Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a VPS with 1Gbps connection
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a VPS with 1Gbps connection

jobine23jobine23 Member
edited July 2017 in Requests

Hey everyone !

I'm looking for a vps for my Plex media server. Why a high port speed & unlimited bandwith ? Because I will get files from a seedbox, and after I will be uploading the files to Google Drive ( More than 15 Tb ). I will also need few cores as Plex will need to Transcode for the streaming. I will be using this product as a Plex Media Server and transferring files to Google drive.

VZ Type: Any

Number of Cores: 2-4

RAM: 4 GB

Disk Space: 100 GB

Disk Type: HDD

Port Speed: 1 GB/sec

DDoS Protection: No

Number of IPs: 1 IPv4

Budget: 15$ USD

Billing period: Monthly

Bandwith: Unlimited

Comments

• bersybersy Member
    edited July 2017

BuyVM's 'SLICE 4096' comes with 1 dedicated CPU thread 3.50+ GHz, 4GB RAM, 80GB SSD and unmetered BW. Their LG is here.

• @bersy said:
    BuyVM's 'SLICE 4096' comes with 1 dedicated CPU thread 3.50+ GHz, 4GB RAM, 80GB SSD and unmetered BW https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices Their LG is here.

Thank you but do they have a GB/sec ?

• bersybersy Member
    edited July 2017

jobine23 said: Thank you but do they have a GB/sec ?

Positive, it's 1Gbps fair share AFAIK. I bet @Francisco could shed some light on that.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Hello,

Thanks!

All plans are fair share 1Gbit.

Francisco

Thanked by 2bersy Foul
  • @Francisco said:
    Hello,

Thanks!

Francisco
    @Francisco said:
    Hello,

Thanks!

Francisco

Hi, thank you for your fast response, can you tell me what do you mean: fair share 1 Gbit ? Like how much will I really get ? And do you think 1 core will be enough for transcoding for Plex ?

Hello,

Most nodes sit at 100mbit/sec or less usage so there's plenty if you need 15TB.

As for the transcoding, do you really need to transcode? 1 Core is likely ok for a couple streams but if you don't need to transcode it should be able to handle a fair bit more.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    Hello,

As for the transcoding, do you really need to transcode? 1 Core is likely ok for a couple streams but if you don't need to transcode it should be able to handle a fair bit more.

Francisco

Okay I was looking for a Gb/sec as I already have 100 mb/sec with the KS-3C From Kimsufi.

• If you want a dedicated 1gbps connection instead of a fair share 1gbps, the price tag is not so right.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@msg7086 said:
    If you want a dedicated 1gbps connection instead of a fair share 1gbps, the price tag is not so right.

Aye. OP needs to start being realistic.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2017

15$/mo for 1Gbit & that too for media streaming/plex is too unrealistic in my opinion. The best close we can offer is

• CPU: Intel Quad-core Xeon X3430 (4x2.40GHz)
    • Chassis: HP Proliant DL120
    • RAM: 4GB DDR3
    • Storage: 250GB SATA HDD
    • Bandwidth: 25TB
    • Port: 1Gbps
    • IP Address: 1 IPv4
    • Price: €26.50/mo
    • Order: https://my.stroix.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=3

More info: Netherlands Dedicated Servers

• seanhoseanho Member

@jobine23 said:

@Francisco said:
    Hello,

Francisco

Okay I was looking for a Gb/sec as I already have 100 mb/sec with the KS-3C From Kimsufi.

I think Fran meant the utilization on most nodes isn't usually over 100Mb/s, on a 1GB/s port, so there is plenty of port speed available.

@seanho said:

@jobine23 said:

@Francisco said:
    Hello,

Francisco

I think Fran meant the utilization on most nodes isn't usually over 100Mb/s, on a 1GB/s port, so there is plenty of port speed available.

Bingo! :)

Francisco

• @msg7086 said:
    If you want a dedicated 1gbps connection instead of a fair share 1gbps, the price tag is not so right.

I'd like to get 500 mb/sec or at least better than what I currently have. If I can't find better, I will stay at Kimsufi servers. I can get 1 Gbps for my price but located in france, sadly.

@Francisco said:

@seanho said:

@jobine23 said:

@Francisco said:
    Hello,

Francisco

Francisco

I'm interested but transcoding with one core will not be easy. I got 4 cores currently and it takes like 10 seconds.

@jobine23 said:

@msg7086 said:

I'd like to get 500 mb/sec or at least better than what I currently have. If I can't find better, I will stay at Kimsufi servers. I can get 1 Gbps for my price but located in france, sadly.

@Francisco said:

@seanho said:

@jobine23 said:

@Francisco said:
    Hello,

Francisco

Francisco

I'm interested but transcoding with one core will not be easy. I got 4 cores currently and it takes like 10 seconds.

Well you'll have to open your wallet a bit wider for 4 cores. CPU is in limited supply on our nodes due to how we carve plans.

Francisco