge (something like $5 per month) for ram and storage, also bandwidth ($3 per tb).

• KevinjoaKevinjoa Member
    edited July 2017

They don't provide dedicated cpu threads on their vps plans.

Thanked by 1noqqkk
  • jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

@Kevinjoa said:

Our nodes dont hit more than 60-70% Load (thanks to our deployment algorythm), so of course, our cpu cores can be described as dedicated ;-)

Thanked by 2noqqkk vimalware
  • @Ympker

I knew netcup.de was cheap, but when I saw their other site: http://www.netcup-sonderangebote.de/

Oh man, that's cheap.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2017

@FlamesRunner said:
    @Ympker

I knew netcup.de was cheap, but when I saw their other site: http://www.netcup-sonderangebote.de/

Oh man, that's cheap.

Yeah it's their special offers page :) All expired though ;/
    What's more on their forums they recently confirmed that they do not impose any CPU limits neither on the vCPUs nor dedicated cpus. You can max them 100% 24/7 even for mining they allow it ^^

• OBHostOBHost Member, Host Rep

We can offer you Dedicated CPUs!

• @Kabeldamagement said:

@Kevinjoa said:

Our nodes dont hit more than 60-70% Load (thanks to our deployment algorythm), so of course, our cpu cores can be described as dedicated ;-)

Of course not. Why would you forbid cpu intensive applications then in your terms. You must be joking. You also don't advertise them as dedicated because you can't provide everyone with one single allocated core or more depending on the plan.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited July 2017

All of our plans at SpeedyKVM.com have dedicated CPU and Resources. Here are some of our CPU models.

(E5-2630 v4 2.2GHz) Seattle
    (E5-2667 v4 3.2Ghz) New York
    (E3-1230 3.2Ghz) Dallas

This includes our V-Dedicated Line also.

• noqqkknoqqkk Member

@SpeedyKVM_Ryan said:
    All of our plans at SpeedyKVM.com have dedicated CPU and Resources. Here are some of our CPU models.

(E3-1230 3.2Ghz) Dallas

All of your plans mean V-DEDICATED plan? I just found this plan is Dallas only.

I just need 1-2 dedicated core(s) CPU depending on price. 8 dedicated cores in your V-DEDICATED plan really too much for me. Thanks.

• Or grab a dedicated server :)

Q9300 Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1TB SATA 7,200RPM HDD, 10TB Monthly Bandwidth, 3Gbps VEST DDoS Mitigation, Noction Intelligent Routing Platform with a /29 (5 Usable IPs)

$39/Month, $0 setup fee

E3-1230v2 Quad Core, 16GB RAM, 1TB SATA 7,200RPM HDD, 10TB Monthly Bandwidth, 3Gbps VEST DDoS Mitigation, Noction Intelligent Routing Platform with a /29 (5 Usable IPs)

$59/Month, $0 setup fee

E3-1270v2 Quad Core, 16GB RAM, 2x 1TB SATA 7,200RPM HDD, 10TB Monthly Bandwidth, 3Gbps VEST DDoS Mitigation, Noction Intelligent Routing Platform with a /29 (5 Usable IPs)

$69/Month, $0 setup fee

Hit me up :)

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited July 2017

SpeedyKVM_Ryan said: All of our plans at SpeedyKVM.com have dedicated CPU and Resources.

Really? I don't see this mentioned on your website. I have one NYC-SSD 62, so I can max out the cpu 24/7 ?

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited July 2017

@SpeedyKVM_Ryan said:

(E3-1230 3.2Ghz) Dallas

Oh! you have automated hypervisor throttling or something?

This is very interesting. A place to put things where I don't have to worry about non-malicious incidental load spikes.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • SpeedyKVM_Ryan said: All of our plans at SpeedyKVM.com have dedicated CPU and Resources

I doubt that. If CPU is dedicated to customer why your ToS said:

All digital currency applications are banned as they cause high cpu spikes for extended periods, feel free to run that sort of application on a dedicated server at a different provider instead.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited July 2017

I like @AnthonySmith 's CPU AUP the best.
    Permissible enough for a VPS:

In any 24 hour period you may use up to 60% of 1 core or equivalent over all cores,
     for example if you have 2 CPU cores that would be considered abuse 
    at over 30% use on each cores for 24 hours, 
    you may not burst to 100% of 2 cores or equivalent over more cores for more than 1 hour.

I like the last line in particular. More than sufficient leeway.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I think the only host I know of that really dedicates cores is buyvm based on the benchmarks.

The others are just allowing you to use 100% while allowing everyone else to use 100% and let the credit scheduler take care of the rest.

Being able to use 100% in the guest is not a dedicated core.

If you are going to use 'dedicated core' hosts ask in advance if they will refund you if your benchmark is not within 10% of what can be expected native, you might find a few who are no longer so confident.

vimalware said: I like @AnthonySmith 's CPU AUP the best.

Permissible enough for a VPS:

Thanks, and in reality, it is not enforced unless it needs to be which is getting far less frequent now since orders from China were blocked.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@AnthonySmith said:

The others are just allowing you to use 100% while allowing everyone else to use 100% and let the credit scheduler take care of the rest.

Being able to use 100% in the guest is not a dedicated core.

While you may be right on this for a formal definition I'd say most of the customers won't care about. probably most of them asking for dedicated ressources just don't want to think or care about complex limits given in any providers ToS and being afraid to step on someones toes...

I also would not want to use a VM were I have to monitor my usage. Either I get a VPS with X cores as advertised and can use them whenever I like and to whatever power I get out of them or the provider is not a good fit.

After all that's what virtualization is for sharing ressources and let the hypervisor take care.

of course this can't work with ONLY people draining cpu power on the same node but leveraging shouldn't be an issue of customers taking care of not using there booked ressources any time they want.

Thanked by 1vimalware
    edited July 2017

Falzo said: While you may be right on this for a formal definition I'd say most of the customers won't care about. probably most of them asking for dedicated ressources just don't want to think or care about complex limits given in any providers ToS and being afraid to step on someones toes...

I would agree however if that were the case and the goal was not to have to give a crap about your resource usage and they did not care about CPU performance so much they could just get a dedi cheaper than a dedicated core VPS anyway so it makes no real sense.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    the goal was not to have to give a crap about your resource usage and they did not care about CPU performance so much they could just get a dedi cheaper than a dedicated core VPS anyway

that's exactly what I do at least ;)

There is no much reason to pay >30 bucks for any VM unless main priority is cloud/ha/failover/management stuff (just my pov)

for my use cases vserver are to fill the gap between 1$ hosting and small dedis. both things I'd also like to use without thinking of imposing any artifical limits to keep in line with complex usage restrictions (despite bandwidth ofc ;-))
    and same should apply for a vm in that range. Book it, use it. If the performance does not hold up to my (usually fair) expectations that I would not blame on the term dedicated if used...