Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Need a Replacement for BudgetNode/PioHost
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Need a Replacement for BudgetNode/PioHost

NeoonNeoon Member
    edited July 2017 in Requests

Hey Guys,

Since the recent events of Budgetnode/PioHost and the price increases.
    I am looking for a different Provider that hopefully can match the Specifications

I am looking for a VPS, with these specs:

CPU: Shared/Dedicated

Memory: 512MB+

Disk: 15GB+

Traffic: 500GB @ 100Mbit or better

Virtualization: KVM/XEN-HVM/VMWare

Price: Yearly, make me an offer

I will see if I can migrate these 2 KVM boxes into one, or rather buy 2 of these.

I got one currently one in UK and one in NL, I could not spot a deal yet.

Maybe someone can deliver?

Thanks, Neoon.

Comments

• WSSWSS Member
      edited July 2017

@AnthonySmith VirMach @DavidGestionDBI

(Virmach was intended as a joke, but i put the @ in front, which would be a dick move)

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith

I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

Slice?

Francisco

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
      BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
      BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    • MasonRMasonR Member

What's with the "...replacement for BudgetNode..." titles of threads that I'm seeing? Maybe it's just me but seems rather dickish than just saying "I'm looking for a VPS with these specs."

I'm up to date on the LET drama, so I'm aware of what happened, but just doesn't seem necessary to try to call the provider out.

LowEndStorage | FreeMach - Free KVM Servers (LET Thread)
      Yet Another Bench Script (YABS) - Linux Server Benchmarking Script (dd, iperf, & Geekbench)

• For NL @vmbox. Not sure if they have a current yearly offer but have always been satisfied with their services.

Thanked by 1StevenN
    • Thanked by 1joeri
    • NeoonNeoon Member

@MasonR said:
      What's with the "...replacement for BudgetNode..." titles of threads that I'm seeing? Maybe it's just me but seems rather dickish than just saying "I'm looking for a VPS with these specs."

I'm up to date on the LET drama, so I'm aware of what happened, but just doesn't seem necessary to try to call the provider out.

I do not see something wrong, with looking for a replacement and mention the Provider.

I could even Provide proof that I have services with Piohost/Budgetnode.

• WSSWSS Member

@MasonR said:

Since Ishaq stepped down, everyone's gone from sucking him off to calling him a dickbag. He acquired PIOHost, and they pretty much told everyone they need to pay up or go away, because Bopie was charging too little. Eventually, he relented, and said he'd allow people to keep their current setup for current prices, but they would not be renewable.

I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

• Also HostUS is prem for UK @AlexanderM. They are on @Clouvider's network.

• I would be interested in the same deals. I am trying to phase out some OpenVZ servers.

additional specs:
      ipv6 required
      ddos protection required

• StevenNStevenN Member, Provider

We can do:

1GB RAM
      25GB SSD Cached HDD
      2TB BW @ Gbit
      1IPv4
      NL KVM
      Free wildcard SSL's
      Free DDoS mitigation
      $24/yr

PM for deal :)

VMBOX.CO.UK - RAID10 PURE SSD KVM VPS / SSD CACHED OVZ - NL/LA/PHX - FREE WILDCARD SSL'S - FREE DDOS MITIGATION

• NekkiNekki Moderator

@bugrakoc said:
      Also HostUS is prem for UK @AlexanderM. They are on @Clouvider's network.

Is anyone not on Cloudvider's network these days? Enfield is the new Buffalo.

Thanked by 2Yura bersy

Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider
      edited July 2017

c'mon @Nekki you're hurting me so much :(

We have Docklands too : >

Clouvider Limited - Leading EU Hosting Solution Provider || UK Dedicated Server Sale - True HA Cloud VPS - Latest LET Offer

Cloud Web Hosting | SSD & SAS HA VPS on OnApp | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

• YuraYura Member

@Nekki said:

@bugrakoc said:
      Also HostUS is prem for UK @AlexanderM. They are on @Clouvider's network.

Is anyone not on Cloudvider's network these days? Enfield is the new Buffalo.

Dom is the new Don. He managed to do what EU failed at - to keep British providers in his evil empire.

• NekkiNekki Moderator

@Clouvider said:

Is anyone in Docklands and on LET?

Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

edited July 2017

@Nekki said:

@Clouvider said:

Is anyone in Docklands and on LET?

Yes. At least one, and soon I believe 2 providers. That's from what I know and while we haven't started selling publicly yet. Might be more.

Clouvider Limited - Leading EU Hosting Solution Provider || UK Dedicated Server Sale - True HA Cloud VPS - Latest LET Offer

Cloud Web Hosting | SSD & SAS HA VPS on OnApp | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

Yura said: Dom is the new Don. He managed to do what EU failed at - to keep British providers in his evil empire.

I'm not sure it's a compliment or ? :P

• IshaqIshaq Member, Provider

@MasonR said: I'm up to date on the LET drama, so I'm aware of what happened, but just doesn't seem necessary to try to call the provider out.

Wasn't going to comment and stir up drama but I think it's fair if I say that my best guess is they are annoyed they can't keep renewing £9-10/year KVMs, which have increased in price and are now similar to the offers they are receiving above here anyway. Those are pretty much the only price changes we have made as it was unsustainable to continue offering.

Thanks.

Thanked by 1MasonR
      [BudgetNode] DDoS Protected. 7 Locations (US/EU). Check out our latest offer!
    • Providers with Clouvider Docklands please out yourselves!

Thanked by 2switsys bersy
    • NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will NEVER catch me!!!!!

Thanked by 1Clouvider

The Bun | Primary DNS | Small Web <--- Do not ask questions, just go for it.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

Whats so special about the Docklands?

I used to make trips to Meridian Gate every month to work on servers colocated there. Was pain in the arse and expensive.

• YuraYura Member

@Clouvider said:

Yura said: Dom is the new Don. He managed to do what EU failed at - to keep British providers in his evil empire.

I'm not sure it's a compliment or ? :P

"Ominous sign, it's definitely an ominous sign. Oh dear..." The suspense was palpable. It gathered around him like thick smoke, suffocating his thoughts. He strolled back and forward, unsettled and deeply disturbed by thoughts unknown by anyone but himself. His fingers absentmindedly brushed across cold surface of his beloved Juniper MX480. Trivial ritual which would bring peace of mind to the Managing Director on any other day. Any day but not today...

"...in his evil empire". He tried to push his thoughts back in time, to analyze log of his previous day but each attempt have been crushed by gargantuan weight of the mysterious note he read that evening. Even the new octopus logo didn't bring joy to Dom's heart. Instead, his imagination ran wild, unbound by any latency of the physical realm. He felt as if the octopus was looking at him from the ceiling, and the sea monster's black ink was dripping down, sipping into Dom's mind and poisoning his thoughts.

Bead of perspiration collected over his brow and binded by the gravity it dropped on his desk. "Someday... Someday I will find out what it means", and with renewed energy he pushed away ugly claws of uncertainty and went home, calm and collected.

"But, what if..."

• HaroldHarold Member
      edited July 2017

They are some of the options for BudgetNode/PioHost like Hosting24 or Namecheap for VPS hosting. They provide various VPS plan as the money increase the features will also increase. And you will get the plan as per your requirement. Read the below link and find out the best for you.

https://www.hosting24.com/servers.php

https://www.namecheap.com/hosting/vps.aspx

• imokimok Member

@Harold Hostinger and Namecheap, joking right?

Thanked by 1TheRealMakan
    • williewillie Member

Nodion? @nik

#lexit spread the word.

• niknik Member, Provider

@willie said:
      Nodion? @nik

We soon will have something interesting for the LET market, but sadly I don't have any ETA yet.

Thanked by 1williclarkam

Nodion – High Performance Cloud Hosting in Frankfurt, DE

• 36062023606202 Member
      edited July 2017

randvegeta said: Whats so special about the Docklands?

randvegeta said: pain in the arse and expensive.

Me, myself and a lowest common denominator named Bob - We all ❤️ @eol.

edited July 2017

@randvegeta said:
      Whats so special about the Docklands?

I used to make trips to Meridian Gate every month to work on servers colocated there. Was pain in the arse and expensive.

Sooo.... Starting from the obvious and the most important fact - connectivity. In regards to our location, Telehouse North 2, it's the most advanced yet facility, operated by arguably one of the best DC operators in town.

http://www.telehouse.net/Telehouse/media/Telehouse/Fact Sheets/Telehouse-North-Two-Fact-Sheet-September-2016.pdf

Thanked by 1mikho

• ehabehab Member

@Clouvider said:

hi, any pictures of your datacenter, offices and maybe secretaries :P

• do not prepay > 1 year and check for reviews/support
      • only use monthly from a provider operating < 1 year 🍆

ehab said: hi, any pictures of your datacenter, offices and maybe secretaries :P

Everything we're prepared to share is on our Instagram :)

https://www.instagram.com/clouvider/

Thanked by 1ehab

• MasonRMasonR Member

@ehab said:

@Clouvider said:

hi, any pictures of your datacenter, offices and maybe secretaries :P

That's all the pussy you'll be getting ;)

Thanked by 2Clouvider ehab

LowEndStorage | FreeMach - Free KVM Servers (LET Thread)
      Yet Another Bench Script (YABS) - Linux Server Benchmarking Script (dd, iperf, & Geekbench)

edited July 2017

It's @adamBB's beauty :)

Thanked by 1MasonR

• MikePTMikePT Member, Provider

@Clouvider said:

Do you take pictures for customers servers too? :p
      We want ours, labelled with our company name!

• InfinityInfinity Member, Provider

@Clouvider said:

ehab said: hi, any pictures of your datacenter, offices and maybe secretaries :P

Why are your QFX's in VC mode? Surely they would be put in Junos fusion if you have MX's. The hardware and software layers in those QFX's is quite interesting, given it's just a beefy switch.

edited July 2017

@Infinity said:

@Clouvider said:

Why are your QFX's in VC mode? Surely they would be put in Junos fusion if you have MX's. The hardware and software layers in those QFX's is quite interesting, given it's just a beefy switch.

'Surely' there is no single correct setup.

There is a reason behind it - we want logical And physical separation so that the location can whitstand even if there are issues with the core router. We can run each location from another location

Clearly we do something right if we're known for the quality here ;-).

• rocketrocket Member

@Clouvider said:

@Infinity said:

@Clouvider said:

There is a reason behind it - we want logical And physical separation so that the location can whitstand even if there are issues with the core router. We can run each location from another location

Just saw those welcome pack things on your Instagram, do all customers get one or is it just for specific services? They look awesome.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Provider

@Clouvider said:

@Infinity said:

@Clouvider said:

There is a reason behind it - we want logical And physical separation so that the location can whitstand even if there are issues with the core router.

Was just curious of the reasoning, I know there are many reasons to do it many different ways.

I did a cool virtual chassis fabric deployment in Virtus a couple of months ago with 4 spine QFX5100's and 16 leaf nodes, they're quite punchy even if they're a pain to rack. Although worryingly one of the leaf nodes already failed last week. Next time you're in Virtus if you see a big new cage in data hall 1 you know what's in it now. :-)

Also curious because today I hopefully I'll have time to unbox some QFX1500's for my own deployment, and get some Junos fusion going. It made a lot more sense considering QFX1500's turn out to be a lot more economical than buying another MPC and MIC.

Thanked by 1Clouvider

@MikePT said:

@Clouvider said:

Do you take pictures for customers servers too? :p
      We want ours, labelled with our company name!

@Clouvider :P

@Infinity welcome in the neighbourhood:-).

It is cheaper surprisingly I agree, it wouldn't save us much in our case as we needed guaranteed throughout for the core links and that's ultimately MICs and MPCs anyway.

@MikePT we can take a picture of the server, not a problem :-). It's against our policy to label them with anything other than generic numbers, so you cannot guess the device's function without heaving access to our systems. That's for security reasons.

• Clouvider said: without **heaving **access

???

@Clouvider said:
      @Infinity welcome in the neighbourhood:-).

It is cheaper surprisingly I agree, it wouldn't save us much in our case as we needed guaranteed throughout for the core links and that's ultimately MICs and MPCs anyway.

@MikePT we can take a picture of the server, not a problem :-). It's against our policy to label them with anything other than generic numbers, so you cannot guess the device's function without heaving access to our systems. That's for security reasons.

That makes sense.
      Anxiouuuuuuuuuus!
      <3

• @inthecloudblog said:

Clouvider said: without **heaving **access

???

perhaps he meant "having" !

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
    • NeoonNeoon Member

I guess, I go buy a slice.

• IshaqIshaq Member, Provider

@Neoon said: I guess, I go buy a slice.

Good choice!

[BudgetNode] DDoS Protected. 7 Locations (US/EU). Check out our latest offer!
    • raindog308raindog308 Moderator

Closed by @Neoon request.

For LET support, please visit the interim support desk.

Over the past few months we have been met with many challenges within the moderation business. Some that have not been overcome.

This discussion has been closed.